• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiustis

Every repub and conservitive pundit is gonna ride this 24/7
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more stalking and assaults on Muslims and brown people stateside

Fucker would have woken up in the middle of the night if he needed to. He's hungry for any kindling to fire up his supporters

I'm just confused because it's crazy that people in the US eat that up. Scary brown people should be the least of our worries.

So did people just forget Hulk Hogan is a racist piece of shit or what?

I never really knew people fell for wrestling stars like that. Dude's a proven racist prick yet somehow still has a following. Doesn't help people have an unprecedented amount of hate for Gawker media either and he's a "hero" for taking them down

I'm just confused because it's crazy that people in the US eat that up. Scary brown people should be the least of our worries.

It's for the majority to blame an outside force for all their problems and minimize/outright forget their own contributions to the failings of society. When you don't want to do any work to fix yourself, you'll devour anything that absolves you/takes attention away from what you have to work on.

D i Z

Nope. They were all quietly waiting for his hero status to be reinstated (being removed from the WWE was the point of shame, not the controversy). All he needed was a conflict and a win with a bigger villain, or something easy to dislike to get them to break their silent support. Being a raging racist isn't a character flaw for these people. It's all excusable with proper context.

Edit: Pretty much what Gordon said.

Jacir

In terms of western Europe, "scary brown people" did rule for more than 700 years. It was more complicated in the Eastern front. Ultimately to a certain degree, Europe's fear of brown people is justified, I hate to say and cape for them 😕. Their fear is the possibility of being governed by scary brown people who just happens to be Muslims for another 700 years or so.

Edit- I write all that forgetting the culpability of European Imperialism.

Aiustis

In terms of western Europe, "scary brown people" did rule for more than 700 years. It was more complicated in the Eastern front. Ultimately to a certain degree, Europe's fear of brown people is justified, I hate to say and cape for them 😕. Their fear is the possibility of being governed by scary brown people who just happens to be Muslims for another 700 years or so.

Edit- I write all that forgetting the culpability of European Imperialism.

Europe, I get it, the US, I do not.

Kreed

By "people" do you mean the people who wanted us "to be fair", because Hogan:

1- was a product of a different era
2- didn't mean the n-word in a hurtful way
3- was protective of his daughter and said something he didn't mean
4- is not racist racist
5- said what he said in a moment of passion and they could relate to it, but don't condone it
6- reminds them of a lot of their friends that mean well but aren't hateful.

etc...? Yeah that's probably not a priority in their memory banks.

FyreWulff

Yeah, Hogan can eat shit for all I care. No way will I defend him.

He supplied alcohol to his son constantly, starting when he was underage. Hulk also made a statement that his son's friend "should have worn a seat belt" trying to blame the dude himself for getting half his skull blanked, when the reason he was injured was from the speakers in Nick's car slamming into his head through the seat, not being thrown into the dash or from the car, something a seatbelt wouldn't have protected him from.

Hulk can get fucked just along with everyone else

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hulk is forever a piece of shit, no matter what happens to him now, he's still a piece of shit. His non-apology "I'm sorry people had to see that" etc - bull shittttttt.

Malyse

What? Hell nah..

Damn, my girl Cindi got clapped. I ain't fucking with anymore race threads on either Gaming or OT.

Part of why I dipped out.

And most of those Ls are elektra related. But on the bright side, with certain characters coming around, maybe marvel plans on making a shadowlands season in the future

How you fools go a full 2 hours without posting? Was GAF down?

Woke up 30 minutes ago and currently getting caught up with the attacks in Brussels. The cycle continues and I am of thought that it won't stop.

Condolences to the innocent.

And Trump's poll numbers will rise.

akilah-johnson.jpg

RedSwirl

I guess it's the same fear of a black planet. In a few centuries it'll be our turn. War is coming in some way. The feds is watching. Stay safe and healthy.

I'm not even close to caught up on the Brussels news (it'll probably be the evening news before I am), but after reading some shit about how civilizations across the world developed over the millennia and whatnot, I think what we might be seeing is an eventual overall correction in the balance of power between continents. I think that's what we're potentially seeing now with China, India, and potentially Iran depending on how politics go.

Europeans being on top of the world is a historically recent phenomenon. For thousands of years climate and natural resources gave China, India, and the Middle East (and Egypt for a while) the most advantages as civilizations. Europe almost got overrun by outside civilizations on multiple occasions but due to a shitload of factors came into the whole imperialism thing. Now that's starting to wane and in the coming decades or centuries we might see a re-equalization of what the balance of power may have been like pre-imperialism.

I don't know. Maybe there's some primal subconscious fear in Europeans of that happening, of Europe not being able to dodge the next "threat" that turns it economically into just a peninsula of Asia. Maybe that fear is activated whenever they see Asians and Middle Easterners growing on their continent. I really couldn't tell you.

Dai101

Banned
Yesterday was a GREAT day for me. Got to go to a carne asada with all (most at least) of my friends which some of them haven't seen in years even a decade at most. It was awesome just like in the old days. Having a beer with them and talking about what was about them lives and their families while playing the videogames of old just like when we were teenagers brought so much joy we all needed.

I feel so revitalized.

Also:

See. I'd hope Sony would wise up, and fund a revival of that shit..no brainer..

Why? In the end no one wants to actually play it, just like with Vampire/Darkstalkers the only attractive those games has are for the waifu anime crowd (i feel so dirty writing this shit) to masturbate. Just like the Darkstalker Resurrection release that everyone was asking for and in the end no one keep playing after a fucking week.

/rant

Cindi

394Qm3p.gif

See you around girl.

I'm wary of making a topic on this. (might not even need one) but I found it enlightening.
Nixon official: The War on Drugs was to criminalize black people and hippies

"You want to know what this was really all about?" he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. "The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

D i Z

Yesterday was a GREAT day for me. Got to go to a carne asada with all (most at least) of my friends which some of them haven't seen in years even a decade at most. It was awesome just like in the old days. Having a beer with them and talking about what was about them lives and their families while playing the videogames of old just like when we were teenagers brought so much joy we all needed.

I feel so revitalized.

That sounds great. I've found myself in a similar situation where I haven't seen most of my friends in person for years now. Some of us talk very often but rarely do any of us meet because we're all scattered across the globe and time zones now.
I sometimes wonder what a reunion would be like.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I feel like I should probably watch the Harry Potter movies at some point, because people reference that shit all the time and I've never seen/read any of it.

Infinite

I'm gonna laugh if Nintendo gets it wrong again with its next console
NX needs these things in my opinion to be successful

They need a compelling product. The wiiu wasn't a compelling product. The tablet shit was late to the party when people got their kids playing a bunch of shitty games on a android tablet. the Wii and its motion controls were compelling to consumers and that was pivotal in its success.

No gaming droughts. Seriously every Nintendo console has fucking absurd droughts of interesting games. For the 3DS this happened when the console launched and combine with the price that put them in a hole early. Nintendo need to nail the launch window and keep the games flowing.

It needs to be 300 bucks or les. Nothing else to say there. That price puts it in line with competitors and as long as it's a decent product with appealing games people will go get it.

And then all the obvious shit like 3rd party support, user accounts, online etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom