• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Nah man

The effect would be a lot higher if it was domestic but remember how Paris was. Remember that thread about why Paris got so much attention while multiple, sometimes worse attacks in browner places got ignored, and how people freely admitted that they care more about people who look like them.

For the Trumpling or the person dull enough to be considering him as an option, this is the kind of fear push that works.

They had debates right after the paris attacks , like 2-3 days afterward. And it got a handful of questions in both debates

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am going to be real, and it might sound mean. But it will be forgotten in a week, if it had happen in the USA yeah, but Americans lose interest quick outside their borders.

I was thinking the same. If it happens in Europe, it might as well have happened on Mars after a week. I don't think any rhetoric that Trump says about this is going to convince people to jump to his side, but it definitely won't turn any of his current supporters off.

Malyse

I am going to be real, and it might sound mean. But it will be forgotten in a week, if it had happen in the USA yeah, but Americans lose interest quick outside their borders.

^This. I'd be more worried about the Republicans producing a tape with Hilary or Bill saying black and latino slurs.
Empirically wrong.
Nah man

The effect would be a lot higher if it was domestic but remember how Paris was. Remember that thread about why Paris got so much attention while multiple, sometimes worse attacks in browner places got ignored, and how people freely admitted that they care more about people who look like them.

For the Trumpling or the person dull enough to be considering him as an option, this is the kind of fear push that works.

Trump didn't have a real campaign until Paris happened. That's what started boosting his numbers and this is only going to help.

----

http://wtkr.com/2016/03/22/isle-of-wight-blackface-video/

T_________________________________________________________________T

After seeing bloated Will I Am and swole Ripclawe going to bat for Trump, I'm not relaxing until November has come and gone. There are a lot of people out there stupid enough to back Trump but crafty enough to be quiet about it.

GAF ads..😕

RedSwirl

Since the cycle has jumped over to Nintendo talk...

Step 1 for Nintendo needs to be to actually make a fucking platform third party publishers want to support. It needs to listen to third parties when it's planning and designing the platform. That needs to have already happened with NX. Not just the EAs and Ubisofts, but all the smaller developers too. I still think Nintendo has a unique opportunities with the small devs distressed with discoverability on mobile and Steam. A lot of them still really want to get on consoles. NX's proposed shared software platform is another plus for them.

But really, this is important because for the entire time it's been in video games Nintendo hasn't really played ball with third parties, designing hardware more for itself than anyone else. Nintendo needs a platform people want to come to, and for a long time one of its main ways of doing that has been with new input methods, expecting developers to be "inspired" to come to their platform. That hasn't every worked by itself, but I have a feeling the NX might be another gamble on another new input method.

Nintendo at this point needs to be the one to build the bridges with third parties to get an actual software library on its platform.

Malyse

Since the cycle has jumped over to Nintendo talk...

Step 1 for Nintendo needs to be to actually make a fucking platform third party publishers want to support. It needs to listen to third parties when it's planning and designing the platform. That needs to have already happened with NX. Not just the EAs and Ubisofts, but all the smaller developers too. I still think Nintendo has a unique opportunities with the small devs distressed with discoverability on mobile and Steam. A lot of them still really want to get on consoles. NX's proposed shared software platform is another plus for them.

But really, this is important because for the entire time it's been in video games Nintendo hasn't really played ball with third parties, designing hardware more for itself than anyone else. Nintendo needs a platform people want to come to, and for a long time one of its main ways of doing that has been with new input methods, expecting developers to be "inspired" to come to their platform. That hasn't every worked by itself, but I have a feeling the NX might be another gamble on another new input method.

Nintendo at this point needs to be the one to build the bridges with third parties to get an actual software library on its platform.

You a page behind. We're in the real talk part of the cycle now. 😂

EloquentM

aka Mannny
May not have a job after today fam. Changes are afoot. Pray to whatever you believe in for me please. Yes Gordon, even your spaghetti monster.

Kreed

May not have a job after today fam. Changes are afoot. Pray to whatever you believe in for me please. Yes Gordon, even your spaghetti monster.

Keep your head up Em. And don't sleep on the Spaghetti Monster. You might not get 72 virgins, but he can turn water into pizza and bread sticks.

Johndoey

Banned
The Brussels attack won't be forgotten because it's a part of a larger narrative. On it's sure but now...

Edit: I saw a little mallard hanging outside a gym quacking at everyone. Totally adorable

I really hope you do. I know you were like me without one for like 7 or 8 months and to go back being unemployed again... I know that shit will make you scream.

andthebeatgoeson

What Nintendo needs to not do is release a new console, three years into the PS4 lifespan, that is comparable in power to a PS4.
And we know it's going to be underpowered. Compared to the Xbox one. Sorry. We know it's true.

And I say that knowing I'm in at Zelda, Mario, etc. But it's time for more disappoint.

andthebeatgoeson

This doesn't seem based on anything. Nintendo has never released a weaker console than the current ones, ignoring the Wii which was stronger than the GC/PS2/XB but released after the 360 (but the same gen as it)
Except the Wii and Wii u and both DS. Or, the last one, at least.

I only have just my gut. And submission to the horror.

And I'll still be there day one.

I can't say i didn't see that coming.

Yoooo...damn. I should have listened to my senses on that second trailer. This should have been simple as fuck Snyder and DC. Glad I didn't pre-purchace any tickets. Just gonna wait for it on video. Hope Suicide Squad is worthwhile and I still enjoy MoS

Why do DC animated movies blow out both Marvel and DC live action movies though

For some reason, the animation side gets the draw of the characters and stories more than the live action writers/directors.

Imm0rt4l

I had really low expectations given what we've seen and rumblings behind the scenes at warner bros. The early impressions though got me hyped, people have seemingly nothing but positive things to say. Bet those same positive early receptions people are shitting on the movie a year from now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom