• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
I saw Affleck on Good Morning America earlier today and that dude had to be drunk, eyes weren't focusing properly and a bit of slurring on his speech.

Just heard there was a terrorist attack in Nigeria today. Fuck :(

I know we have someone(s) from Nigeria (or with family over there) that posts in here frequently right? Hopefully everything is ok on their end.

You mean the bombing last week right? Yeah, the world coverage for that has been very, very shitty.

But I've noticed bunch of people posting about the Dalori terrorist attack recently, even thought it happened a few months ago.

Surprised that Slayven didn't beat me to this. When someone loves DBZ /and/ Beyonce:

CeVkxskVAAAbcaB.jpg

WAY TOO MUCH:

CeVcdozWQAAuRwZ.jpg

Just catching up on the first season of Daredevil and man that costume looks wack as hell.I don't really care for the guy who plays the Kingpin he just seems off to me. But a good season bout to start the second season. R.I.P. Ben.

zeemumu

I started watching Underground

Just catching up on the first season of Daredevil and man that costume looks wack as hell.I don't really care for the guy who plays the Kingpin he just seems off to me. But a good season bout to start the second season. R.I.P. Ben.

Perhaps you'd like Kingpin more if he asked for sugar...in water...

I like the way he plays it. He clearly knows what he's doing but at the same time you feel like he could snap at any moment and crush your face. It makes him feel unpredictable.

As for the costume...what, you don't like the Dread Pirate Roberts?

LOL, speaking of Rod. Dude is legit sad over BvS and he loved MoS

Yeah, that's too bad. I appreciate his take on movies. Not an ounce of pretension.

I know Kris from the Insanity Check gave BvS a 4/5, I can kinda trust him and his reviews. I'm just excited to see it tomorrow

Kriss has a real hate on for critics who are just hating BvS because of all the negative hype up to this point, or because they just don't like comic book movies, or because they hate "grim and gritty" comic book styles, or because they have comic book movie fatigue and really should not have reviewed the movie...

Kriss has a real hate on for critics who are just hating BvS because of all the negative hype up to this point, or because they just don't like comic book movies, or because they hate "grim and gritty" comic book styles, or because they have comic book movie fatigue and really should not have reviewed the movie...
Which GAFfer is he? Some folks on here seem stark raving mad at the reviewers or anyone that says peep about this movie..it's a A little scary lol..

Merc_

Thought BvS was coming next year
Not hearing many good things about it

The critics went in on it.

The reviews from Gaffers are pretty split so far. It's MoS all over again. Man, I hope DC can at some point make a movie that actually gets universal acclaim for a change.

Which GAFfer is he?

I don't think he's on GAF. I'm referring to Darth Kriss, this guy who is on Twitter (@insanityreport) and also has a podcast network called MTR. He does one podcast called Insanity Check (general news and stuff), Movie Trailer Reviews (movies, duh), Character Corner (an overview of comic book characters, one or two for each episode), a Super Tuesday breakdown of The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, and Supergirl (the last done by friends of his). He was doing a review of Gotham until he realized how much he hated the show, and now just reviews shows that he likes.

And I've probably forgotten something.

Numb

The critics went in on it.

The reviews from Gaffers is pretty split so far. It's MoS all over again. Man, I hope DC can at some point make a movie that actually gets universal acclaim for a change.
Didnt mind MoS. Ok with it if its like it. Can turn off my brain and watch the fights and destruction.

Just saw BvS. It was decent, not mind blowing. I enjoyed it a lot more than the second Thor movie.
The actual Batman vs Superman fight was kind of a let down, Batman vs miscellaneous goons made up for it though

TheFlow

Banned

costume gets better, and isn't distracting in the next season.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'll watch it BvS just to have seen it. Can also use a distraction
I think I'll skip it.

It's not a requirement to watch the movie just because Batman and Superman are in it.

I accidentally heard/read a spoiler about that movie that makes me not want to watch it anyway.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah, that's too bad. I appreciate his take on movies. Not an ounce of pretension.

I did notice that, but he ain't ever led me astray. Yet.

Kriss is someone where I know what I'm getting. He was fair with his crticism of BvS, although it seemed it should've been a 3.5/5 or something instead of a 4/5.

ApharmdX

Banned
Just saw BvS. It was decent, not mind blowing. I enjoyed it a lot more than the second Thor movie.
The actual Batman vs Superman fight was kind of a let down, Batman vs miscellaneous goons made up for it though

I saw it tonight too, and I left mad. It wasn't a good movie. There were good parts, WW's entrance, and Bruce Wayne's introduction, but taken as a whole, I wasn't happy with it.
Way too much Lois Lane, when that romance was one of the biggest flaws in Man of Steel. Way too little Wonder Woman.

Malyse

It's becoming increasingly clear that mental health care needs to be a public commodity that everyone has access too, because fucking jell people no regard for the welfare of others. Apathy at best, but more commonly outright malice. Plus depression is a bitch and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom