• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

Kriss has a real hate on for critics who are just hating BvS because of all the negative hype up to this point, or because they just don't like comic book movies, or because they hate "grim and gritty" comic book styles, or because they have comic book movie fatigue and really should not have reviewed the movie...

i dunno...if I can't just go see a movie. If I have to do some situps and meditate and run some laps and light some incense just so I don't go into the theatres with a bad taste in my mouth in order to enjoy this film....SOMEbody fucked up.

Yup. It was clear from the polls that this will happen. People weren't supporting this man out of irony.

Hopefully those people start thinking critically about their country where someone can build a ticket winning platform on openly bigoted, hateful, substance-less rhetoric, let alone even come close. They seemed naively confident in the version of the US they had in their heads.

Imm0rt4l

So definitely Trump v. Clinton for the White House since Cruz is about to be crucified with the affair news picking up momentum.
I dunno man. The RNC could still push the nuclear button with a brokered convention. Republicans are their own worst enemy, I wouldn't put it past them to say the hell with who the people chose.

Johndoey

Banned
I see a brokered convention in our future. I can't see a path for Trump in a general election unless a bunch of shit goes topsy all at once. Maybe a massive attack on the U.S might give him a fighting chance against Hilary "Super-Pro" Clinton.

ahg9AKJ.jpg

LOL at that NX thread. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Also BatmanvSuperman was bad fam. Like horribad.

Even though I liked MoS, I'm staying away. Even for the people giving it a "Meh", I expected a lot out of a BatvSoup movie. You shouldn't be able to fuck that up unless you really try and it looks like they tried.

Hopefully those people start thinking critically about their country where someone can build a ticket winning platform on openly bigoted, hateful, substance-less rhetoric, let alone even come close. They seemed naively confident in the version of the US they had in their heads.

I don't have that much faith in people for them to see how their wrong. lol

It is clear as day what some of these candidates are doing and they still rather vote for them because Hillary is the devil.

I dunno man. The RNC could still push the nuclear button with a brokered convention. Republicans are their own worst enemy, I wouldn't put it past them to say the hell with who the people chose.

I forgot all about that.

RedSwirl

We already shared that "Let's Stop Pretending Trump Is Hijacking The Republican Establishment" article right?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Even though I liked MoS, I'm staying away. Even for the people giving it a "Meh", I expected a lot out of a BatvSoup movie. You shouldn't be able to fuck that up unless you really try and it looks like they tried.

Yeah, there are too many people saying they loved Man of Steel but the new movie is garbage.

Dereck

BvS is an OK movie, it's really bloated and there are a bunch of story arcs that don't tie in well together and there is a little too much focus on setting up future movies. Henry Canvill had some awkwardly delivered bits of dialogue, Ben Affleck as well.

BvS is an OK movie, it's really bloated and there are a bunch of story arcs that don't tie in well together and there is a little too much focus on setting up future movies. Henry Canvill had some awkwardly delivered bits of dialogue, Ben Affleck as well.

My biggest question actually is that after seeing it, are you anymore hyped for the future of WB's DCU or are you deflated?

Dereck

My biggest question actually is that after seeing it, are you anymore hyped for the future of WB's DCU or are you deflated?
Deflated, not extremely deflated or anything, I just have generally low expectations for the future of the DCU if Zack Snyder is gonna be behind them.

Slayven

What, you guys don't all have sparring matches over your favorite superhero movies?

We've got the spoiler thread, the OT, the Rotten Tomatoes thread, several threads calling for the head of Zack Snyder and his next of kin, and I think a Wonder Woman thread popped up somewhere.

The way your post was worded, sounded like you knew a meteor was going to hit the earth or the zombie apocalypse was going to pop off soon.

How long before the "BvsS was better or worse then I expected" threads?

Main thread has the defenders cursing Marvel, and their shill review squads. Spoiler thread has said defenders chewing out people who disagree with much of the direction Snyder took, while patting the backs of those who "get" the movie. Rotten Tomatoes thread has many jokes, and those who are upset about jokes.

Pepper in the "you idiots have such a large thread when you haven't seen it" posted right after the three users before them that SAW it and said they loved/hated it..it's pretty fun stuff. I'm getting tempted to go already..

Slayven

Main thread has the defenders cursing Marvel, and their shill review squads. Spoiler thread has said defenders chewing out people who disagree with much of the direction Snyder took, while patting the backs of those who "get" the movie. Rotten Tomatoes thread has many jokes, and those who are upset about jokes.

Pepper in the "you idiots have such a large thread when you haven't seen it" posted right after the three users before them that SAW it and said they loved/hated it..it's pretty fun stuff. I'm getting tempted to go already..

ReiGun

The way your post was worded, sounded like you knew a meteor was going to hit the earth or the zombie apocalypse was going to pop off soon.

Lol nah. I just meant the new DC movies are coming a lot sooner, so people will have something else to talk about.

Yes? A little? But, mainly from one side. Not to say there aren't some folks trolling. But for the most part, it seems like an even split when it comes to liking/disliking..and quite a few who say it's just "ok" or "good" but it's a mess.

If you saw the Double Toasted review, I'd say that's how most people have taken it. Even that Angry Joe guy was surprising with his spoiler review..

The general, non-overblown consensus for BvS is that it's cluttered.
Yup. That's what I've taken from it. If you sift through the shit, you'll find that at best, it's average, and all over the place. One would hope the directors cut fixes whatever problems it has now. Many think that the awkward cuts will be filled in with the 3hr R rated version. We'll have to wait and see..

jmood88

This post is great:

This Batman and Superman is actually more faithful to their source mateirls then the comics are nowadays, Batman use to carry a Gun for crying out loud, People are just so use to Superman and Batman 3.0 or 4.0 that they forget about 1.0 who was created during a time that was Fucked Up by today's standard. Rich People were jumping out building and the poor were starving in the streets.

From that time period two icons were born. One and all powerful man who fought for the little guy and a rich guy who took on the criminal element by any means necessary if that bad guy happened to die he got what he his just desserts. That why I love Anime so much those heroes do what's necessary. This has been the first time I've liked Batman as a character in ages cause I roll my eyes
at his preachy no kill bullshit.

When did we become pussies?
Once the thugs Bruce was chasing opened up on him with ordnance no beat cops could deal with FUCK EM. Those dudes were trained killers anyway.
No big lose to society.

I don't think anything is really spoiled but I added some bars just in case.

Slayven

Yes? A little? But, mainly from one side. Not to say there aren't some folks trolling. But for the most part, it seems like an even split when it comes to liking/disliking..and quite a few who say it's just "ok" or "good" but it's a mess.

If you saw the Double Toasted review, I'd say that's how most people have taken it. Even that Angry Joe guy was surprising with his spoiler review..
Yeah all the reviewers I trust seem just disappointed in the thing, and they only really hate Micheal Cera

This post is great:

I don't think anything is really spoiled but I added some bars just in case.
People who don't read the characters think they know all about them

ReiGun

The general, non-overblown consensus for BvS is that it's cluttered.

This seems to be the case. It's problems are mainly in the editing and pacing department. Everything else seems to depend on the taste of who you're talking to.* And of course, everything is being expressed with as much hyperbole as possible because for some reason, everyone is super in their feelings over these DC films. So the conversation is kind of a shit show right now.

*Save Bats and Wondy. They're the only parts receiving near-universal praise.

LionPride

Banned
This seems to be the case. It's problems are mainly in the editing and pacing department. Everything else seems to depend on the taste of who you're talking to.* And of course, everything is being expressed with as much hyperbole as possible because for some reason, everyone is super in their feelings over these DC films. So the conversation is kind of a shit show right now.

I expected pacing issues from a movie that had 30 minutes cut from it, the conversation will forever be shit since people really do not like DC movies and stay in their feelings

Yeah all the reviewers I trust seem just disappointed in the thing, and they only really hate Micheal Cera
Yup. Mainly Eisenberg and Superman are the weak bits, from what I've heard. Really hope the Superman part is off..

What the hell is this about? I'm seeing folks with fangs and claws out lol..it's a damn movie, not your mom/dad!
I expected pacing issues from a movie that had 30 minutes cut from it, the conversation will forever be shit since people really do not like DC movies and stay in their feelings
What? Those Nolan Batman movies are loved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom