• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

xHqsn3M.gif

Johndoey

Banned
I forgot about it until you brought it up, but I thought the soundtrack was inappropriate at some moments. Wonder Woman's in particular felt pretty weird in the movie.

Yeah her theme (?) was like a weird 70's guitar riff thing.

Edit: I straight up fell asleep in this movie, like I was gearing up for it to be kinda bad, but it was damn boring. Cavil and Adams have zero chemistry and she these two pointless scenes in the finale.

And damn the wrap up for the BvS fight was hilariously fast and contrived.
Instant friends after near murder

Edit: I straight up fell asleep in this movie, like I was gearing up for it to be kinda bad, but it was damn boring. Cavil and Adams have zero chemistry and she these two pointless scenes in the finale.

They were both so bored it looked like. Cavill's Superman doesn't have any real presence and Adams just exist.

Months of planning down the drain because the guy you want to kill's mom shares your mom's name. It wasn't a good way to transition into the Lex reveal at all.

Gattsu25

Banned
Decided to buy some plane tickets to visit my family in FL over the weekend. Going to the nearby airport instead of the one I normally go to because, for whatever reason, the local airport tickets are only a few bucks more than the standard (and they're typically over double the price).

I'm not going to tell my family that I'm on the way though. Just going to hop on an uber to get me to/from the airport.

For context, I pay for the fucking mortgage in that place. I think I'm okay but I'm a bit of an asshole so 😒

Fucked up? Just showing up on the doorstep like that without any notice?

So my brother talked to my dad about that whole argument I had with him and my dad said that he has forgiven me but doesn't care to talk to me because "the relationship has changed."
084.png

But I'm over it honestly I'm not gonna beg him to talk to me my life will still go on so it is what it is

I had my first argument with my dad last night over some dumb shit (I"m 26 and I handle my shit finances, job, family,etc). Anyways we playing a game it was him, his friend, and me and I called his friend by his first name and then my dad comes back across and emphasizes "Mr. First name". So I'm like its whatever and go about what I'm doing. Later my dad tells me to call him and then he says "Don't ever embarrass me like that in front of my friend again." Then the shit went from 0 to 100 and we start arguing and shit and then I say "I take care of my fucking kids, take care of my fucking responsibilities, and I"m fucking independent and I deserve to be talked to as a man and not a child." Then my dad starts going off saying I'm dead to him and that I'm a sorry mothafucka and that he never wants to see me etc.

Now I know I fucked up with the cursing shit and I definitely crossed the line. And I know the shit was stupid and I should of just shut up and color but man its frustrating to me that they make comments like that and then get confused on why I'm upset. Cause that shit to me seem like some condescending shit and like they still look down on me. Right now idk what to do right now.

Gattsu25

Banned
i keep hearing about publix sandwiches. are they really that good?

Publix ain't shit.

My brother worked for them for almost 10 years and they strung him along when he found out he had stage 4 cancer and he was trying to sign up for short term disability insurance.

They told his local store that he could only deal with the head office and then the head office would put him on hold for 5+ hours at a time and then hang up on him whenever he called.

Whenever he showed up they would never call on him in the lobby. He would be the first person there and they wouldn't call on him until it was quitting time.

On the fucking deadline for short term disability, he finally managed to talk to them by getting my mom to schedule an appointment with the HR (which she was only able to schedule because she gave her fucking maiden name), she waited in the lobby and he was waiting in the car, when she got called she texted him and he walked into the meeting instead.

That's the only reason he was able to get the insurance coverage that allowed him to continue to get paid while he was getting treatment.

LIke I said. Publix ain't shit.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
All this stuff about Cavill's Superman being an asshole reminded me of Superman Is A Dick

So the whole thing with those comics was that they tried to get you to buy them by making you think Superman was an asshole, by showing things out of context, but then having it make sense in the actual comic.

He's not supposed to actually just be a dick.

Guess somebody missed the memo.

Shy

So my brother talked to my dad about that whole argument I had with him and my dad said that he has forgiven me but doesn't care to talk to me because "the relationship has changed."
084.png

But I'm over it honestly I'm not gonna beg him to talk to me my life will still go on so it is what it is
I'm so sorry to hear that, hopefully he'll come around and apologises for overreacting.

084.png

He'll come around..

---

Gattsu25..sucks.

andthebeatgoeson

Really, faded, if he's willing to sacrifice the relationship over a fight during internet gaming, you just have to pray or something. Dad's are tricky because we see so much within them. Just know that every dad has a flaw and give him space or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rBZIzr49k

Just occurred to me that I don't actually know what Cable and Bishop's power sets are.

Until I found out that Bishop was supposed to be a Native Australian, I thought his mutant power was Jhericurl.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Just occurred to me that I don't actually know what Cable and Bishop's power sets are.

cable is a high psionic whos constantly fighting the legacy virus he has. his AoA counterpart x-man shows how powerful he would be if he didnt have to deal with the legacy virus

bishop absorbs, then redirects energy.

084.png

All that over not calling a man sir? If that was my dad I'd slap some sense into him.

Parallax

Publix ain't shit.

My brother worked for them for almost 10 years and they strung him along when he found out he had stage 4 cancer and he was trying to sign up for short term disability insurance.

They told his local store that he could only deal with the head office and then the head office would put him on hold for 5+ hours at a time and then hang up on him whenever he called.

Whenever he showed up they would never call on him in the lobby. He would be the first person there and they wouldn't call on him until it was quitting time.

On the fucking deadline for short term disability, he finally managed to talk to them by getting my mom to schedule an appointment with the HR (which she was only able to schedule because she gave her fucking maiden name), she waited in the lobby and he was waiting in the car, when she got called she texted him and he walked into the meeting instead.

That's the only reason he was able to get the insurance coverage that allowed him to continue to get paid while he was getting treatment.

LIke I said. Publix ain't shit.

jesus. thats all fucked up

Parallax

Easy thing to do. But wasn't Cable originally just going to be a generic cyborg shoot shoot bang bang character?

yeah. im curious. is there a reason cable never went to elixir to fight the t-o virus? or did that happen?

zeemumu

cable is a high psionic whos constantly fighting the legacy virus he has. his AoA counterpart x-man shows how powerful he would be if he didnt have to deal with the legacy virus

bishop absorbs, then redirects energy.

Explains DoFP. That movie still has some of the most brutal hero deaths in any superhero movie. Snapped Colossus in half like he was an action figure and snapped Bobby's head off like a cheap ice sculpture.

The part that most got my attention was "allegedly black". How so?

He's black... But his black-type got downgraded the minute he shared that pic, and that ain't the first time he did some shit like that too.

Black
"Allegedly" black
New Black
Uncle Tom
Coon

Stacy Dash

In descending order of black-types

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
finished Daredevil

Loved it. Punisher was definitely the breakout star of this season. Elektra was good too. I didn't feel like they mishandled any of the characters this year.

still not sure where they're going with
The Hand

and what was that
big hole
for, anyway?

Now to go to the official threads and see how much GAF hated the show

I also didn't realize they had put out a Luke Cage teaser until Netflix showed it to me when Daredevil was over. Smart stuff, Netflix.

Dai101

Banned
He's black... But his black-type got downgraded the minute he shared that pic, and that ain't the first time he did some shit like that too.

Black
"Allegedly" black
New Black
Uncle Tom
Coon

Stacy Dash

In descending order of black-types

Oh, i see. Wonder where don lemon fits.

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom