• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sub, Jandro, Harson, or JC explain Pumpkin Spice Lattes too me?

The subliminals
mjlol.png

Dereck

I forgot how good gape soda is.

On another note, constantly disappointed and annoyed by non-people of color only looking at Kaepernick's actions and ignoring the reason behind his actions.

Yeah, I witnessed it in real time and I came out a bit miffed.

Lucini

Banned
Chris Brown thread has me kinda tight because it's not enough that we've got to account for the man's past, which is pretty shitty, but also that side conversation about misogyny which is currently not acknowledging that US history in that arena isn't exactly clean.

Pop culture, for something like the last 70 plus years that we have had mass media, has had awful depictions of and treatment towards women. This has filtered from radio, newspapers, plays, songs, etc into nearly every form of media. Rap is no different. I dislike the idea of somehow attributing rap to a desensitizing of the black community without first acknowledging that the same elements exist in nearly all forms of music, within all communities, and singling ours out doesn't change anything.

Any of you guys can share some good routines for wet shaving? I'm looking into the bevel kit but I'm hearing that it is just overpriced. Though I'm willing to support the company and the guy behind it if the products are quality.

Kreed

Any of you guys can share some good routines for wet shaving? I'm looking into the bevel kit but I'm hearing that it is just overpriced. Though I'm willing to support the company and the guy behind it if the products are quality.

There's plenty of them on Amazon under 30 dollars. I've been using a Merkur Double Edge Razor for about 4 years and have never had a problem (currently going through a pack of Feather blades I bought on Amazon about a year ago for about 40 dollars). When I first started I would shave with a badger hair brush and shaving soap, but now I shave in the shower with a mirror on the wall and African Black Soap as the lather. Haven't seen a razor bump in years.

From all the podcasts and radio stations I listen to I know there's plenty of black run/owned companies getting into the safety razor game now among others (Bevel included), but if they are charging you more than 40 dollars for a blade and two bottles of their "special shaving formulas", I'd avoid it.

There's plenty of them on Amazon under 30 dollars. I've been using a Merkur Double Edge Razor for about 4 years and have never had a problem (currently going through a pack of Feather blades I bought on Amazon about a year ago for about 40 dollars). When I first started I would shave with a badger hair brush and shaving soap, but now I shave in the shower with a mirror on the wall and African Black Soap as the lather. Haven't seen a razor bump in years.

From all the podcasts and radio stations I listen to I know there's plenty of black run/owned companies getting into the safety razor game now among others (Bevel included), but if they are charging you more than 40 dollars for a blade and two bottles of their "special shaving formulas", I'd avoid it.

Good info thanks. I've been reading up on shaving with black soap; when I was back in gradeschool my grandmother made me start bathing with only that but I remember it drying out my skin some days.

I think I can get the total bevel kit for about 60. More costly than other kits it seems.

Also how often do you shave?

They were building up to an issue that would've been Spider-Man 2 levels of amazing. Like OH FUCK HOW WILL HE DEAL WITH THIS?

Oh he won't and nothing will happen. Okay.

For real. Don't get me wrong, I love the Netflix series and all. I put that season a notch above Jessica Jones but I was totally interested in him dealing with that trauma. Ah well.

When I first started I would shave with a badger hair brush and shaving soap, but now I shave in the shower with a mirror on the wall and African Black Soap as the lather. Haven't seen a razor bump in years.

The Badger Brushes I've bought never really helped me as I thought they were too soft, so I've taken to using a hair brush for my beard. I never thought of using the Black Soap as lather though, I'll have to try that this weekend.

Honestly, season two is a great Punisher/Elektra origin but a TERRIBLE Daredevil story. I actively HATE Matt in that season because he's constantly acting like a little beetch to people like Foggy and Claire who risk their lives for him. Claire was talking sense to him when they talked on the hospital roof and Matt is just like "NYEH WHATEVER NYEH I DON'T YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MEEEEEE". Matt Murdock is a fucking CHILD. He would have been a better character that season if they focused on this trauma.

I'm slowly starting to love BvS. It's like weirdly beautiful man.

That's called Stockholm Syndrome.

For real. Don't get me wrong, I love the Netflix series and all. I put that season a notch above Jessica Jones but I was totally interested in him dealing with that trauma. Ah well.

The Punisher half of the season is great, but has very little to do with Daredevil. The Elektra half isn't good at all. DD S1 > JJ S1 > DD S2

Kreed

Good info thanks. I've been reading up on shaving with black soap; when I was back in gradeschool my grandmother made me start bathing with only that but I remember it drying out my skin some days.

I think I can get the total bevel kit for about 60. More costly than other kits it seems.

Also how often do you shave?

I shave every morning (neck and face, shaving with the grain). If you don't want to use black soap, any shaving cream/lather should work also. The main thing is shaving in the shower, with the hot water and steam making it easier to shave and creating less resistance. Before when I was using the badger hair brush and shaving soap, I was shaving right after being in the shower with steam still in the bathroom which was also lowering the resistance but not as much as shaving directly in it.

If the kit has a razor and a brush, I'd say go for it. Avoid subscriptions and if it comes with liquids/formulas I'd "test" to see how useful they really are for your shave or if the aftershave/shaving products you can buy from the black section of your local Walgreens/CVS works just as well.

Dereck

Good morning, everyone..

tumblr_lw4qkcK04n1qcyj2r.gif

Later, brother..

That's what Harson drinks?

It comes in root beer or cream, wait, that's not root beer.

A true homey would let that one slide.

Hey..folks let it sit for hours. Someone had to mention it lol..
Gape soda looooool
Shhhhhhhheeeeeeeeiiiiiiittttt

I'm not even gonna edit that, man of integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom