• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Movies that will either never come out, be terrible, or be so so terrible they kill any hope of that property being worthwhile for a period of time

Also, the fuck is a Juneteenth

You say that but Suicide Was some of the hottest shit this year, and Flash is being done by the director of dope.

I officially cannot relate

ab6cb2f1-71af-4929-b51e-59c843b3818b
Desus and Mero!

Cv3QavLWYAA78YT

Doctor Strange; 7 days
Logan; 126 days
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 189 days

Wonder Woman; 217 days
Spider-Man: Homecoming; 252 days
Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 343 days
Thor: Ragnarok; 371 days
Justice League; 385 days
Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 441 days
Black Panther; 476 days
The Flash; 504 days
Avengers: Infinity War; 553 days
Ant-Man and the Wasp; 616 days
Aquaman; 637 days
Untitled DC movie; 707 days
Captain Marvel; 861 days
Shazam; 889 days
Untitled Avengers movie; 917 days
Justice League 2; 959 days
Untitled DC movie; 1099 days
Cyborg; 1253 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1281 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1351 days
Green Lantern Corps; 1365 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1470 days
Deadpool 2; TBD
Gambit; TBD
New Mutants; TBD
Suicide Squad 2; TBD
The Batman; TBD
Untitled Harley Quinn movie; TBD
Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team-up; TBD

Well, that's about all I care about.

I'm participating in an online discussion for my communications class and code switching comes up. So I'm reading the discussions and this lady was talking about code switching and how the book said that black people use "proper" English when speaking in a more professional setting and when in a more casual we use "Black" English. So I look in the book to see if they actually said that bullshit and the book uses "standard" English but still describes the way we speak as "Black" English. While I am side-eyeing the whole "Black" English mess I"m bout to go set this woman straight with this whole "proper" talk.

Zekes!

Giant Beastcast has a pretty in depth discussion about the Beshesda middle finger to gaming press and consumers. Do yourselves a favor and quit pre-ordering games. If you can't do that, quit pre-ordering games from publishers that won't allow day one reviews from outlets, but give copies of games to youtubers months in advance.

Yeah I rarely ever pre-order games. I pre-ordered Deus Ex and Watch Dogs 2 tho because Amazon had a pre-order sale so I was able to get them for $49 instead of $79

D i Z

Yeah I rarely ever pre-order games. I pre-ordered Deus Ex and Watch Dogs 2 tho because Amazon had a pre-order sale so I was able to get them for $49 instead of $79

I'm not sure of the restrictions and what not, but Amazons Prime pre-order deals don't go away after the game is released within the first week or more.

HarSon walks in drinking a soda no one has ever seen before.

The tourney players ask him, "What's that you're drinking?"

HarSon replies, "Canned ass."

Zekes!

I'm not sure of the restrictions and what not, but Amazons Prime pre-order deals don't go away after the game is released within the first week or more.

Really? I don't have Prime though. I had just found out that Amazon.ca does a E3 pre-order sale this year, so I took advantage 'cause game prices suck right now in Canada. I agree though, pre-ordering is generally bad. I used to pre-order smaller Atlus/XSEED games back in the day because of limited stock, but digital releases have pretty much nullified that problem.

Sch1sm

Really? I don't have Prime though. I had just found out that Amazon.ca does a E3 pre-order sale this year, so I took advantage 'cause game prices suck right now in Canada. I agree though, pre-ordering is generally bad. I used to pre-order smaller Atlus/XSEED games back in the day because of limited stock, but digital releases have pretty much nullified that problem.

They had a better deal at Black Friday last year. Preorder 2 or more for 30% off > Preorder 2 or more for 20% off. So bad. I just preorder loads and cancel them throughout the year until I'm whittled down to must haves for myself.

Zekes!

They had a better deal at Black Friday last year. Preorder 2 or more for 30% off > Preorder 2 or more for 20% off. So bad. I just preorder loads and cancel them throughout the year until I'm whittled down to must haves for myself.

Yeah this might be the first year I take advantage of (crappy Canadian) Black Friday sales

Trey

What did new york nikkas do to be memed with such viciousness

just take a few regional quirks and post them on any and everything. New York nigga memes are prolly the laziest in recent memory, but there are a few good ones. Also with how ubiquitous and obnoxious some new yorkers can be, it's an easy target.

Early voting today in Georgia. Me and my Grandma thought we'd be slick and go early. There was a line of folks wrapped around the damn park.

So we're basically going around seeing the line situation at all the early voting spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom