• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Giant Beastcast has a pretty in depth discussion about the Beshesda middle finger to gaming press and consumers. Do yourselves a favor and quit pre-ordering games. If you can't do that, quit pre-ordering games from publishers that won't allow day one reviews from outlets, but give copies of games to youtubers months in advance.
I don't like Giant Bomb. But, i loved that episode. Thanks.
You have to know when to fold em b

There's no point in trying around here, just get in a few good jokes when you can and spend the rest of your time in more pleasant threads. You can have the most reasonable, amiable, and fully researched post on anything and people will leapfrog over it to avoid having to learn something or have their ignorance challenged.

Not worth it
What's happened. ?
Mornin' all of you backyard pugilists.
You corner store brawlers.
You strip mall rumblers, you.
BCT's finest Street Fighters.
Morning morning.

D i Z

Fam. Stop what you're doing.

https://twitter.com/dogrunes/status/792148536368304128/video/1

I can't believe it. The people in the audience can't believe it.

tumblr_inline_o3bk3oFGPW1t0n67w_500.gif

D i Z

I don't like Giant Bomb. But, i loved that episode. Thanks.

The Beastcast is usually more.... thoughtful... and playful about all kinds of dynamics than the West coast edition. And they have guests that more than likely won't pop up on the the other cast, them being NY based. They're the fun broader appeal ones, if there was a distinction to be made between the two shows.

The community (general statement is general) still ain't shit tho.

Loudninja

Clickhole!

Diversity Win! Marvel Created A White Male Superhero Who Thinks It’s Too Bad He Got Powers Instead Of A Latina Woman
It’s time to get excited, because Marvel Comics just announced a new superhero that advances diversity in comics in a major way. The series is called Luminary, and it tells the story of a mild-mannered Caucasian man named Percy Pendleton who gains incredible superhuman powers and constantly expresses his regret that he was blessed with those abilities instead of a Latina woman, who could be a role model for young Hispanic girls in addition to merely fighting crime.

Yes! Marvel deserves major kudos for this massive step toward inclusive representation in comics!

While working as a nuclear physicist at Stark Industries, Percy is caught in a particle-accelerator explosion. A surge of neutrinos floods his nervous system and transforms him into the incredible Luminary, a hero whose amazing powers of flight, super strength, and energy manipulation make him concerned that as a white man he does nothing to reflect the face of a changing America, which is increasingly Hispanic and female.

Wow. What a long-overdue breath of fresh air to see a big-name publisher like Marvel feature a white male superhero who thinks it’s a shame he isn’t Latina.
http://www.clickhole.com/article/diversity-win-marvel-created-white-male-superhero--5022

andthebeatgoeson

Verizon's go90 app may give you NBA league pass with certain data plans. I say 'may' because i only saw it on an ad on a website and haven't seen confirmation. It's working now but i think it's a free weekend. If so, that's a plus.

Like how i get NFL redzone for $2 per month on Verizon.

Verizon does good. Rarely.

Johndoey

Banned
The Beastcast is usually more.... thoughtful... and playful about all kinds of dynamics than the West coast edition. And they have guests that more than likely won't pop up on the the other cast, them being NY based. They're the fun broader appeal ones, if there was a distinction to be made between the two shows.

The community (general statement is general) still ain't shit tho.
It's really easy to see the difference Austin made on the podcast, he raised the level of conversation. Too bad the Waypoint podcast isn't terribly interesting yet.

D i Z

It's really easy to see the difference Austin made on the podcast, he raised the level of conversation. Too bad the Waypoint podcast isn't terribly interesting yet.

True. Vinnie was perhaps the most thoughtful of the GB crew before heading East. And with Alex, he's comfortable with more open discussions, and simply asking questions if they just don't know like they had done when Austin was around. Pity that Austin only has Patrick so far to bounce around with. No offense to Pat, but he's pretty dry and unadventurous by comparison to GBeast. Danielle hopefully being a third chair should/might change all of that. Waypoints 72 games in 72 hours marathon has been fan-fuckin-tastic so far.

Bubba T

Reading that plagiarism thread has me shaking my head so hard. It's remarkable the lengths people will go to deflect and deny any sort of racial prejudice.

I can't take talking about race on gaf anymore.

Hard to ignore it though. I find it hard to believe some of these motherfuckers are that naive as to say some shit like "I don't get it how is it offensive?" or people that want you to coddle them and explain how, why, when and where is it racist and offending. FOH with that, "no don't do it" is good enough of an explanation to just don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom