• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to post more in BCT, I fell off. How y'all living? Everything good?

Don't ever post on Gaming Side in a social issues thread.... It can get you killed quick.

I had to fallback in the gender thread. Shit was starting to look shady.

Malyse

Cv3QavLWYAA78YT

Doctor Strange; 7 days
Logan; 126 days
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 189 days
Wonder Woman; 217 days
Spider-Man: Homecoming; 252 days
Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 343 days
Thor: Ragnarok; 371 days
Justice League; 385 days
Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 441 days
Black Panther; 476 days
The Flash; 504 days
Avengers: Infinity War; 553 days
Ant-Man and the Wasp; 616 days
Aquaman; 637 days
Untitled DC movie; 707 days
Captain Marvel; 861 days
Shazam; 889 days
Untitled Avengers movie; 917 days
Justice League 2; 959 days
Untitled DC movie; 1099 days
Cyborg; 1253 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1281 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1351 days
Green Lantern Corps; 1365 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1470 days
Deadpool 2; TBD
Gambit; TBD
New Mutants; TBD
Suicide Squad 2; TBD
The Batman; TBD
Untitled Harley Quinn movie; TBD
Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team-up; TBD

LionPride

Banned
Logan; 126 days
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 189 days
Wonder Woman; 217 days
Spider-Man: Homecoming; 252 days
Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 343 days
Thor: Ragnarok; 371 days
Justice League; 385 days
Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 441 days
Black Panther; 476 days
The Flash; 504 days
Avengers: Infinity War; 553 days
Ant-Man and the Wasp; 616 days
Aquaman; 637 days
Untitled DC movie; 707 days
Captain Marvel; 861 days
Shazam; 889 days
Untitled Avengers movie; 917 days
Justice League 2; 959 days
Untitled DC movie; 1099 days
Cyborg; 1253 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1281 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1351 days
Green Lantern Corps; 1365 days
Untitled Marvel movie; 1470 days
Deadpool 2; TBD
Gambit; TBD
New Mutants; TBD
Suicide Squad 2; TBD

The Batman; TBD
Untitled Harley Quinn movie; TBD
Booster Gold/Blue Beetle team-up; TBD

Movies that will either never come out, be terrible, or be so so terrible they kill any hope of that property being worthwhile for a period of time

Also, the fuck is a Juneteenth

D i Z

Mornin' all.

There's quite a bit on that list that I'm not interested in... at the moment.

----
S'up girlfriendofagamer.

D i Z

Mornin ^

________

When will we get another Spawn movie? I'm hurting for it.

Isn't McFarlane out there trying to ride the coattails of other hero happenings trying to get the next one made? I kind of remember him popping up recently making some noise.

Zekes!

Since we hitting November in a minute, have any of you put any thought into your GOTY's, or what you expect to be your GOTY?

I think Overwatch takes the cake for me, I can't imagine anything that's left to come out dethroning it as my favourite game this year

Trey

this year was pretty bad for films.

Since we hitting November in a minute, have any of you put any thought into your GOTY's, or what you expect to be your GOTY?

I think Overwatch takes the cake for me, I can't imagine anything that's left to come out dethroning it as my favourite game this year

XCom 2, SFV, Overwatch.

Waiting on Pokemon.

My gaming life has devolved completely over the past 3 years... Stress, anxiety... Its been so sad, despite having great enjoyment keep up to date and reading about everything on GAF.

But as my avatar shows I will be midnight launch for Sun and Moon, Ive been playing Gen 6 earlier this year dabbling with learning competitive and making good mon builds. Just really been excited for Gen 7 since debut and the ride has been great.

I had a sweeping nostalgia factor with X & Y launching on my birthday and I have a deep history with my childhood and the pokemon franchise, Im basically the kid in the Sun and Moon live action ad.

For that alone , SunMo is my GOTY. I have my groans but It has no ability to disappoint me.

I don't know man, if I looked at my library I got for this year I couldn't even say one. I'm waiting for a couple that have potential to take the spot for the remainder of this year. Dishonored 2, and The Last Guardian to be specific.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Lemme say a few things before I go to work:

1) I can't fuck with Umar Johnson or Tariq Nasheed.

2) Sonic Mania looks dope as hell. Can't wait to try it!

3) This is specifically for any poster or lurker of this thread that is choosing not to vote or worse, voting for Trump. Listen it's your vote, but I have yet to hear someone tell me a good alternative to what they're doing with their vote that wasn't wack. It either a protest vote for Trump which is pretty much what he represents. Or a protest vote for Jill Stein and the Green Party which is also wack as fuck. Or you could pretty much vote for the ONLY qualified candidate which is Hilary Clinton.

I'm sorry there isn't a "better" option for a lot of cats out there but there ain't no shame in voting for Hilary since she has 30+ years of getting shit done while her colleagues were a shitshow. And the people she was running against in this election, even from her own party were a shitshow! This is what you've got! It ain't that deep fam!

Both candidates get asked a question about racism in the county. One talks about stop and frisk and bringing that back. The other talks about profitiezed prisons and ending them. I dunno, maybe there is a fucking difference between the two!

Okay, see y'all tomorrow.

Edit: The JW guy, I understand why you're not voting. I know a few JWs myself.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Dark Souls and Doom are worthy contendors for GOTY for me. Right now I'm having a hard time deciding what is the better team based shooter, OW or BF1.

Just from footage alone, I would say Doom has to be up there. Loved Overwatch. Digimon Cyber Sleuth is up there, god-awful translation aside. I also loved what I played of SF5. Pokken, Hyperlight Drifter, and Planet Robobot are good too. Can't think of anything else.

Infinite

Lemme say a few things before I go to work:

1) I can't fuck with Umar Johnson or Tariq Nasheed.

2) Sonic Mania looks dope as hell. Can't wait to try it!

3) This is specifically for any poster or lurker of this thread that is choosing not to vote or worse, voting for Trump. Listen it's your vote, but I have yet to hear someone tell me a good alternative to what they're doing with their vote that wasn't wack. It either a protest vote for Trump which is pretty much what he represents. Or a protest vote for Jill Stein and the Green Party which is also wack as fuck. Or you could pretty much vote for the ONLY qualified candidate which is Hilary Clinton.

I'm sorry there isn't a "better" option for a lot of cats out there but there ain't no shame in voting for Hilary since she has 30+ years of getting shit done while her colleagues were a shitshow. And the people she was running against in this election, even from her own party were a shitshow! This is what you've got! It ain't that deep fam!

Both candidates get asked a question about racism in the county. One talks about stop and frisk and bringing that back. The other talks about profitiezed prisons and ending them. I dunno, maybe there is a fucking difference between the two!

Okay, see y'all tomorrow.

Edit: The JW guy, I understand why you're not voting. I know a few JWs myself.
umar Johnson is a professional fraud and fuck boy enabler.

Numb

Monster Hunter same as last year-_-

LionPride

Banned
Juneteenth = June 19th.

Why would June 19th be significant, Lion? To African Americans, that is.

I looked it up after seeing that episode, but based just off of that episode it seemed less like about the freeing of slaves and more about celebrating slavery.

Probably the whole point of the episode, you had the bougie ass black woman who treated her own like they were servants who were below her. Found it funny how everyone in that episode was fake as shit for the majority of the time except for Craig. He was the most genuine outta everyone there. A try hard yes, but genuine

Also Ern dirty as hell, didn't even clean himself

Hello everyone!

Put me down for Doom and SFV for my goty so far
(I haven't played as much as I'd liked)

Does anyone frequent USUncut.com? Wondering how reputable of a news source it is.

Village

Why is common now doing all voice over

Isn't McFarlane out there trying to ride the coattails of other hero happenings trying to get the next one made? I kind of remember him popping up recently making some noise.

Macfarlane has been trying to make one and has been talking about making one every year for the last 10-15 years or so. Don't take him seriously, we will See Meth and Red make another movie before we see spawn.

Mizerman

For me, I'm enjoying my time with SFV. Yeah, the launch wasn't great and there were some missteps along the way, but I still want the game to be successful in the long run.

We might be.

Will be for a while, though. So. 👀

How's this for a compromise.. I'll quit bitching if you guys let me get a few run backs in before I end up going to the back of the line after losing 😇

For me, I'm enjoying my time with SFV. Yeah, the launch was great and there were some missteps along the way, but I still want the game to be successful in the long run.

Very much agreed. I love the gameplay and everything surrounding it. It's a shame it's got such a bad rap because of the launch.

Why is common now doing all voice over

Macfarlane has been trying to make one and has been talking about making one every year for the last 10-15 years or so. Don't take him seriously, we will See Meth and Red make another movie before we see spawn.

Mm, sad but true. Hurt me soul.

Litan

Just realized Halloween is coming up. With all that's been going on for the past months, I wonder what kind of bullshit we're gonna be getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom