• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

Saw this doc on the BBC Iplayer and thought i'd post it here. if you guys want to check it out.

The documentary is called. That Black British Feeling.
This is the description.
"Nesta McGregor investigates what's behind the Black Lives Matter protests across Britain, and asks why some black people in the UK still feel racism affects them every day."

Two important things to note.
1: you'll need a VPN to watch this if you're living outside of the U.K.
2: I haven't watched it yet, so i can't speak for it's quality.
I think this is the thing where they were asking some white people if they thought black people really liked fried chicken and why.

Sitting in this office listening to my white coworkers tell each other how they aren't voting because the election is rigged.

At first I thought it was all bs because they didn't want me to know they were voting Trump. Then they all got at the one dude who has said he was voting Trump...

I'm just going to stay quiet

Name a number.

Looking for $200... will throw in Knack as well.

Shy

You guys getting a PS4 Pro?
Nah. Sorry.
Mornin all.
Morning my fam.
Don't you own a Wii U?
PQnmnF1.gif

I think this is the thing where they were asking some white people if they thought black people really liked fried chicken and why.
😲Goodness.😞

Hello everyone, I just thought I would come in here and talk with you all, since this is my first time here in this thread. So how are your days going?

I'm off for today, so I went to vote early, straight blue. Now I'm just cooking noodles and watching robocop. How about you guys?

Malyse

Hello everyone, I just thought I would come in here and talk with you all, since this is my first time here in this thread. So how are your days going?

I'm off for today, so I went to vote early, straight blue. Now I'm just cooking noodles and watching robocop. How about you guys?

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Your profession/major/career interest -
Your religious affiliation -
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -
Marvel or DC? -
Favorite superhero? -
Anime or Nah? -
Favorite sport and team? -
What's your favorite Disney movie? -
What's your favorite video game and genre? -

Fill out plz thx

Fill out plz thx

Where you're from - Wilmington, NC born and raised.

Where you live - Same place

What is your age? - 23

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - African American
Do you know your roots - Not much

Favorite musical genre - Jazz, Smooth jazz, lounge jazz, Drum and Bass, Techno, Electro, Hip Hop, R&B, a bit of rap.

Your profession/major/career interest - I want to be an animator
Your religious affiliation - Christian (Kinda)

Hobbies - Video games, reading, trying to draw

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Bojangles. Those fries with a Cajun filet biscuit, so good.

Marvel or DC? - Marvel

Favorite superhero? - Spider-Man

Anime or Nah? - Anime

Favorite sport and team? - None

What's your favorite Disney movie? - The Lion King

What's your favorite video game and genre? - Shadow of the Colossus. For genre, I'll try anything once, though I like most genres except sports. Sorry.

Yo like... why is it 83 fuckin degrees outside

Yeah, I got slightly hot today when I was working in the truck. Fortunately, I actually got hours today.

What is your age? - 23

Favorite musical genre - Jazz, Smooth jazz, lounge jazz, Drum and Bass, Techno, Electro, Hip Hop, R&B, a bit of rap.

KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Bojangles. Those fries with a Cajun filet biscuit, so good.

Marvel or DC? - Marvel

Anime or Nah? - Anime

What's your favorite video game and genre? - Shadow of the Colossus. For genre, I'll try anything once, though I like most genres except sports. Sorry.

Hello fellow NC brave. I dipped between VA and NC over the years. If you need tips for drawing there's a few art threads on here and I know some videos that helped me.

What is your age? - 23

Marvel or DC? - Marvel

Anime or Nah? - Anime

Hello hello, two questions. How hurt was you when Mufasa was betrayed and do you vibe to Sade?

Yeah, I got slightly hot today when I was working in the truck. Fortunately, I actually got hours today.

Hello fellow NC brave. I dipped between VA and NC over the years. If you need tips for drawing there's a few art threads on here and I know some videos that helped me.

Hey thanks for the tip. And hello to you as well, fellow NC resident.

Hello hello, two questions. How hurt was you when Mufasa was betrayed and do you vibe to Sade?

That shit hurt to watch when I was a kid. Still hurts now. And I never heard of Sade until now. Something tells me I need to rectify this pronto. Got any songs I could listen to?

Wow did not know this place existed in off topic community. Id definitely like to say whats up to everyone here. Having a black thread is actually cool as fuck, is there like a question thing I could fill out?

So what hairstyles are the bct rocking

My hair is naturally very nappy aka good hair but I wanted it curly so i twist it let it stay that way for a day then put some curling lotion in it then I get the fade.

Got them thinking I got indian in me lol

LionPride

Banned
Word, word, right, you're applying for colleges and all that. Dunno why 2 and 2 didn't click. Shit, son. Is what is is. Enjoy the last of high school. I loved mine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's actually been good no sarcasm. Better than Junior year at least. Was suicidal then, got outta that. Been real happy minus the stress of college and school and extracurriculars

Why is fried Alligator so good?
I know right?

My hair is naturally very nappy aka good hair but I wanted it curly so i twist it let it stay that way for a day then put some curling lotion in it then I get the fade.

I had my hair twisted for a while, looked like every nigga on the street. Decided to revert back to a normal fade after getting my hair cut down
Little man just had his first kids last thread. Tried to touch a titty and lost a baby tooth..
I feel attacked right now

Zekes!

I got looser curls/mixed hair. Been growing it out on top and keeping it faded around the sides. Thinking about dreading the top of my hair since I don't know what I wanna do with it and I don't want to cut it short

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom