• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to go vote earlier today and there were only 9 other black people in there. I was like damn.

EDIT: Just found out that black voters have been getting turned away at the voting booths where I live and the NAACP is getting involved to correct these issues. Shit is getting ridiculous here.

Sad part is, I feel like this is going to happen in a lot of other places, and its REALLY fucked up.

Malyse

The subtitle for the official presidential election thread should be "Let's just get this over with".

Don't worry, this won't take very long.

-----

by the time Revenge of the Sith rolls around, Anakin has been electrocuted a minimum of 12 times. This can cause a host of physical and neurological problems, including lack of emotional control, increased aggression, etc. Strictly speaking, Anakin’s propensity towards having huge amounts of electricity (which should by all rights have killed him ages ago - there’s an entire book where Luke is dealing with the pain associated with Force lightning, whereas Anakin’s just like “whatever, just another Tuesday”) played as big of a role in his turn to the Dark Side as anything else, since it sapped his brain of the ability of cognitive reasoning.

D i Z

Heh. Mafia III selling 4.5 mill (digital and physical) and being the fastest selling game in 2K history (eat it Borderlands) has some people blinking at their screens. Not sending out review copies had to have helped a bit, but I would think that the interest in a black protag dealing with shit from a black protag's perspective just put a bullet in a lot of folks arguments about sales barriers and bullshit justifications.

Heh. Mafia III selling 4.5 mill (digital and physical) and being the fastest selling game in 2K history (eat it Borderlands) has some people blinking at their screens. Not sending out review copies had to have helped a bit, but I would think that the interest in a black protag dealing with shit from a black protag's perspective just put a bullet in a lot of folks arguments about sales barriers and bullshit justifications.

Can we get a black jrpg now?

Two questions:

Which one of y'all burned down that church and tried to pin it on Dump supporters?

When the hell you getting back on, Kidd?

👻

D i Z

Two questions:

Which one of y'all burned down that church and tried to pin it on Dump supporters?

When the hell you getting back on, Kidd?

��

tumblr_m7jslpRWZK1ranlh4o1_400.gif

2. Fists of Fury weekend is over, and so is my mmo Halloween event. I will be back on to make everyone else look good today! :D

Edit: spoiler tags not working....

The sold in vs sold thru arguments are rampant and completely missing the point that people are very interested. Never mind that it took the top of the Steam charts in three positions.

So much truth. Popped in the thread and got real happy and excited for the Devs who put the work in, then noticed the narrative spinning. Best to just take the W and not even bother trying with some of these fools.

Crocodile

I've been hearing that Mafia III has issues as a game but that it has a very strong narrative & characters. Is that the consensus of those here who have played it? If so I'm encouraged by the sales of the game if it encourages more games to replicate its strengths but its a shame the game seems a bit undercooked in other respects. Time & budget constraints at work?

Gattsu25

Banned
Ftfy
Also FF9 is the 3rd worse of the FF's
I never went back to it after the first play through so I could actually not hate it by now. Made sure I at least beat that shit back in the day because I paid for it then went straight back to the superior FF8

Conversely, FF9 is the only one of the PSX FFs that I completed during the year of its release.

For both FF8 and FF7 I eventually gave up and had to pick up later (FF8 I picked up a few years later and FF7 and just watched my brother beat the game).

This is pretty damned great.

I've been hearing that Mafia III has issues as a game but that it has a very strong narrative & characters. Is that the consensus of those here who have played it? If so I'm encouraged by the sales of the game if it encourages more games to replicate its strengths but its a shame the game seems a bit undercooked in other respects. Time & budget constraints at work?

the good thing is we can just wait for a patch and then buy it at a cheaper price.

D i Z

Yeah. I'd say it was one hell of a character assassination but

That exchange between Ororo and Carol in 06 was just gross. They're crapping all over Ororo using her as a support system for Carol, with no sense of her own.
So if you mean character assassination of the X-men leader who should know better, and would chew out anyone that would straight up disrespect her like that, then yeah. You're right.

And her apology..... fuck outta here with that shit. This event for the most part has been poorly written. They should have sat back on this one.

zeemumu

That exchange between Ororo and Carol in 06 was just gross. They're crapping all over Ororo using her as a support system for Carol, with no sense of her own.
So if you mean character assassination of the X-men leader who should know better, and would chew out anyone that would straight up disrespect her like that, then yeah. You're right.

And her apology..... fuck outta here with that shit. This event for the most part has been poorly written. They should have sat back on this one.

I'm still pretty curious to see how that thing with Steve and Miles comes to pass. It was brutal how Carol resolved to just arrest him on the spot because of a probability-based vision. She really is just going off of guesswork.

Am I gonna have to read X-Men to find out what Nightcrawler's gameplan was since he doesn't seem to be part of either even though Carol thinks he's working for Stark?

hypernima

Banned
No disagreement here. Doctors avoid medical malpractice issues the same way.

This will be a long post but I'll give you a brief setup before I give an outline of the lesson plan because I think it's important to know why I start it the way I do. Basically, police officers are ego driven type a personalities. We typically lean way right, so we very much dislike anyone telling or even hinting at the possibility we might be doing something wrong. Or even if we could simply do something better than how things currently are. Especially when talking about bias training, most officers typically tune it out and shut down. We don't want to hear that bias (never mind racism) exists and like even less the idea that we could have certain prejudices that may effect our job duties. Pretty much the tired argument that getting called a racist is worse than actually being one. So here goes... Please forgive me if this seems choppy I'm on my phone and I'm writing this from memory.

This is great. Though there's a typo about the Nivea re civilize yourself ad.

Notch can go fuck himself.

No sweat and not surprising tbh. He has no significance in American culture what so ever, he's a standard pleb that tried to buy his way into Hollywood and it worked for but a hot second. He can go fuck several donkeys and mind his business.

Malyse

The last two issues of Iron Man are great though. Actually, most tie ins have been pretty good.

Sch1sm

I hate Chicago teams so much, but I don't give a damn about baseball, so I feel no ways over it. Such a boring sport.

Dereck

No sweat and not surprising tbh. He has no significance in American culture what so ever, he's a standard pleb that tried to buy his way into Hollywood and it worked for but a hot second. He can go fuck several donkeys and mind his business.
Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom