• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
vNwI79.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I didn't overall, but it has a couple neat things that make it worth a watch.

Are you starting with the 2 stranded twists and just letting it freeform after that ? I always wanted dreads but never had the patients ; I wanted the real thick dreadlocks .

Single strand, locking them up via comb coils. I don't like free-form locs they look nasty and like matted hair to me.

Young Magus

Fam.......
The epic saga of "Will Y.M ever recieve his ballot in time to vote" has come to an end.

Finally got my ballot the other day AND shipped it just now. Hope it gets back in the states in time. First time voting in a prez election. Was screwed back in 2012 but it worked out now.

.....pls vote fam

Kreed

Someone in that thread (forgot the username) was trying to equate it to piracy :lol :lol

do what I do. Buy it, beat it in five hours, call EA and get that $60 refund because of their Great Game Guarantee, ???, PROFIT!

Ban this fool. How is this different from pirating the game. SMH

I mean the guy is advising people to play the game, finish it and ask for a refund. Not because they didn't like it, not because it doesn't run on their PC but just because its short enough. Might as well send him the torrent link for it. Call it Fraud or Piracy or whatever you want m8

The whole chain of responses are hilarious.

Mel Gibson is trying to make a comeback in Hollywood a decade after his anti-Jewish rants, but some American Jews are like "nah son, we aint forget shit & we aint forgiving it either"

Black folks need to get on this code, Im tired of racists talking reckless about us, then showing up at a Black church or an NAACP meeting, copping pleas and being welcomed with open arms. Enough is enough.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
So I just had a pretty interesting exchange between my mother and myself a few days ago.

So my mother was over to my house in the evening. I was watching the nightly news, then I briefly left to go use the bathroom. When I returned I saw that Family Feud had come on.

Me: Mom have you ever noticed that it's always a white family vs. a black family on Family Feud?

My mom: Well now that you say it I guess so.

I don't know what it was about the situation but I found it amusing.

My mother is white and I am black by the way.

M52B28

Banned
So what hairstyles are the bct rocking

My hair is naturally very nappy aka good hair but I wanted it curly so i twist it let it stay that way for a day then put some curling lotion in it then I get the fade.

Got them thinking I got indian in me lol
Been a while since I posted in here.

I have an old box haircut that's been out of control for a few months. I don't know if I want to go with a simple fade or just keep this going. Only annoying thing is that hats don't fit my head right.

I know I'm getting tired of picking my hair after sleeping. Gets matted and looks like a carpet.

Kreed

Mel Gibson is trying to make a comeback in Hollywood a decade after his anti-Jewish rants, but some American Jews are like "nah son, we aint forget shit & we aint forgiving it either"

Black folks need to get on this code, Im tired of racists talking reckless about us, then showing up at a Black church or an NAACP meeting, copping pleas and being welcomed with open arms. Enough is enough.

I saw Mel Gibson on GMA the other day getting interviewed by Michael Strahan with a lot of black people in their live audience and that definitely came off as "apology tour"ish. Personally I'm not opposed to celebrities/politicians/famous people doing the apology tour but it needs to be more meaningful than showing up at a couple of black churches, saying sorry, and calling it a day. Like donating to and helping to promote black causes, businesses, and projects. If we're talking about a celebrity like Mel Gibson, they could be using their celebrity status to promote black films/actors/actresses. Do that for a few years and I'd take their apology more seriously.

Samara

Been a while since I posted in here.

I have an old box haircut that's been out of control for a few months. I don't know if I want to go with a simple fade or just keep this going. Only annoying thing is that hats don't fit my head right.

I know I'm getting tired of picking my hair after sleeping. Gets matted and looks like a carpet.

My hair is in the ho stage so I can't tie it up completely. But a silk pillow cover or a scarf at night fixes a bit of the tangling . In the morning get yourselves a spray bottle and fill it with warm hot water. Spray and shake your head. It will dry in 15 minutes. Don't touch your hair when it's wet, or it will get frizzy. Then pick your hair cause it has to be big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom