• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

This screenshot really does nail it perfectly:

CuHQJMCXgAAo_iH.jpg

Sch1sm

PSN code or disk

Disc, dawg. Forearm even complained on that same page about the digital not going on sale.

Street Fighter V season 2 hype already

Personally don't care for Akuma all that much, so my hype is approx. negative.

---

Anyone having bets for the others? I'll throw my guess, anyway. Abel, Sakura, Oro, Decapre, C Viper, Fan, and another new character?

First 6 guesses are obvious, I think. First 5 already have models in the game, and we know how they play as is. Only reason I didn't choose Sean, Azam, or Ed, is because we don't know much about their playstyle. Some assumptions out there about Sean, and Ed's got psycho power, but naw. Fan had the whole voice clip leak. ;-;

Fam, I lowkey think Netflix Jessica Jones had a much tighter, more well executed narrative than Netflix Luke Cage. For sure, theres no comparison to the atmosphere of Harlem in Luke Cage and the acting is excellent all around, but the actual story & antagonists are better in Jessica Jones, as much as it pains me to admit.

LotusHD

Banned
Fam, I lowkey think Netflix Jessica Jones had a much tighter, more well executed narrative than Netflix Luke Cage. For sure, theres no comparison to the atmosphere of Harlem in Luke Cage and the acting is excellent all around, but the actual story & antagonists are better in Jessica Jones, as much as it pains me to admit.

Dude, same, except I highkey think it. My friends and I gradually had to admit it, despite originally wanting to give it a pass. We loved the setting more than the other shows. We loved how unapologetically black it was. We loved characters like Cottonmouth, and the supporting cast was really excellent as well. But damn, the second half just tanked. I tried to justify it, but within the week, I had to admit it wasn't really worth defending. Hell, even with the earlier episodes, the show felt quite slow paced at times, an issue I never really had with the previous Marvel shows. I certainly tried to wave it away, but it was always a consistent issue for most of the episodes where it felt like it dragged on for too long.

Nonetheless, I was pretty much ready to have the show as like my #2 or #3 Netflix show, but then fucking
Diamondback
happened. The second half of the show was abysmal compared to the first half, mostly because of him. Nearly everything about the character just irritated me. So yea, despite the show having multiple things that were heavily relatable to me as a black man, the show was imo the worst Netflix Marvel show I've seen so far. Now every time we want to joke about the show, we just say "fucking
Diamondback
" lol

Young Magus

😆

I'm watching this dude on twitch using a controller with his mouth..

I'm quitting SFV

The struggle is real.

If you quittin sfv hop on GGXrd breh

Nigga, hush..

I would join yall nikkas but you know my situation(s)

I'm sorry I posted your life story like that. My b.

Eh like I said its only the 5th post from the bottom that got me right in the heart. Even then Im slowly getting out of it
or rather trying to find myself so I can..... ;_;

Everything else tho......jezus

Young Magus

That soul's thread is interesting.

The one where folks are like "Why can't ppl like the games I like........it must be cuz everyone thinks its hard" correct.

---

In other news tho,

Can someone tell my why the NMS thread about the disgrunted employee went as far as it did?

Today is the 7th, just one more day until the fall of the Republic.

I gotta see how much these tickets to Central Africa cost, might as well see my distant relatives in the Congo while we all get deported.

The struggle is real.

If you quittin sfv hop on GGXrd breh

You know, I've never really played GG

WE DON'T QUIT IN THIS THREAD.

I'm not quitting.. I need to get ole girl to the top

Is that the dude with the disability the prevents him from holding a controller ideally and plays Chun-Li? That dude's a G.

He was taking names with Balrog last night.

talkin about Brolylegs?

broly legs?

Yeah him! Amazing stuff.

I hope my odd way of praising his ability to still play games (and at high level no less) didn't make me come off as an asshole

-------------

Mornin' All

Sch1sm

Morning, BCT. Hope the week does you right.

Hope this election does us all right, to boot, jfc. Results right around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom