• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't bring myself to read it when I saw it in OT and linked here, the way GAF rolls. That bad, eh?

I'm taking this advice from now on.. it's not even safe to lurk anymore.

G'Morning to you and everyone else.

What's for breakfast BCT?

Buttered Toast and coffee

I'm legit ready to seek asylum in Canada. If racist scared white people push Trump into the Presidency then I'm moving to Canada. Y'all can this America shit if Trump is the future. I'm better off in Canada instead of America with a president that pushes for racial profiling of black people.

You ain't lying.
Hoping Sch1sm makes up the spare room so I can come through. I'll bring my SFV set up and some Cadburys

Malyse

But I'm like.....I've seen this movie....

Can they spin magic for the third time in four tries...

Fourth.
Not liking the end of ME3 doesn't make ME3 a bad game, it makes it a good game with a bad ending.

----

So all that "Female Ryder is the lead this time" was bullshit then. K.

Malyse

Did I say anything about the ending of the game? Count stands at three.

A third time in four tries means that they only succeeded two out of three times previously. Either you are saying ME 1 was bad (lolno), ME 3 was bad (which I refute), or you're a crazy person. There are no bad Mass Effect games in the main trilogy.

-----

tumblr_og8a9528q61qdxlfoo1_1280.png

D i Z

A third time in four tries means that they only succeeded two out of three times previously. Either you are saying ME 1 was bad (lolno), ME 3 was bad (which I refute), or you're a crazy person. There are no bad Mass Effect games in the main trilogy.

-----

Again, you're not reading what I wrote, you're having an argument with the millions caught up in that end game nonsense. I didn't say any game was bad. I specifically said "spin magic". 3 was not magical like its earlier chapters for a dozen reasons, not one did I point to because people (plainly speaking) are mostly incapable of talking about the merits of ME without getting up in their feelings.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Again, you're not reading what I wrote, you're having an argument with the millions caught up in that end game nonsense. I didn't say any game was bad. I specifically said "spin magic". 3 was not magical like its earlier chapters for a dozen reasons, not one did I point to because people (plainly speaking) are mostly incapable of talking plainly about the merits of ME without getting up in their feelings.

Well, this happened today from Major Nelson so you can relive the goodness (or badness) of 2 and 3.

Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 are coming to Xbox One Backward Compatibility today. #HappyN7Day http://mjr.mn/BackCompat

Malyse

How you doing, Demi?

Not the best. Quote for details.

I seriously hope you're doing much better than I.

Again, you're not reading what I wrote, you're having an argument with the millions caught up in that end game nonsense. I didn't say any game was bad. I specifically said "spin magic". 3 was not magical like its earlier chapters for a dozen reasons, not one did I point to because people (plainly speaking) are mostly incapable of talking about the merits of ME without getting up in their feelings.

I disagree. I really thought it was magical.

D i Z

I disagree. I really thought it was magical.

That's fine. I haven't given any reasons or thoughts to disagree with, but cool. Maybe later I'll jot them down and open up about it.

Malyse

That's fine. I haven't given any reasons or thoughts to disagree with, but cool. Maybe later I'll jot them down and open up about it.

I think I tend to not cognitively analyze experiences as I have them, which allows me to enjoy things as they are without being caught up in things. For example, I really love FF13. I understand the arguments against it (though I'm also more that a little convinced that internalized misogyny is part of the reception) but when it comes down to it, I had fun with the game and that's all that really matters to me. Same for ME3. The way that I got the chance to say goodbye to all these characters that I had spent so much time getting to know and fighting with really resonated with me, way more than any issues with the last portion of the game. I dunno, I personally can't hold a view where the culmination of two games worth of magic isn't magic in and of itself.

These arguments also apply to Xenoblade X, which has some really fantastic small set pieces of character choice. You can totally fuck up someone's life trying to do the right thing.
In Xenoblade X, you come across a bunch of baby monsters in the middle of a quest. You were supposed to wipe them out, but you can choose to let the harmless things live. If you do, they grow up to kill the person you were partnered with on that quest. It's not unlike how encouraging Javik in Mass Effect 3 eventually leads him to realizing how along he is in the universe and to start actively seeking a place to die.
So sorry to hear, my friend. Shit ain't great here, but it's nice to see y'all folks still at it. I hope things turn around for you sooner than later, DD..truly..

Thanks.

I think I'll be okay ☺

Sch1sm

I'm taking this advice from now on.. it's not even safe to lurk anymore.

Buttered Toast and coffee

You ain't lying.
Hoping Sch1sm makes up the spare room so I can come through. I'll bring my SFV set up and some Cadburys

Lurked and I straight up upset myself. Never again. I'm taking a break from those threads for pretty much ever. Always those dissenters with the largest voices, y'know? And no one ignores them.

My apartment about to look like this:

giphy.gif

Shy

Morning, BCT.
Morning, The Blacks™
Mornin ya'll.
Morning all!
G'Morning to you and everyone else.
Morn'in fellow travelers.
Morning morning.
What's for breakfast BCT?
Just waiting for my 20 nuggets and a large fries to be brought round.

Then i'll be having that for breakfast. Cause ya know, i like to eat healthy. 😆
Y'all got your slave chains ready for Wed?

Just in case
I'm half brown, so i got my orange jumpsuit all ready to go for my exciting trip to Cuba.
So, you saying you won't play yourself..lol.
You can't quit when it's yourself. Big bro.

Jesus. I'm so sorry to hear that D.D.

I hope this is the week where it all turns around for you. ❤️❤️❤️
Hope this election does us all right, to boot, jfc. Results right around the corner.
Well if it goes all tits up. I'm moving in with you. 😜

shingi70

Banned
noon folks, watching Dragon Ball and its interesting to see the transition of the series going from this Journey to the west inspired adventure series to what we know as Dragon Ball Z today.

I've been binge watching Kitchen Nightmares and now I'm paranoid about eating out. When Ramsay opens up their freezers and pantry that shit is a whole nother level of there's no way this shit is real type of nasty. The producers place these items here for the drama maybe?

D i Z

I've been binge watching Kitchen Nightmares and now I'm paranoid about eating out. When Ramsay opens up their freezers and pantry that shit is a whole nother level of there's no way this shit is real type of nasty. The producers place these items here for the drama maybe?

Some places really are that nasty. It's not the norm though. Keeping a kitchen clean isn't hard. Nasty ass people have nasty ass kitchens in their businesses.

Some places really are that nasty. It's not the norm though. Keeping a kitchen clean isn't hard. Nasty ass people have nasty ass kitchens in their businesses.

Oh yeah, I'm about food hygiene. I just don't see how some of these people can look at what he pulls out, especially expired meats and be like "Yeah we cook with that." ish is disgusting by miles. Reminds me of when I found a toenail in my Chinese food.

D i Z

Oh yeah, I'm about food hygiene. I just don't see how some of these people can look at what he pulls out, especially expired meats and be like "Yeah we cook with that." ish is disgusting by miles. Reminds me of when I found a toenail in my Chinese food.

But how were the Wonton's tho?

I'm a cook, and have been to a couple of different kitchens so far, and like D I Z said, it all comes down to the people who work there. I've worked catering jobs were the boss told me to re season and sauce chicken that had been cooked for the party two or three nights before. They left all the cleaning responsibilities up to me and two 16 year old dishwashers, and only helped when things got out of control. Dishes and pans could be left at the sink for 3 days if no one was on after a Friday party. On the opposite end, everything is sanitized and cleaned on a daily basis at my Hospital job, and every one has tasks to do. So many places want to leave all the jobs to one guy and then be shocked when everything wasn't done properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom