• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross61

I'm sick. I'm an physically sick. I don't know how I'm going to deal waking up and finding out that Trump is the President. This is the worse thing that I've ever experienced in my entire lifetime.

george_us

To anyone that followed the election closely, how did this happen? Almost every poll had Hillary steamrolling Trump. Like I said, I didn't follow the election too closely.

Mizerman

To anyone that followed the election closely, how did this happen? Almost every poll had Hillary steamrolling Trump. Like I said, I didn't follow the election too closely.

Trump outperformed with rural whites to the point where they ate whatever gains we had with early voting.

Malyse

So. Rian Johnson (writer Episode 8&9, director Episode 8) just tweeted
Cwy7l7CUQAAflke

And mental floss posted https://twitter.com/mental_floss/status/796213986299625472

I'm sick. I'm an physically sick. I don't know how I'm going to deal waking up and finding out that Trump is the President. This is the worse thing that I've ever experienced in my entire lifetime.

Same. And his supporters think things are going to magically disappear and be great again. They don't even know. They don't even know.

shingi70

Banned
Watch AbC News and they just showed a PA trump rally that's down to the few hardcore and I say three brothers in that group. I'm even more fucking furious.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Either the polls were faulty or people wanted to vote Trump and didn't want to admit it.

Just like that, we've entered the dark timeline. It's over, and I have this feeling that there is not a damn thing PoC could have done to stop it. Moderate whites failed us all. I'm trying to stay neutral, but I'm so goddamn heartbroken at the state of this country.

shingi70

Banned
So my thread was locked for some reason.....that's frustrating as I'm seeing alot of posters take about ending it and joking or not that should be taken lightly.

D i Z

Now that we're almost all on the same page... Complacency was never an option. It looks like there is going to be four years of prep time to reverse this action and a whole lot of shit that will have to be undone by then.

Dai101

Banned
I feel just like 10 years ago when we elected calderon, an innept, good for nothing, 2 bit bureocrat that never in his political career had a position of significance.

10 years later we still deal with his fuckups like the guerra contra el narco that has left us with a fucking large number of victims, both civilian and criminals.

The same feel of dread, impotence and rage over my fellow countrymen for giving to fear tactics, manipulation and everything in between against a candidate that had a clear plan for a nation.

Be brave and strong hermanos. The world doesn't end, even if it appears to be. We're stronger than those motherfuckers.

ANIMO.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Holy shit. This is really happening. I don't even...

Everyone better tune in to your favorite black podcasts this week. Shit is unreal.

Edit: and McCrory won in NC. Goddammit!

LionPride

Banned
I'm simultaneously searching for a reason to keep going if this shit happens all the while being angry enough to be fueled by hate and disdain

Nudull

Banned
I kept quiet to my parents until now. Everything, all the worship they gave to Trump. To push out the muslims, to put God back in America, to make new jobs magically appear for me like this country is going to give a damn and for them, like this country is going to give a give a damn about two people pushing into their 60's and are long into retirement age. I didn't say a word, because I felt confident enough that the country that I lived in and used to love would choose better, that smarter heads would prevail. That all the progress we've made, even with the flaws that remained, would see us through to the end.

And here I am tonight. I blew up, I poured everyone down to my very soul. They still voted. All the prejudice and turmoil my family went through, as black people and as immigrants into this country, and this was what it amounted to.

"But Hillary"

"You can't judge people by their skin color"

"Wait and see"

"You have your opinions, we have ours"

"Trump's wife is an immigrant"

"Ronald Reagan got us into this country, republicans aren't that evil"

"But Reagan, but Reagan, but Reagan"

They won't change. People never change. My whole life is a lie, and I don't know what do do anymore. Even after all of this, I can't help but feel that this was all my fault. I want to die.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Fam I don't know what to do now. I'm trying to figure out how my family will be salvaging our health insurance with the inevitable toppling of Obama Care, and on top of the validation of white nationalism I just....

fuck

White supremacy always wins. Fuck it. I'm done with politics, I'm done with voting. We can't win and will never win in this fucked up country.

Shy

I'm simultaneously searching for a reason to keep going if this shit happens all the while being angry enough to be fueled by hate and disdain
Same. I was already feeling very rough and struggling as it is. And now this shit.

I hate this world so so much.

I kept quiet to my parents until now. Everything, all the worship they gave to Trump. To push out the muslims, to put God back in America, to make new jobs magically appear for me like this country is going to give a damn and for them, like this country is going to give a give a damn about two people pushing into their 60's and are long into retirement age. I didn't say a word, because I felt confident enough that the country that I lived in and used to love would choose better, that smarter heads would prevail. That all the progress we've made, even with the flaws that remained, would see us through to the end.

And here I am tonight. I blew up, I poured everyone down to my very soul. They still voted. All the prejudice and turmoil my family went through, as black people and as immigrants into this country, and this was what it amounted to.

"But Hillary"

"You can't judge people by their skin color"

"Wait and see"

"You have your opinions, we have ours"

"Trump's wife is an immigrant"

"Ronald Reagan got us into this country, republicans aren't that evil"

"But Reagan, but Reagan, but Reagan"

They won't change. People never change. My whole life is a lie, and I don't know what do do anymore. Even after all of this, I can't help but feel that this was all my fault. I want to die.

Damn, I'm surprised since you and your family is back, but we've always known people that go against so yourself interest. There might have been nothing you could do. Some people are stuck on something and can't listen to reason.
I feel for you.

I'm back. Can't sleep, one more thing to say... Anything Trump fucks up in office which will be everything will be blamed on Obama. So when they see trump Fuck up their beer goggles will be on full blast.

Trump will never be my President. I'm lucky to be a dual citizen but honestly. I fear for Muslim Americans, even legal immigrants. I fear for the white man that will walk the street thinking it's ok to start calling black folk niggers again. Like casually as Fuck.

LionPride

Banned
I already live in fear for my life on the daily, but holy shit if this is a real thing that occurs I fear not only for myself, but most of my friends, my girlfriend, a lot of people in my life I always fear for secretly

Kaizer

Banned
Haven't posted in Black-GAF in quite some time, probably like 2 or 3 years now, but I just felt the need to step in & say to all my fellow Black Americans that we walk in solidarity through this. As black people, we've survived, been through & bounced back from much worse. This motherfucker won't break us - we can't fall into despair now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom