• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Ah. Thanks.
Will Florida get away with it once again with nothing but a side eye....

Shoulda been usa* if you didn't key in, autocorrect got me there, doesn't recognize America like that.

I'm actually annoyed with Florida voters. Those Gary Johnson votes could have pushed Clinton over. Would have made PA less of a blow. Strategic voting just went right over the heads of Americans this election.

This was long overdue.

I'm ready for this. We are in for a fight you guys. Obama being in office suffocated a lot of the hate that was already boiling. These racists have been mad for a while. So now, we all are going to fight.

It is going to have to get bad before it gets better. This had to happen. USA has been pretending to be this accepting and progressive environment long enough for the deplorables taste. Now they want to be reinstated with power and the only thing we can do is fight back.

I repeat, this had to happen. It was long overdue. With all the hate crimes excused by the justice system and gun violence ignored for faux-fear, we have to make a stand and that time is now.

I'm too lazy for this shit tbh. I would rather read a damn book but if I have to demand my rights as a woman and a minority to survive, I sure will.

Don't be scared everyone. If these bitches want their country to thrive they need us. But they are not going to thrive off our suffering. This goes for ALL minorities. We got this.
do we tho? the GOP will control all 3 branches of the government and with that the supreme court is lost and with that goes Obamacare and quite possibly gay marriage
and lets not forget his boner for law n order via stop n frisk

so I'm not sure how we got this in any way

This election proved that a majority of White people, and more specifically White women, will take a sacrifice, put their dignity aside, get on code and vote to uphold White supremacy.

D i Z

What would you say to a day of GAF silence? No PoC posts for 24 hours to mourn

Nobody would care if we disappeared for a day, and some people would lose an outlet that they could use to talk things through. Don't really see the point except to have our hotheads avoid getting baited into the tire fires.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just gonna pop in here one time to remind every PoC and minority group that we cannot vent our anger at white people.

That might make them sad. And we don't want them to be sad do we? :(

/s

But I'm not angry.

I'm genuinely not.

I'm disappointed.

And tired.

Ran rp

half of me feels like crying and letting myself rot away. other half feels motivated to work harder on overcoming my personal inhibitions so i'm better prepared to fight this mess for myself and for my peoples.

Nobody would care if we disappeared for a day, and some people would lose an outlet that they could use to talk things through. Don't really see the point except to have our hotheads avoid getting baited into the tire fires.

True that.

At least I'm not actually in the country right now, or else I'd probably feel even sicker.

george_us

Just gonna pop in here one time to remind every PoC and minority group that we cannot vent our anger at white people.

That might make them sad. And we don't want them to be sad do we? :(

/s
I don't even have the energy to be angry.

I honestly think I legitimately lost faith in humanity tonight.

I really, really did.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Its amazing how emotional I am right now.

Honestly, it's only partly about Trump.

Its the fact that the GOP, which has recently showed that they have values that even the KKK can get behind, is going to control all major branches of the US government. They are more likely to be able to rewrite or completely dismantle policies that were put in place by Obama, because they will be almost unopposed.

I know that Trump can't single-handedly control everything obviously. But this allows a lot of people with ideals that aren't in my best interests as a minority to have significant power. And Trump is going to have a lot of dark people who know a LOT more about politics than he does pulling his strings.

As long as Trump is getting money, and gets to see himself in the media, he really doesn't care. Hell, this win is going to make him the most smug man in the world for the next month or so.

I need to get a better job. They're going to need more tax money if they're going to get that wall started...

Johndoey

Banned
The Republicans control everything now.
--
Goodnight folk, I'm getting some sleep. This feels too much like waiting for an execution.

In the end I live in a Democratic state, and im a man with a Job that provides health insurance. But I feel so bad for women in red states, especially now that Republican control of all 3 branches of government for the foreseeable future. The only way it will get better if gets really bad.

dabig2

I don't even have the energy to be angry.

I honestly think I legitimately lost faith in humanity tonight.

I really, really did.

Ditto. It's at a point where I'm finally just done with it all. I always knew what this country was about, but I still had a flicker of hope for the future.

But in the end, America America'd itself in spectacular fashion and I now know 100% what this country really is about and what the people who occupy it are about. My idealistic youth period is now officially over and I can move past it.

I'm not angry or sad. I'm actually a little happy now that I no longer have to pretend to like this racist shit country. I can drop all pretenses and simply say: God. Damn. America.

Zekes!

Aight well this election just made me get into a big fight with my girlfriend.

I don't know what the fuck just happened. I've just been out here reading Dragon Ball and then this

That introspective thread and this election is making it super clear.

White people generally do not give a single fuck about us. Left or right leaning.

I finally understand, and will react accordingly. I'm not going hotep, but I can't trust nobody but each other to protect us.

But I'm so scared. Especially for my girlfriend, a south asian immigrant.

cdyhybrid

also if your name could ever be confused with a minority, legally change that shit right now

No shit, breh.

Cursing the fact that my father is Chinese.

And the fact that he voted for Trump, the fucking trash. But yeah. Might change my name to my mom's maiden name.

What would you say to a day of GAF silence? No PoC posts for 24 hours to mourn

Nah, that wouldn't do anything.

It's clear that doing things "the right way" isn't enough. We need to disrupt shit to make some change. I mean REALLY disrupt shit.

Zekes!

Meh
Did you vote?

Nah fam I'm Canadian. Just been casually keeping an eye out on the results.

She's been much more invested in watching what was going down; been texting me updates every once and while and by virtue of being on the internet as well, I've happened to see a lot of them too. And I said as much. But I realize I was being rather flippant when she obviously really wanted to talk about it. So she got upset but started being unnecessarily mean; calling me and suggesting that I was acting like a 'know-it-all' and that I always have to know more than her, etc. etc.

Anyways, not to go on about that shit but it kind of came outta left field for me. I know I could've done better and been more engaging, but she can just be unnecessarily mean and I'm kind of done with it.

White people generally do not give a single fuck about us. Left or right leaning.

I finally understand, and will react accordingly. I'm not going hotep, but I can't trust nobody but each other to protect us.

when I read that title I knew that thread was gonna be berniebros taking there victory lap

Enzom21

This isn't really anything new though.
2008, lifelong democrats: "I ain't voting for no nigger."
2016, "You blacks don't know what's good for you."

Village

Nice to know what this country thinks of us fam.

I'm more worried about hispanic people and Muslim peolple TBH, we are is a shit situation. But they are in some dirt under the shit type stuff. Especially considering the latter gets spun off into war mongering

Gattsu25

Banned
Nice to know what this country thinks of us fam.
Been knowing this since Zimmerman. Country continues to show what they think of us.

Just a reminder of what happened following #Brexit (which was a UK vote fueled by much of the same sentiment as Trump's campaign): hate crimes against minorities and immigrants spiked following the vote and never really died down to pre-vote levels. Expect hate crimes to start flooding the news and stay safe.

ReiGun

We've spent the last 8 years paying for electing a Black president and this was the grand finale. The coup de grace. The finishing move. The final blow. Whatever you wanna call it.

Four years is a long time, y'all. All we can do is hope the damage is contained, and try to take care of ourselves and our loved ones.

dabig2

1780, feels like.

---

I'm sorry, y'all. It's tough. Get some sleep, try and breathe. I'm gonna find my bed. Night. ❤️

This is straight up 1876 - the election that reversed a decade of progress after the Civil War and led to the complete and total disenfranchisement of black people for several generations to follow. Hell, we still haven't completely climbed out of that hole 140 fucking years later. And it looks like we'll be going right back into that hole largely thanks to the descendants of those racist ignorant motherfuckers.

I'm more worried about hispanic people and Muslim peolple TBH, we are is a shit situation. But they are in some dirt under the shit type stuff. Especially considering the latter gets spun off into war mongering

True enough. Jingoism and white national pride is going to be even more blatant and status quo.

Young Magus

........................................................................................

I was gonna make this long post about my feeling and how I wanted to say I was disappointed but I couldn't be thanks to the knowledge of all the shit we endured up to this point and the like but Imma keep it short and sweet.

america ant shit.
Shouts out to the blue states but man.......fuck america.

Gattsu25

Banned
We've spent the last 8 years paying for electing a Black president and this was the grand finale. The coup de grace. The finishing move. The final blow. Whatever you wanna call it.

Four years is a long time, y'all. All we can do is hope the damage is contained, and try to take care of ourselves and our loved ones.
He'll probably get to replace three supreme Court justices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom