• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wouldn't it be funny if I voted 3rd party?"
"Wouldn't be ok if I dont vote"
"Wouldn't be ok if Trump brings real change? Im tired of more Obama"

tumblr_inline_nzqqdzCpzt1txn6ul_500.gif

Heroman

Banned
Guys I absolutely refuse to accept this....everything we worked for is now gone...we cant just accept this..we have to demand like a recount or a revolution...something...anything....tell me......
Accept it , but all that means is that we have to work 10 times as hard.

Drumpf won't be using GAF to vet who will be stopped and frisked sadly

You just reminded me:

Trump calls for nationwide 'stop-and-frisk' policy

Donald Trump's cabinet-in-waiting is taking shape in the final days of the race, as aides eye a number of Trump loyalists for major posts should he win on Tuesday.

Among the names being considered, according to conversations with three campaign advisers who requested anonymity to speak freely: Rudy Giuliani for attorney general, Newt Gingrich for secretary of state, retired Lt. Gen Michael Flynn for defense secretary or national security adviser, Trump finance chairman Steve Mnuchin for Treasury secretary, and Republican National Committee finance chair Lew Eisenberg for commerce secretary.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/20...ed-top-jobs-trump-white-house-sources-n678881

Guys I absolutely refuse to accept this....everything we worked for is now gone...we cant just accept this..we have to demand like a recount or a revolution...something...anything....tell me......

*Hug*

We tried. We gave it our best. We gave it our all. And in the end it's all we can do. Our best.

I think the issue now more than ever is unity within the community. We are so splintered. Even during the civil rights movement, there were different factions and approaches, but we are just all over the place now. Maybe this will galvanize us

I think the issue now more than ever is unity within the community. We are so splintered. Even during the civil rights movement, there were different factions and approaches, but we are just all over the place now. Maybe this will galvanize us

Man after this, I don't know anymore. The Cubs won the World Series and Trump is president. This year brought many surprises (both good and bad.) who knows what might happen from this point forward.

george_us

Same man, same - 2016 has been a crazy fucking year. It's almost ironic how when Obama first came to office in 2008, the public perception was that racism/classism/etc. was reaching a low & we were getting closer to equality, but now we've come to the end of the ride & racism has reared its head uglier than ever before.

There's just this insidious undercurrent to everything that's transpired recently that I can't shake, where it feels like the hatred is much more fierce & intense than before. Danger feels like its at an all-time high.
As much racial fuckery as we've had to deal with these past couple of years, I legitimately thought we had turned a corner as a nation. A VERY small corner, but a corner nonethless. Clearly I was deceived. Even worse I feel sorry for the LGBT community right now.

We are just transitioning to the better time on the other side of this fire. We must be vigilant. We must be strong. We cannot, and will not, lie down now.
I hope that transition includes some form of AI government. I'm at the point where people can't be trusted anymore to do the right thing for the betterment of humanity.

Numb

Will pray for y'all
Can't underemtimate all the white racists.
All the minorities can come together and form Voltron and a small group of them will still eclipse it smh

shingi70

Banned
Small silver lining is rural America got out in force for trump and Republicans and will be even more fucked after the 4 years are up.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I got people in my family fucking rejoicing about this because "the only ones who suffer from this are people who need government assistance! Luckily that isn't us!" So naive. So stupid.

Shit we live near Detroit bitch you don't think we're gonna be effected? As if MI can afford to have this happen.

People are so fucking callous. I hate everyone. We even got our own people being fucking evil.

GOD I hope this economy falls apart and everyone who voted for this bitch gets the same job situation they did when Bush was in office. You deserve it.

I've NEVER been a violent person yet I want to drag somebody through the streets by their hair so bad.

The vibe in here has drastically changed and I'm not about that life. Neither should you be.

First of all... Good Morning,

My fellow blacks and browns, my mixed PoC, my nonblack PoC, my white allies. We need to take a step back and look at these results with realism. Racism is not gone, is far from gone and America hasn't done much to fix it, we KNEW this, but gave them the benefit of the doubt. We have to rise up to this occasion with dignity. We've always had to work twice as hard than the average white man, be twice as smart. We can not let this toxic hate, defeat us, we can not let this destroy OUR black history. Our ancestors have been through too damn much to let this break us. We had a black president that did his BEST to fix the fuck ups of the white man. And IMO he was as successful as he could have been in his situation.

Trump is NOT a failure. If you did not vote for him, he is NOT a failure. We did our part. We did what we had to do. We are not the problem with this country. We have to build communities to make CHANGE real change. Social change. We have to stop the divide and become brothers and sisters again. We have to protect our black youth, we have to protect our black children. We have to protect our BLACK WOMEN. We have to stand strong with our Muslim Brothers and Sisters. We have to get behind our immigrants looking for a better living. We have to get INVOLVED.

The KKK ain't shit and ain't been about shit ever. Half of these undercover racist whites ain't that bold. Their numbers are strong, but they're also dwindling.

All those racist coworkers, racist bosses they ain't about shit and they're cowards.

Man, that's all I have to say, all this negativity ain't worth it. And has to stop, now is the time to move forward. Its not the time to admit defeat. Take some time to yourself, dust off and come back. Who we elected did not become president. ITS OKAY. Its happened in the past. We've survived republican presidents. And I know Trump is the least experienced president elect there ever has been. But we need to rise and watch this white fool burn.

I love you all, I know some of ya'll don't know me or what I'm about, but I have always had the best intentions for my people. We'll pull through, we are stronger than this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

zeemumu

It's difficult to put thoughts and feelings into words right now. I just hope we can make him a single-term president.

I'm hoping that he screws up and gets impeached early on before he causes any more lasting damage than he already has.

Or straight up turns on everything his supporters wanted.

I'm hoping that he screws up and gets impeached early on before he causes any more lasting damage than he already has.

Impeachment just means the less idiotic and more scummy Pence as president in his place.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The vibe in here has drastically changed and I'm not about that life. Neither should you be.

My fellow blacks and browns, my mixed PoC, my nonblack PoC, my white allies. We need to take a step back and look at these results with realism. Racism is not gone, is far from gone and America hasn't done much to fix it, we KNEW this, but gave them the benefit of the doubt. We have to rise up to this occasion with dignity. We've always had to work twice as hard than the average white man, be twice as smart. We can not let this toxic hate, defeat us, we can not let this destroy OUR black history. Our ancestors have been through too damn much to let this break us. We had a black president that did his BEST to fix the fuck ups of the white man. And IMO he was as successful as he could have been in his situation.

Trump is NOT a failure. If you did not vote for him, he is NOT a failure. We did our part. We did what we had to do. We are not the problem with this country. We have to build communities to make CHANGE real change. Social change. We have to stop the divide and become brothers and sisters again. We have to protect our black youth, we have to protect our black children. We have to protect our BLACK WOMEN. We have to stand strong with our Muslim Brothers and Sisters. We have to get behind our immigrants looking for a better living. We have to get INVOLVED.

The KKK ain't shit and ain't been about shit ever. Half of these undercover racist whites ain't that bold. Their numbers are strong, but they're also dwindling.

All those racist coworkers, racist bosses they ain't about shit and they're cowards.

Man, that's all I have to say, all this negativity ain't worth it. And has to stop, now is the time to move forward. Its not the time to admit defeat. Take some time to yourself, dust off and come back. Who we elected did not become president. ITS OKAY. Its happened in the past. We've survived republican presidents. And I know Trump is the least experienced president elect there ever has been. But we need to rise and watch this white fool burn.

I love you all, I know some of ya'll don't know me or what I'm about, but I have always had the best intentions for my people. We'll pull through, we are stronger than this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I needed this

shingi70

Banned

You say that, but Mike Pence as president would be so much worse, if that's possible.

Daingurse

I gotta through a Trump presidency as a black male. This is fucking terrifying guys. Remember all the "Law and Order" shit? His stance on stop and Frisk? Jesus Christ. And our Suprme Court is fucked for a goddamn GENERATION!!!! I'm so fucking livid.

Daingurse

I'm so glad that I have the next 3 days off.......
You're so lucky. Today I'm going to be fucking surrounded by people I know voted for Trump. I need this job, and I have to deal with these people on a day to day basis, so I'm just going to have to deal with it. Shit is going to be so draining, already dreading going in today.

Condolences America. Welcome to the Hunger Games.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Billy-D_Approves.gif

You're so lucky. Today I'm going to be fucking surrounded by people I know voted for Trump. I need this job, and I have to deal with these people on a day to day basis, so I'm just going to have to deal with it. Shit is going to be so draining, already dreading going in today.

I'm a little afraid to walk to work today.

Good morning,

I'm willing to put in the work. But I gotta be honest with you, my patience with White straight Liberals has about worn out.

I'd rather do work for the most vunerable among us. Fuck everyone else.

But I have a feeling we'll have to "unify" to really be affective.

So in the 1930s, my great grandfather held off the Klan from his front porch. His son had been messing with a white woman and once it got found out, there was going to be blood. I mention this story because he overcame overwhelming odds. Though they had the power and greater numbers, they were cowards. They weren't willing to die. My great grandfather was.

We will endure. We will grow stronger. We will make our voices heard. Do not back down

Onemic

Everyone took the election as a big fucking joke and didnt pay attention to what happened in the UK. It was a clear warning. I still remember gaffers asking for people to get banned who even mentioned the similarities. Guess we were right.

Im really surprised that white women voted for Trump over Clinton. Or maybe I shouldnt be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom