• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Anyone else follow a lot of folks who do work for black liberation? You know intellectuals and black revolutionaries. Because I know a few whom I respect but I don't know how to navigate these spaces. This trend for having a "woke off" especially during an election...these ideology purists who choose to abstain from voting or guys like that clown ass Marc lamont hill who voted for Jill stein, being mad at them, mad at just how pragmatism and the democrats have failed us. Mad at how white people were cutting the fuck up to support a bigot. It's all just too much. I feel I'm stuck somewhere between pragmatism and mobilizing on sime revolutionart shit.

I need some escapism. Gonna get back into sfv or gta or something.

TheSun

This year proved that the unpredictable can happen. That swings both ways. There is always hope and good that can sneak up on us no matter how bad it may look.

I say, that despite all the apathy and complacency from certain areas during the election, these years will be a reality check for them.

We will not go easy on those in power. I believe despite all this that there are too many rational folk to let it be. A lot of them just needed said reality check.

Bit of a ramble, apologies.

Malyse

PSA!
Space Jam is returning to theaters, but the movie in your memories is much better than the actual film. Give it a pass.

Infinite

Yes. I'm sure that's not what he was getting at though.

You can throw yourself a pity party, just don't overstay your welcome.
the nigga just got elected, its rather premature for this message. right now people are confused and upset and they ought to be.

Well the whole GAF is some sort of liberal welcoming community facade has finally lifted.

OT is just full of folk falling over themselves to blame the democrats focusing on minorities and their rights for why they lost and that they should be pushed aside (because they'll vote left anyway) in order to focus on what really matters white folk....

All it took was a racist to win and the overton windows here has shifted immeasurably.

AJLma

I wonder what these poor white folks will do once they realize Trump manipulated their emotions to get their vote.

Sch1sm

I wonder what these poor white folks will do once they realize Trump manipulated their emotions to get their vote.

I wonder how they'll feel when they realize he's not for the poor of any race, and they still ain't shit to him 'cause they don't have a dime.

Well the whole GAF is some sort of liberal welcoming community facade has finally lifted.

OT is just full of folk falling over themselves to blame the democrats focusing on minorities and their rights for why they lost and that they should be pushed aside (because they'll vote left anyway) in order to focus on what really matters white folk....

All it took was a racist to win and the overton windows here has shifted immeasurably.

yea i know i shouldnt be shocked but it's incredible the amount of ppl coming out the woodworks just to hate and gloat.
--
and ive been seeing a few post like this on twitter :(

Let's be honest, they'll double down on the hate and find a way to further blame minorities.

Also, and this comparison might possibly be in bad taste, but I've been thinking about this election in terms of victimization of minorities and other underprivileged groups. And obviously my first thought it, white people fucking things up for everyone else. But then, I started thinking "Well maybe minorities should have shown up more. Being more vocal about how bad Trump would be for us. Maybe we're partially to blame"

And then I thought, this must be similar to women who are victims of assaults and somehow blame themselves. It was an idea I never understood, how the victim could possibly think they're even partially responsible

loving all these people comin out with how Hillary shouldn't have called them deplorables and it wasn't all about racism xenophobia and sexism

ha

Do Better

This year proved that the unpredictable can happen. That swings both ways. There is always hope and good that can sneak up on us no matter how bad it may look.

I know that you are right, but my apathy and cynicism is at an all time high right now for many reasons.

I don't mean to sound depressing. It's more like I just want to look out for myself and the few people I'm close to.

Sch1sm

Love how the major concern of people on this forum is how much/how little emotion Clinton showed during her concession speech.

Imm0rt4l

Love how the major concern of people on this forum is how much/how little emotion Clinton showed during her concession speech.
Motherfuckers always want to tone police women. It's damned if you do damned if you don't. Better to be or seem hardened rather than emotional, otherwise you get all the sexist bullshit about women being inherently unfit for office because hormones.

AJLma

Let's be honest, they'll double down on the hate and find a way to further blame minorities.

Also, and this comparison might possibly be in bad taste, but I've been thinking about this election in terms of victimization of minorities and other underprivileged groups. And obviously my first thought it, white people fucking things up for everyone else. But then, I started thinking "Well maybe minorities should have shown up more. Being more vocal about how bad Trump would be for us. Maybe we're partially to blame"

And then I thought, this must be similar to women who are victims of assaults and somehow blame themselves. It was an idea I never understood, how the victim could possibly think they're even partially responsible

We just learned that in reality, the urban population("blue states", big cities) are barely even part of the conversation. Emotional wallowing in broken democracy politics, and continuing to pretend to be a part of this conversation is a big part of the reason why our people have so little power and influence, we give it up for trust in this system that is obviously not in our best interests. In my opinion, it's time to stop thinking about the result and start thinking about the circumstances that led to it, and start thinking about what we're going to change going forward.

Just think about the role the media has played in this election since Day 1, they built him up, couldn't resist the money he generated, promoted his hate, then at the last second they tried to bring him down. Trump wasn't lying when he said they were trying to rig it against him. If you've believed anything in the media over the past 4 months, then this election was in the bag for Hillary, Trump had no chance, "deplorables", racists, sexual assaulter, China, WW3, nuclear codes, Russian hacking. Obviously none of that shit meant anything. The media was throwing shit at the wall the entire time in favor of Clinton.

I hope this is a wake up call to black people to get focused and hopefully pull back from their trust in the system a bit more. Trump is talking about big tax breaks on corporations, small business owners and the middle class, I have a feeling a lot of black people are going to be asleep again or simply out of position to receive whatever benefits of policies Trump puts forward that might actually help people build.

Stay optimistic y'all, he hasn't laid down the plans for the racial apocalypse just yet.

Malyse

tumblr_ogd7ydpjYc1qkahsbo1_1280.jpg

America's first Latina senator.

TheSun

I know that you are right, but my apathy and cynicism is at an all time high right now for many reasons.

I don't mean to sound depressing. It's more like I just want to look out for myself and the few people I'm close to.

Don't worry, I understand.

While a shock, we can rebound. May be harder than usual but it is absolutely possible.

The vibe in here has drastically changed and I'm not about that life. Neither should you be.

First of all... Good Morning,

My fellow blacks and browns, my mixed PoC, my nonblack PoC, my white allies. We need to take a step back and look at these results with realism. Racism is not gone, is far from gone and America hasn't done much to fix it, we KNEW this, but gave them the benefit of the doubt. We have to rise up to this occasion with dignity. We've always had to work twice as hard than the average white man, be twice as smart. We can not let this toxic hate, defeat us, we can not let this destroy OUR black history. Our ancestors have been through too damn much to let this break us. We had a black president that did his BEST to fix the fuck ups of the white man. And IMO he was as successful as he could have been in his situation.

Trump is NOT a failure. If you did not vote for him, he is NOT a failure. We did our part. We did what we had to do. We are not the problem with this country. We have to build communities to make CHANGE real change. Social change. We have to stop the divide and become brothers and sisters again. We have to protect our black youth, we have to protect our black children. We have to protect our BLACK WOMEN. We have to stand strong with our Muslim Brothers and Sisters. We have to get behind our immigrants looking for a better living. We have to get INVOLVED.

The KKK ain't shit and ain't been about shit ever. Half of these undercover racist whites ain't that bold. Their numbers are strong, but they're also dwindling.

All those racist coworkers, racist bosses they ain't about shit and they're cowards.

Man, that's all I have to say, all this negativity ain't worth it. And has to stop, now is the time to move forward. Its not the time to admit defeat. Take some time to yourself, dust off and come back. Who we elected did not become president. ITS OKAY. Its happened in the past. We've survived republican presidents. And I know Trump is the least experienced president elect there ever has been. But we need to rise and watch this white fool burn.

I love you all, I know some of ya'll don't know me or what I'm about, but I have always had the best intentions for my people. We'll pull through, we are stronger than this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Imma go ahead and boost this again. Cause this thread... Still.

Dai101

Banned
I can't really deal with all the bullshit spreaded in this suppoused liberal leaning forum. It only took one racist sunofabitch to reveal the true face of this so called liberals.

Gordon, hermano, i'll miss you and everyone of this community.

Peace out.

I can't really deal with all the bullshit spreaded in this suppoused liberal leaning forum. It only took one racist sunofabitch to reveal the true face of this so called liberals.

Peace out.
No matter the liberal slant, NeoGaf is still a gaming site.

Stay safe.

Mizerman

Peace out.

Well, I can't blame you if decide to leave. Be easy.

Infinite

Peace out.

peace man.

Peace out.

It's been a blast getting to interact with you brother.

Peace out.
I'm sorry to hear this brother. I hope you'll return at a much more positive time.

Peace out.

You'll be missed sir. Always enjoyed your input. May we meet on PSN

M52B28

Banned
don't sit an wallow in it, just live your life. Do the shit you love
Yep.

I'm purging people I know who didn't vote from my life. I'm just gonna keep moving as much as I can.

Kicking it with a couple classmates BBQing in a art studio. Just gonna chill out and not let this get to me like many other people.

Peace out.
Peace brother, you'll be missed.

Malyse

Peace out.
Go to that other site. It can always use a few more folk.

I just have to say again how much y'all have become part of my family, some of you here I care more for than most of my friends in my day to day life.

If I can do anything for y'all please ask.

I love you all so very very much

Peace out.

Adios, mi amigo. T.T

I still can't believe this shit happened to us man. And some white people are already getting bold with their words.

I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I can't wake up from.

Sch1sm

Peace out.

See you, Dai. Stay safe. ❤️

Go to that other site. It can always use a few more folk.

Forgot about that place. Just reset my password and rolled back. Can't handle the state of this place at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom