• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do blame the media a great deal. They spent so much time catering to Trump's fuckery that he looked "charming" compared to Hillary who's coverage was surrounded by baseless EMAILS paranoia. Comey screwed Hillary and I think the media played a great deal into her downfall as well.

Most of all, I blame everyone who swore up and down that the generation of deplorables was dwindling in numbers. That racism and sexism was over. That SJW's didn't know what they were talking about and that we needed to stop talking about race.

You know what's fucked.... Gamergate was a fucking warning shot...

I don't think anyone is leaving permanently, but I won't fault people for wanting to take a small break what with all the bullshit that's going on in OT.

I'm just not going in there.

Infinite

I do blame the media a great deal. They spent so much time catering to Trump's fuckery that he looked "charming" compared to Hillary who's coverage was surrounded by baseless EMAILS paranoia. Comey screwed Hillary and I think the media played a great deal into her downfall as well.

Most of all, I blame everyone who swore up and down that the generation of deplorables was dwindling in numbers. That racism and sexism was over. That SJW's didn't know what they were talking about and that we needed to stop talking about race.
The sad thing is these same people was telling us how we shouldn't coddle college students and their sjw ways but telling us today to coddle bigots

Sch1sm

A hug would be just lovely now

GIF courtesy of Shy:

tumblr_mznf1dS1An1rgi7odo1_400.gif

Is this the dawn of a new BCT? Welcome to the thread all newcomers, we need y'all more than ever.

My mom warned me not to be surprised if Trump won, implying that they're were a lot more secret racists in this country than I imagined. We have come so far, but there is so much more to go. I am so grateful that I live in Massachusetts, but I pray for any of you guys living down south, or in swing states. Stay strong. 💪 💪 💪

D i Z

People are bouncing like roaches when the lights cut on?

So much for standing by your convictions and grace in the face of adversity (if you can even call posturing on a gaming site adversity).
Avoiding OT is a simple as not clicking on it. If you post anywhere on the web, you are literally right next door from OT still. But what you're telling everyone is that you weren't about shit if you can't even hold down your own spot.

So be it.

So much for standing by your convictions and grace in the face of adversity (if you can even call posturing on a gaming site adversity).

So be it.

If you're talking about BCT members not wanting to deal with OT bullshit anymore-

tumblr_ma44wvUGCg1rode1oo1_400.gif

D i Z

Crocodile

Well the whole GAF is some sort of liberal welcoming community facade has finally lifted.

OT is just full of folk falling over themselves to blame the democrats focusing on minorities and their rights for why they lost and that they should be pushed aside (because they'll vote left anyway) in order to focus on what really matters white folk....

All it took was a racist to win and the overton windows here has shifted immeasurably.

I haven't touched OT all day and I probably won't for a few days until those threads die.

tumblr_ogd7ydpjYc1qkahsbo1_1280.jpg

America's first Latina senator.

I'm so glad she won - one of the few highlights of the night.

I feel bad for Hilary. She put in work and got rolled over by a racist cheeto. She gonna be up at night.

Seriously. She's probably done in politics after this. The universe just took a dump on her face.

I can't really deal with all the bullshit spreaded in this suppoused liberal leaning forum. It only took one racist sunofabitch to reveal the true face of this so called liberals.

Gordon, hermano, i'll miss you and everyone of this community.

Peace out.

Take care of yourself. Hopefully we see you again and soon.

Can't get over more latinos voting for Trump than Mitt Romney.

I think those are exit polls so its hard to say how accurate those are but still, that's some fuckery

To those that voted, thanks.

To those that refused, side eye.

To those that voted for him, fuck out my face.

We will overcome

Agreed

Poor white folk turned to rich man from New York as their savior. Racism really brings people together.

Fun Fact: Poor people voted overwhelming for Clinton,

We've spent the last 8 years paying for electing a Black president and this was the grand finale. The coup de grace. The finishing move. The final blow. Whatever you wanna call it.

Four years is a long time, y'all. All we can do is hope the damage is contained, and try to take care of ourselves and our loved ones.

Reconstruction > Jim Crow
Civil Right > "War on Drugs"
Obama > Trump

History keeps repeating itself

Avoiding OT is a simple as not clicking on it. If you post anywhere on the web, you are literally right next door from OT still. But what you're telling everyone is that you weren't about shit if you can't even hold down your own spot.

So be it.

Fun fact I don't post anywhere else because it's so toxic...

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
You know what's fucked.... Gamergate was a fucking warning shot...

I'm just not going in there.

It was. It truly was. But we continue to have people believing these monsters are a minority in the world.

Guess what folks! They aren't.

Ignoring them and pretending they don't exist fuels them. You know what else does? Keeping silent and allowing them to flourish. This country needed this to happen. For this reason alone.

The sad thing is these same people was telling us how we shouldn't coddle college students and their sjw ways but telling us today to coddle bigots

Because many of them underestimated the deplorables. They truly believed they were miniscule in the country.

It is this naivety that spurred many to ignore our reasons for deciding against teaching racists. To agree that BLM is a terrorist group and that it's OK for the media to cover it as such. To pretend what happened to Anita and Zoe was a rarity or that everyone gets harassed so what's the big deal? To make excuses for the lack of LGBT characters. To think Asians should be the punchline for jokes and that it's ok for ScarJo to be the Major. To care less about the Native American population being put in fucking kennels for trying to protect their land.

There's been a lot more examples.

These people truly don't realize how seriously this country is fucked. And everyone thought these anti-groups were separate from each other. Wrong.

So be it.

Naw, not me with that, I said I will unequivocally do my part. I could easily stay my ass in Canada but I won't I'll still ride my ass down in America, I won't pass white. I don't and never did get down with the gaming side. I will always visit BCT until its shut down. (Not saying its going to be). I will argue any blackface thread until I'm blue faced. I will still educate these fake suspiciously "ignorant" white folk into oblivion about the importance of Black America.

I can't deny I'm shook by these results. The posts that started showing up in here and outside in OT about people wanting to kill themselves upset me to my core. I can't deny I'm afraid and it would be so easy for me to just assimilate. But I won't, I would like for us to all discuss what we can do to get black people to protect each other, to get Latinos to trust in themselves and stop washing away their culture to the white mass, to stop being so against each other get all allies in the same boat for a change and make this man a one term president.

D i Z

Fun fact I don't post anywhere else because it's so toxic...

There isn't really any reason to post out there right now unless you're looking for scalps, or letting it all soak in. Sitting in the fire can help to clear out some of our most naive expectations. But in groups like this site, it can also make most more inflexible and unable to cope.

Numb

Watching Insecure to pass it
Wild
Jidenna
shows up. Gonna be the new T.I with these surprise visits

Sch1sm

Not abandoning BCT on you, Kid. Not one bit. We're all here for each other. Just annoying that we feel sorta stuck to this box.

D i Z

Naw, not me with that, I said I will unequivocally do my part. I could easily stay my ass in Canada but I won't I'll still ride my ass down in America, I won't pass white. I don't and never did get down the the gaming side. I will always visit BCT until its shut down. (Not saying its going to be). I will argue any blackface thread until I'm blue faced. I will still educate these fake suspiciously "ignorant" white folk into oblivion about the importance of Black America.

I can't deny I'm shook by these results. The posts that started showing up in here and outside in OT about people wanting to kill themselves upset me to my core. I can't deny I'm afraid and it would be so easy for me to just assimilate. But I won't, I would like for us to all discuss what we can do to get black people to protect each other, to get Latinos to trust in themselves and stop washing away their culture to the white mass, to stop being so against each other get all allies in the same boat for a change and make this man a one term president.

We'll get there. Right now it seems that people a reaching for safety blankets and games to hide inside of instead of researching what went wrong in their own backyards, or picking up a book, or figuring out how to open their yaps to the people around them about what they have done. But we'll get there.

Not abandoning BCT on you, Kid. Not one bit. We're all here for each other. Just annoying that we feel sorta stuck to this box.

Agreed.

And please people. More of this, and less of the Chicken Little guest starring in an episode of Scooby Doo bit.

Shy

DDMjMca.gif

stay safe
You too my brother, you too.
I can't really deal with all the bullshit spreaded in this suppoused liberal leaning forum. It only took one racist sunofabitch to reveal the true face of this so called liberals.

Gordon, hermano, i'll miss you and everyone of this community.

Peace out.
Take care and stay safe.
EDIT: also is there a BCT Overwatch group on PC?
I know a few of us play it on PC.

I play it (not nearly enough) but mostly on my own, because of my crippling shyness. (no pun intended)
4yrs isn't long
Not at all. I mean How much could he do in that time
The republicans controls all branches of government. Any and all legislation you care about will be undone.
He will appoint one, or more Supreme court judges.
ohhh. AND HE NOW HAS ACCESS TO NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODES. which as President, he can use at his own discretion.

Sch1sm

My productivity has been shot to shit, though. I usually have 2k words and then some for my NaNo novel. Managed 50 this morning. Tried playing a game, but I wasn't feeling it. Gonna try a more zen puzzler when I get home from work today.

What's everyone else up to?

D i Z

My productivity has been shot to shit, though. I usually have 2k words and then some for my NaNo novel. Managed 50 this morning. Tried playing a game, but I wasn't feeling it. Gonna try a more zen puzzler when I get home from work today.

Went out to stretch my legs for a bit but it's over 90 degrees here and hills in every direction. Checking in on the Train Accident in Croydon (seven dead, 50 injured). One of my cousins checked in to let folks know that she is safe. Getting my MMO on in spurts between doing just about everything else.

Sch1sm

Went out to stretch my legs for a bit but it's over 90 degrees here and hills in every direction. Checking in on the Train Accident in Croydon (seven dead, 50 injured). One of my cousins checked in to let folks know that she is safe. Getting my MMO on in spurts between doing just about everything else.

Ah. Glad to hear your family is safe, and prayers to those lost and injured. What MMO, if you don't mind my asking?

andthebeatgoeson

Agreed.

And please people. More of this, and less of the Chicken Little guest starring in an episode of Scooby Doo bit.
Again, people are just curious about alternatives. I've been there and it would be better with more volume and diverse opinions. People have time to contribute without leaving so i don't see an exodus.

Just interest. There is nothing keeping people here except the members and their contributions. Over time, GAF looks a certain way.

That's not chicken little. That's self care. But i may be misinterpreting what you are saying.

Numb

Eating Danish cookies and watching Kpop
Don't judge it's freezing outside

When I'm frustrated I go work on a car, finished doing some adjustments. Currently taking a break from STO, may jump into BF1 a little later, hungry for some tacos carne asada right about now.

Malyse

Ayup!

I was going to look for artists.
I was going to write.
I was going to rebuild my website.
I was not going to be depressed and anxious.

Guess how that turned out?

I think I might give one of these moe trash games a go. Or read comics.

Sch1sm

Eating Danish cookies and watching Kpop
Don't judge it's freezing outside

No judgement. When we had a recent cold spell, I spent every day off indoors consuming some pretty trash media between playing games. Plus, Danish cookies are great, dot sleep. 👀

I've gotten a lot of things done at work on one hour of sleep. Adrenaline, I guess. Gotta hit the gym after work. Pick up some Moe's on the way home.

Yeah, it's pretty much a one or the other. Last night I was doing plenty while waiting for the results. Gotta just try and do things as normally as possible so long as it's allowed.

When I'm frustrated I go work on a car, finished doing some adjustments. Currently taking a break from STO, may jump into BF1 a little later, hungry for some tacos carne asada right about now.

Reminds me that I need to pick up BF1. Meant to Monday before last, but I've been sorta screwed since my reimbursement at school hasn't come in yet. Something about my college within my university being -11k in debt if everyone (vendors, council members, other colleges, etc) they owe cashed in. Think I'm gonna just bite anyway for something to do.

Ayup!

I was going to look for artists.
I was going to write.
I was going to rebuild my website.
I was not going to be depressed and anxious.

Guess how that turned out?

I think I might give one of these moe trash games a go. Or read comics.

Moe trash ain't good for the sooooul.

Maybe try doing the website. At least start with a skeleton. That's what I did for a lab assignment for my programming class last night when I couldn't think straight enough to write anything intensive. Could make you feel like you've managed something.

Comics are always a good choice, though.

So be it.

I'm just worried now about the current state of GAF now. In a matter of moments, shit got crazy. I'll stay here, but also see how that other site is, out of curiosity. But damn if this isn't some shit man.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Le sigh...

If I got more sleep I would be more enthusiastic about writing or even painting my nails. I'll try again tomorrow.

First time I've laughed today was at Joel Embiid's tweet

"America is tanking, all we can do is trust the process!!"

LMAO!

Hopefully we get a number 1 draft pick four years from now. This is gonna be a long season :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom