• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
No more holding back. If this is how it's going to be from this point forward, just know I'm ready for it.

I can't really deal with all the bullshit spreaded in this suppoused liberal leaning forum. It only took one racist sunofabitch to reveal the true face of this so called liberals.

Gordon, hermano, i'll miss you and everyone of this community.

Peace out.

Take care... 😔

Time to stop lurking like the shy quiet kid in class and officially join.
I'm still shy
Where you're from - New Jersey
Where you live - Still in town in NJ. Doubt I'll leave anytime soon
What is your age? - 22
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Both of my parents are immigrants from Haiti. I have a big family out here just from my mother's side
Do you know your roots -Unfortunately my knowledge stops at my grandparents
Favorite musical genre - Probably Hip Hop but I listen to other genres
Your profession/major/career interest - Marine Corps Reserve out in Brooklyn. Gonna go back and finish college. (And hopefully find a real job)
Your religious affiliation - Baptist
Hobbies - Games, working Out, comics, and TV/Movies
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -Didn't really grow up on any of that but Popeyes I guess since I've been there the most
Marvel or DC? - Both really
Favorite superhero? - Batman/Spider-Man but I got favorites
Anime or Nah? - Anime
Favorite sport and team? - NY Giants since they took the NJ Nets Away
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Lion King
What's your favorite video game and genre? -Too many to list
Scary and uncertain times but take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Real talk, I'm going to take a lot of this energy and do some more awesome s***. Bust my ass more on projects and go after these jobs and put out good vibes. I also need to get more involved.

Malyse

tumblr_obswjgrBTx1rvzrnqo1_1280.png

This site would be?

This piques my curiousity as well.
EDIT: also is there a BCT Overwatch group on PC?

I would like to know too.

Dy ain't shit it seems. I'll get y'all in a minute/.

Numb

I can't really deal with all the bullshit spreaded in this suppoused liberal leaning forum. It only took one racist sunofabitch to reveal the true face of this so called liberals.

Peace out.

Take care man and stay safe

LotusHD

Banned
This is the first time that I'm just listening to Obama speak, and I'm like "Not today man. Just not today..." Nothing can console me for the foreseeable future.

Malyse

Can I get in too?

GAF that I felt so at home in just feels scary now.

This one here man, I would like in.

I wouldn't mind taking a look.

I mind as well.

Yeah, which site are you talking about?

Yeah I'm curious

Got you.

Are you serious?

Yeah, I have questions.

-----

Chris Evans is slowly evolving into Steve Rogers.
https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/796391264480595968

Let's be honest, they'll double down on the hate and find a way to further blame minorities.

Also, and this comparison might possibly be in bad taste, but I've been thinking about this election in terms of victimization of minorities and other underprivileged groups. And obviously my first thought it, white people fucking things up for everyone else. But then, I started thinking "Well maybe minorities should have shown up more. Being more vocal about how bad Trump would be for us. Maybe we're partially to blame"

And then I thought, this must be similar to women who are victims of assaults and somehow blame themselves. It was an idea I never understood, how the victim could possibly think they're even partially responsible

That's my bet.

LionPride

Banned

Peace out.

Imma miss you bro

BlackJace

What a weird day. Most of my classes have been canceled by my professors, and I'm just sitting in my room wondering what in the hell happened.

RedSwirl

I'm not gonna try to figure out which one of the OT reaction threads I'm gonna post my thoughts in so here:

I think a lot of this was reaction to economic distress (the economy being up but those returns not making it to people like rust belt voters and whatnot). Other factors too, but I'm gonna focus on that for now. I remember reading that people in England after Brexit said "we have to try something else, I don't know what, but something else." He's not the "Make America Great Again" candidate so much as the chaos candidate. I don't think the people who voted Trump on promises of rejiggering the economy are going to care as much as we think if/when the global economy tanks. I think many of them feel they have nothing left to loose. Some may even gloat if the cities and suburbs end up being pulled down to their level. Of course though they probably aren't thinking about the poor working class people in cities who potentially have the most to lose here.

I haven't really gone in this thread much but I might start too now.

All I can say is this is a surreal day. It's like you think you know someone and then they show their true colors.

I really want a drink now.

Nudull

Banned
I don't know who I'm more angry at, the media for not taking a stand or internet meme culture for normalizing all this hate and bullshit.

EDIT: I'd like a PM too.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I haven't really gone in this thread much but I might start too now.

All I can say is this is a surreal day. It's like you think you know someone and then they show their true colors.

I really want a drink now.

By "someone" do you mean "America?"

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I don't know who I'm more angry at, the media for not taking a stand or internet meme culture for normalizing all this hate and bullshit.

EDIT: I'd like a PM too.

I do blame the media a great deal. They spent so much time catering to Trump's fuckery that he looked "charming" compared to Hillary who's coverage was surrounded by baseless EMAILS paranoia. Comey screwed Hillary and I think the media played a great deal into her downfall as well.

Most of all, I blame everyone who swore up and down that the generation of deplorables was dwindling in numbers. That racism and sexism was over. That SJW's didn't know what they were talking about and that we needed to stop talking about race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom