• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's talk about...what is there to talk about? And no not the election!! It's over and done with. Nothing we can do now.

Hmmm....ah. So, what are you guys playing lately? I got back into Def Jam: Fight for NY and it's still as good as ever. Also Streetfighting was the best fighting style (dat haymaker), D-Mob was a boss and Crow was a straight busta. Nuff said.

D i Z

Ah. Glad to hear your family is safe, and prayers to those lost and injured. What MMO, if you don't mind my asking?

Neverwinter.

Again, people are just curious about alternatives. I've been there and it would be better with more volume and diverse opinions. People have time to contribute without leaving so i don't see an exodus.

Just interest. There is nothing keeping people here except the members and their contributions. Over time, GAF looks a certain way.

That's not chicken little. That's self care. But i may be misinterpreting what you are saying.

Yeah, that's not really what I'm saying. I'm actually on the other site, being curious isn't a big deal. But we ain't handing out awards for the best doom and gloom impressions. That's the chicken little part. We've been through worse than this. I'm saying that the pity party clock has run out. Time to collect ourselves and get to work.

LionPride

Banned
I'm honestly excited. I'm 17, I'm young as shit and still have the energy to fight. My family went through Slavery, the Trail of Tears, Jim Crow, Reagan, Nixon, Clinton, Bush Sr. and W. I'll live through a Trump presidency.

Fuck so much of GAF tho

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Anyone ever played F.E.A.R. or Condemned? I'm interested in getting them both especially Condemned series. F.E.A.R a little less so but with a few games I like being FP I want to get used to it.

Numb

So let's talk about...what is there to talk about? And no not the election!! It's over and done with. Nothing we can do now.

Hmmm....ah. So, what are you guys playing lately? I got back into Def Jam: Fight for NY and it's still as good as ever. Also Streetfighting was the best fighting style (dat haymaker), D-Mob was a boss and Crow was a straight busta. Nuff said.

SFV still
Tried Civ6 at homies for a sec and 10hrs passed.This why i stay away from these things.Destroyed Egypt and felt real bad seeing Cleopatra
tumblr_inline_oe0plnAmnU1r3xanj_100.png
. Why did she have to talk shit

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So what's with the mods seeming to close every other election related thread without explanation? I can't even figure out where to get an answer

Most of them are duplicates from people spending five seconds in the middle of their anxiety attack to hiccup out a thread. People should be able to have all sorts of conversations about the election, but the forum is a forum, not a megaphone, so we don't want a bunch of people speaking and no one listening. If there's a specific thread that you think that ought not to have been locked--and you're sure because you've looked for duplicates--then PM a mod.

LionPride

Banned
Anyone ever played F.E.A.R. or Condemned? I'm interested in getting them both especially Condemned series. F.E.A.R a little less so but with a few games I like being FP I want to get used to it.
Condemned is an interesting series. Rage Bear is the best tho

Numb

Long ago. Condemned is some real scary stuff
Played F.E.3.R Co-op. Not nearly as scary

I remember playing Condemned:CO back when I was in college. The mannequin chapter was one of the best and most frightening things I've ever seen in horror gaming. Nothing to this date IMO has beat it.

Sch1sm

SFV. Replaying Until Dawn. Going through Refunct, LYNE, Sokobond, and Circuts on Steam. Those last 3 are solid puzzlers, for anyone who's into the sort. Circuits is even more music based, so I love it.

I'm honestly excited. I'm 17, I'm young as shit and still have the energy to fight. My family went through Slavery, the Trail of Tears, Jim Crow, Reagan, Nixon, Clinton, Bush Sr. and W. I'll live through a Trump presidency.

Fuck so much of GAF tho

Just gotta keep that spirit. ✊🏽

I've played both. Condemned is by far my preferred of the lot, something about the sounds put it over F.E.A.R titles for me. Atmosphere was worlds better, and for the genre, that's a big check to cross.

I've got a pie right here you can eat. It's chocolate too.

Untitled-Image1-e1357915815349.png

Mizerman

Watching wrestling videos on youtube is good at distracting me. By tonight, I can get some focus back to myself and keep moving.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Thanks guys. I'm definitely feeling the Condemned. I have already watched a let's play for both Criminal Origins and Bloodshot (without commentary ofc) and I love it. The characters, the plot, the atmosphere and the way it's played is extremely well done imo. I'll need to play for myself but I really like how weapons and health are handled and the freaky ass creatures... lol

The whole series seems inspired to me. I like the setting a lot more than I thought I would.

We need another game like this so bad, psh well, I do. As far as what I'm playing its a mix, BF1, STO and nba2k17. Thinking about buying hitman complete season. Not sure yet.

Mizerman

Def Jam: Vendetta and Fight for NY was the shit. Icon was just plain old shit.

Zekes!

So I'm finally up to the Freeza saga in the Dragon Ball manga

The nostalgia is hitting in waves. I've been loving the pacing of the manga way more than the anime, whose drawn out fights are infamous

Village

Ayup!

I was going to look for artists.
I was going to write.
I was going to rebuild my website.
I was not going to be depressed and anxious.

Guess how that turned out?

I think I might give one of these moe trash games a go. Or read comics.

I've been drawing hypothetical outfits for sf characters, its relaxing me.

LotusHD

Banned
Been listening to A Seat at the Table and TLAB back-to-back the entire day. Presumably I'll be listening to it quite often over the next 4 years.

Thank whomever that this work day is over.
-----------------
Evenin fools! Hope your day went well, all things considering.

Knicks are on tonight!
Whack there's no PS4 pro deals..

What's going on with all y'all

Aeana

I don't think anyone is leaving permanently, but I won't fault people for wanting to take a small break what with all the bullshit that's going on in OT.
I haven’t been reading the forum all day because I’m just not in the mood, but someone pointed this out to me and it’s got me wondering: what’s going on that’s got people so upset? I really don’t want people feeling like they can’t enjoy this place if there’s anything I can do about it.

I haven’t been reading the forum all day because I’m just not in the mood, but someone pointed this out to me and it’s got me wondering: what’s going on that’s got people so upset? I really don’t want people feeling like they can’t enjoy this place if there’s anything I can do about it.

A lot of calls to abandon the overt fight for black and minority rights because "they'll vote Dem anyway" in favour of focusing on white folk.

Like less than 24hours to blame minorities for losing this election.

Izuna

Banned
Overwatch free weekend is something that I recommend everyone jump into.

My bro is suggesting this. I still have it downloaded on my Xbox from the last free weekend.

I just don't see myself wanting to enjoy anything, but it's kinda like losing one's appetite after feeling sick, it's better to force the normal lifestyle.

It's so fucked how, this is completely different to feeling depressed. It's like waking up from a bad dream with no relief that it was just a dream. I'm disappointed in people.

I'm tired of dragging black people on this forum and on social media for not voting and agreeing with Colin Kaep's stance. I can't. I'm tired. I'm too Black for this right now.

ReiGun

I'm tired of dragging black people on this forum and on social media for not voting and agreeing with Colin Kaep's stance. I can't. I'm tired. I'm too Black for this right now.

I can't even get mad at the non-voters because I'm more upset at the Black folk falling over themselves talking about "stop being mad" and "we gotta stay positive, guys."

We just got a very real and scary look at just how much this country hates us and many of our fellow countrymen of different demographics. Fuck niceness right now. People are hurting. Let them have this. Why the fuck can't we let our own be human?

Village

Yo Village what's up? How are things? :D

Drawing hypothetical outfits for sf, characters, sketches atm, but eventually I'll get around to coloring them. I enjoy doodling and anatomy

I probably am going to finish arkham knight today. Well the main game, gonna do all the dlc stuff next.Like the game, but that game does a bit too much and that's where its problem lies.

I might be able to get sf5 on pc in a couple weeks so I can finally start that up. Balrog here I come.

Gonna reup my subscription to ff14 , had to stop for a few days money got tight.

Car is in the shop, gotta fix the breaks.

Listening to this uyama hiroto called freeform jazz

Bout to eat some chicken sausage and potato soup, shits good.

Village

Pics or didn't happen.

E3WoDMw.jpg

Here's hypthetical short haired cammy, its sketch, but theoutfit is based on her old vacation alt from 4. I'm also doing Chun and sakura, as you can see on folder stuff but I have yet to decide what i'm doing to do with chun li's arms and sakura's. I'm gonna just walk away from it for a bit come back and i'll be strait. Taking breaks from art helps, particularly with me figuring out how I want people to pose. Coloring is easy. Or rather, I know whats going on when I get to the color part.

My productivity has been shot to shit, though. I usually have 2k words and then some for my NaNo novel. Managed 50 this morning. Tried playing a game, but I wasn't feeling it. Gonna try a more zen puzzler when I get home from work today.

What's everyone else up to?

Watched a couple episodes of Young Justice and went to work. I need to write too, but I just can't get it together.

Johndoey

Banned
The Infinite Warfare single player is really good. Great even, think it might be my favorite fps campaign of the year.

But I am a sucker for sarcastic robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom