• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Some of y'all are saying avoid the OT, but I'm saying we must go deeper. I spent time scoping out pol and trumps subreddit. I emerged with thicker skin then ever, completely impervious to whatever B.S the OT boys got cooking up.

I don't do reddit but I'm there with you. None of this bothers me. I'm looking out for my minority brothers and sisters.

D i Z

You two don't feel even a little disheartened at how little they listen?

---

Night, y'all. Stay strong, stay safe. :)

Sdl5miJ.gif

You think Putin sniffs his fingers every time he sees a photo of Trump?

R5P1TMq.gif

Nudull

Banned
I feel anxious. I'm knee deep in the south, and I'm already hearing about shit happening in other states. I've had nightmares of KKK fuckers parading all over my neighborhood, looking for brown people.

I feel anxious. I'm knee deep in the south, and I'm already hearing about shit happening in other states. I've had nightmares of KKK fuckers parading all over my neighborhood, looking for brown people.
Tbh, if I were you, I would just plan to move somewhere else in the future.

There has been KKK north of Houston for awhile now, I wonder how much more visible they will be now

RedSwirl

I just thought about this, but is there ever going to be any kind of public forum, online or through any other medium, where regular people from both sides of the isle will be able to have civil discourse?

Facebook is definitely a factor in all this with how people on it withdraw into their own echo chambers filled with alternate realities (Metal Gear Solid 2 kind of predicted this shit in 2001). Personally I hate completely locking out people with viewpoints different than mine. I'm the kind of guy where when I hear an opposing opinion I almost immediately try to understand where that opinion comes from and might try to have a discussion about it. I prefer to keep engaging, at least with a few reasonable ones. But on social media I can definitely see why people just block each other -- they immediately start with the mudslinging. I don't know man. Was there ever a point in this country's history when dems and republicans didn't outright hate each other? I am starting to miss motherfuckers like Bush and McCain to be honest. Was discussion more civil back then? Are we really headed into an era where political discussion is like the WWE?

The best place for civil discussion I can think of would be a moderated forum, but even GAF is a solidly left-leaning chamber (all things considered) with only a few right-leaning posters that don't quickly get banned for slinging shit at other people. I feel like this is a problem someone in Silicon Valley MIGHT think about trying to solve one day. Really, what I've seen in the last few weeks has me really concerned about how much power Facebook has over the national conversation for a single private company. In any other world or era Facebook sounds like something a government would have come up with, or at least something managed by a public agency.

It would actually be good to have some level-headed, right-side posters who can actually have decent conversation and back up what they say. All we have now is Trump's ball cuppers and "super-lefty allies" who only take breaks from shitting on minorities for not being empathetic and selfless like they'll never be to sip Diet Racism (Orange Flavor).

Like, I get it. You have nothing to gain from social justice. Fine.

Don't pretend like you care, and don't ask me to do what you won't.

For as much as these people complain about us being mean to the ignorant, the only thing they really take offense at is the "racist" part. Ignorant, gullible, desperate, uneducated-all that stuff is still fine.

PlayStation email

November 17, 2006 was when we first met, officially.
wimo was your first friend.
And now you have 109 of them!
"Hero of Coventina" was the first trophy you earned.
10414 HOURS of gaming since we last checked.
It's been a lot of fun.

I wish all black NBA and NFL players would just refuse to play during Trumps presidency. Will never ever happen but a fun scenario to think of. I'm going crazy y'all

PK Gaming

I know I shouldn't be complaining since I live in Canada, but it fucking sucks how minorities and especially black people have to go through this garbage right now. As if we didn't have to deal with this sort of bullshit throughout our goddamn existence. Things were supposed to slowly change for the better, not get way worse overnight. I mean the 21st century still kind of sucked for us, but at least we didn't have to deal with this.

After all those years of abuse, that was the deal.

Man I saw that thread about hateful attacks rising since Trump was elected and I am pissed. Just fucking pissed. This is what Trump brought, this is what he created. This is what he brought to the surface. And we get four years of this. Goddamn.

But we gotta reach across the aisle and be understanding right? Hahahhahahah FUCK THAT SHIT!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
"Regardless who you vote for, if the mind don't grow the poverty line won't go."

I need a free at last kit.

I wish all black NBA and NFL players would just refuse to play during Trumps presidency. Will never ever happen but a fun scenario to think of. I'm going crazy y'all

I would be okay with this. Except they have contracts, right?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
How about we get every sport team to take a knee at half time. Baseball, soccer, football, basketball and many others. That would be something.
Half time?

Akeem, is that you?

handjob-eddie-murphy.jpg

Getting them to somehow go on strike would hurt those priveledged pockets. But im not sure how legal that is with players on contracts.

Half time?

Akeem, is that you?

handjob-eddie-murphy.jpg

Getting them to somehow go on strike would hurt those priveledged pockets. But im not sure how legal that is with players on contracts.

The greedy people would find a way to not give money to them. They always do. Even if it requires matrix style dodgings of the fine print in contracts.

Izuna

Banned
I can't deal with the "respect the views of racists" sentiment. While this site is predominantly American, I don't see people calling to respect the views of someone like Duterte just because he's a president.

Man fuck maybe I'm out of touch. I'm salty af and it's not even my own life I'm afraid for.

I can't deal with the "respect the views of racists" sentiment. While this site is predominantly American, I don't see people calling to respect the views of someone like Duterte just because he's a president.

Man fuck maybe I'm out of touch. I'm salty af and it's not even my own life I'm afraid for.

I've been asking people if they would feel the same way about an outspoken anti-white politician and their supporters and no one will give me a straight answer.

Just be honest.

Seriously, this shit is insane! The moment Trump gets elected, it's:

"hahaha, gtfo Browns!" (Yes someone said this shit in the Trump elected thread.)

"Dude, you're a straight racist!!"

"HEY, you gotta respect his opinion! It's his right to voice his views!! No echo chamber, etc."

Yeah, when you have views that could potentially hurt minorities and other people who have been and will be affected by views like this, no political discourse. No reaching across the aisle, no accepting it. A spade is a motherfucking spade, and a racist is a racist. Oh wait, I can't say the r word, that's worse than being an r word!!

You guys weren't kidding about the OT. I might just keep myself invested in the Dragon Ball Super thread for a little bit. The black people beating up a Trump supporter thread was the final straw.

You guys weren't kidding about the OT. I might just keep myself invested in the Dragon Ball Super thread for a little bit. The black people beating up a Trump supporter thread was the final straw.

Oh for fucks sake! On a scale of one to ten, how bad was it? I'm gonna say 12, because those other threads gave me a good indicator that shit is slowly going south.

Edit: Boy howdy, dog whistles. We need more of those around here. Fucking hell. We black people are right to be mad about the result, we deserve too. Protest, speak out and support good causes for equal rights and such, beating up people for voting for Trump won't do nothing but get the racist supporters riled up, say they are now justified and then get innocent people hurt or worse. We're better then this, so let's show that we are.

Nope, not out of touch. A certain subset on this board has been emboldened by Trump's victory, so they're wildin.

As a minority, I am not responsible for trying to educate the ignorant, mostly because education doesn't work on the unwilling. Only when he/she who lacks knowledge desires to transcend his/her state of ignorance can progress be made.

If some blue-collar white man in North Dakota can't find decent work and thinks it's because brown people are stealing his job prospects, I have no business with him, because as long as his mind is closed, reason will bounce off his skull. We have actual studies that show that taking hard-line, extremist stances actually causes changes in brain chemistry and rearranges the brain structure. Literally set-in-your-ways science here.

We're the folk who are systematically discriminated against, blamed, murdered, disenfranchised, ostracized, and marginalized. We have to shoulder all this, walk twice as straight, keep our noses twice as clean, and STILL we have to put on gloves for disreputable people who prefer their own narrow world view to the truth?

No. And again I say, no.

When folk are interested in the truth, that's when we'll let the mutual respect and education begin.

Slayven

Maybe I am just crazy, but I am starting to see it this way. Minorities are use to the struggle, and I think everyone else will now get to experience it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom