• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
B8pjHZz.jpg

full reel

http://imgur.com/a/hAUjD

Shy

I didn't get too far into the first one but it feels like there is an emphasis on verticality. The chaos system is rebalanced and there a lot more pacifist options now. There are a lot of avenues for replaying it with 2 characters and multiple additions to powers. All in all it feels like a proper sequel that while familiar, improves on a bunch of things. I haven't had any egregious issues but there are some technical issues with it.
Ahh. Cool. Thanks for letting me know.

that's what deadpool was copying fuckin finally!

i knew that post credit scene looked familiar i just couldn't remember where it was from

Had to get it told plainly to me by my friend after I saw it. I've only seen Ferris twice in my life

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...licals-voted-overwhelmingly-for-donald-trump/

White evangelicals voted for Trump 81-16. The guy who said, grab them by the pussy. So focused on abortion, they forget marriage, sexual assault, pride, bigotry and a ton of others.

I've never felt so disconnected from Christianity.

Felt disconnected for a long time myself. I'm currently back home for medical procedures and doing the "their house, their rules" thing with my parents meaning mainly attending church. Sunday before the election, our megachurch Baptist pastor, so proud of his diverse flock, all but begged everyone in the congregation to vote Trump because the baby scrapers and homos crept around on the left. My parents are only slightly progressive; save for my mom, an African and a stone cold, Republican voting bigot when it comes to homosexuals and akata (what Nigerians refer to African Americans as), at least thinking that a man who talks openly about sexual assault shouldn't be near a tv in the first place. But a few days after and they're already semi-rationalizing it with the same BS rhetoric that people said and continue to say about how Trump might just be different. Almost burst out of my skin when I heard the words come from their mouths. Even educated Christians will convince themselves to sign on to be led by a monster who goes against all their morals as long as he scares them with the down turn of society sufficiently enough.

M52B28

Banned
I'm done trying to call people out. I'm exhausted of all humans and the internet.

I'm just going to drink all day and submerse my face into books. I started having spasms and couldn't even open my mouth due to the stress. Had a really bad breakdown in front of my class and club.

Man. This is no good.

What a day got a crazy white girls number and then beat this thing in Warframe I haven't been able to in 2 years, gambino joint, caught up on my find a unknown (to me) new artist I've been doing for every day this year

The only thing any of us, any of us can do now is save our energy and keep moving. It's all we can do, it's the only thing we can do.

I'm going back to worrying about helping my mom with the bills and Christmas shopping for my family. I can't let this destroy me, I just can't.

junpei

i saw a confederate flag for the first time in my life today . it was bumper sticker but it was there clear as day right next to a trump pence bumper sticker . I live in Connecticut which is traditional a blue state . what really sucks is that this bigot is one of my neighbors. this guy are really feeling themselves right about now

Izuna

Banned
Why didn't anyone tell me there was a mass movement of paid protesters? Someone fill me in so I can get them checks.

how much money would you take to be on the front lines of justice

probably none

--

Man, I love Chicken Salad Sandwiches even though I hate Mayonnaise. I dunno, it's just too tasty and it's the only thing I can eat with it. But fuck... sometimes they go way too hard on the Mayonnaise.

there should be warning labels for this shit

how much money would you take to be on the front lines of justice

probably none

--

Man, I love Chicken Salad Sandwiches even though I hate Mayonnaise. I dunno, it's just too tasty and it's the only thing I can eat with it. But fuck... sometimes they go way too hard on the Mayonnaise.

there should be warning labels for this shit

its always depends on the amount of mayo to make a sandwich. A good sweep of mayo is fine, a bit more is okay. But just throw a glob of it and it ruins the whole thing.

Izuna

Banned
its always depends on the amount of mayo to make a sandwich. A good sweep of mayo is fine, a bit more is okay. But just throw a glob of it and it ruins the whole thing.

I'm not in the mood to test Mayonnaise in anything else. Usually, if detect it in something, even if I got a KFC burger as a gift, that shit is going straight in the trash.

I guess I'll only eat Mayonnaise if it's hidden so well it may as well not be there.

I'm not in the mood to test Mayonnaise in anything else. Usually, if detect it in something, even if I got a KFC burger as a gift, that shit is going straight in the trash.

I guess I'll only eat Mayonnaise if it's hidden so well it may as well not be there.

Yeah, I understand. Out of sight, out mind.

Numb

Surprised with the people coming out saying they voted for Trump out of spite because they were called names and racists etc
You knew from the start. You are white and can afford to or a minority/other and are crazy(f u got what's mine) or stupid
Thousands of people voted for a dead monkey no need to make excuses voting for a racist pumpkin

Surprised with the people coming out saying they voted for Trump out of spite because they were called names and racists etc
You knew from the start. You are white and can afford to or a minority/other and are crazy(f u got what's mine) or stupid
Thousands of people voted for a dead monkey no need to make excuses voting for a racist pumpkin

I think they see it as revenge for getting hassled and insulted for defending someone who made a campaign based on hate. But they don't know they are gonna get hurt in the end, just like the rest of us.

Damn. I missed the party last night. That ideology is why we are so fragmented. Just wow. There is no uniform black experience. There is no uniform black outlook. To say otherwise, is to buy into the idea that all black people are the same. Which is impossible. Just wow.

Anyway. I don't fuck with mayonnaise. Potato salad only. That shit ain't for me in any other form

Izuna

Banned
It's just BS justification for them being Trump voters. It makes the whole "why would you vote for Trump" a non-sequitur when they start the conversation with that shit.

Or they're just that stupid and childish that they gave up on their political alignments out of spite. Even though no one has to what their vote is in that booth.

george_us

This is what kills me. Just admit your racism and move the fuck on. You knew goddamn well what you were voting for. Just admit you don't mind if minorities have to suffer so you can get ahead.

Numb

It's like the people who just think "only" when BLM is brought up and bring some alllives bullshit
No one said the rest don't matter once and no one said you were racist when they said the white racists voting Trump. They know who they are.
Maybe they can only take things in plurals
jbhmmm.png

Late and just mumbling. Night

Izuna

Banned
You know what, maybe they do have a point. I mean, if people didn't tell them Trump was the racist vote, they might've not figured out where to align themselves with their unfunctional brain.

---

edit: hmmmm

8hX6aqY.jpg

Johndoey

Banned
Well in any case we have an elect that seems to have won on the back of sheer apathy,troll voting, and hardcore racism. God bless America.

Damn man, I'm sorry that happened. Shit is getting rough out here.

It really is. My trunk was open. They left my work ID, water bottles and workout stuff. They only took the registration. Hell. They even left my Levi's. These people. LOL

@kite

I prefer OJ the juice man. At least he'd end the war on drugs

LionPride

Banned
In the last two days, school has been rough. People crying, girls having their butts slapped, people being called wetbacks and told they are gonna get deported, yet at the same time this is also a time for unity. Next week is gonna be a trip I'll tell you that

ReiGun

I wish people understood that you can't separate the parts of Trump's campaign to focus on the parts you do. No, I don't believe all of his supporters are bigots. But they weren't willing to stand against bigotry either. Not willing enough to not vote for the dude endorsed by the KKK.

Opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference.

Anyway, good morning everybody.
Kanye 2020, cause why the fuck not at this point OT.

Good morning ya'll.
I'm voting for John Cena, personally. Hustle, loyalty, and respect gonna save America.

Slayven

I am just listening to a lot of black podcasts. The fact black people are doing what we do, laugh to keep from crying is keeping me up.

Daingurse

I am just listening to a lot of black podcasts. The fact black people are doing what we do, laugh to keep from crying is keeping me up.

Which ones are you listening to? I think that would honestly help me get through my workday. Some of the people at my job are really starting to piss me off.

Some black podcasts to listen to (that Slayven didn't mention, because all his mentions were good)

The Read
Gaming and Then Some
Three Fifs Podcast
What's the Tea

I also like The Interracial Jawn, but at the title suggests, it's interracial, black wife, white husband. But the wife is heavily involved in the movement, and the husband is trying hard as hell to be a real ally, so it is interesting.

Daingurse

Where's my 40 acres
The Black guy who tips
Hot Fiyastarter
Movie Trailer reviews

Thanks man.

Some black podcasts to listen to (that Slayven didn't mention, because all his mentions were good)

The Read
Gaming and Then Some
Three Fifs Podcast
What's the Tea

I also like The Interracial Jawn, but at the title suggests, it's interracial, black wife, white husband. But the wife is heavily involved in the movement, and the husband is trying hard as hell to be a real ally, so it is interesting.

Nice, I'll check some of these out too.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
So my car was broken into this morning. They stole my registration. What is life? What are you about?

God... I'm sorry that happened to you. This fucking country ffs

In the last two days, school has been rough. People crying, girls having their butts slapped, people being called wetbacks and told they are gonna get deported, yet at the same time this is also a time for unity. Next week is gonna be a trip I'll tell you that

Stay safe. I know it all is hard to stomach let alone watch it happen, but don't put yourself into danger, understand? Stay strong little cub.

Fuck incoming bear jokes... 😖

Good to know. Keep doing what makes you happy. That goes for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom