• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Sorry to hear that man.

Just bought a new controller for Pokkén.

How do you guys play Street Fighter V.

Lately, just on my DS4, tbh. My TE2+ collects dust, 'cause in the last couple months management came around to do an inspection and I just put everything away. Never brought it back out, lol.

Izuna

Banned
Kdot music has been cathartic atm

I think my empathy is on overload. I might need a day just thinking "thank god I'm not in America". It just feels like it's the most selfish state of mind to be in.

Fuck I didn't even think about Planned Parenthood

Sch1sm

I think my empathy is on overload. I might need a day just thinking "thank god I'm not in America". It just feels like it's the most selfish state of mind to be in.

Not sure if it's true, but it's been all over my feeds that he's moved to protect funding to Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers. Didn't have the chance to look it up, but it's promising if so, that Trump won't be able to touch it?

Kreed

Check out the new Tribe album.

Dereck

It's definitely a Tribe album in 2016.

Just move one of their older albums into 2016 and release it.

That's exactly what it sounds like.

Andre 3000 is on it.

Q-Tip sounds like Q-Tip on it.

It's probably sitting at a 4.5/5 right now.

Izuna

Banned
I suggested the album for a reason.

yZttQB1.png

I'm ready to head home now and listen to this.

Good good, taking it slow, deciding if I want dishonored 2 or Hitman. I could do both but I aint no fool. You?

Living life, one tiny step at a time. Focusing on paying bills and my ensuing GameCube game hunt. I need suggestions. I'm thinking Metroid Prime since I never finished it, as well as Xmen Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse. Along with the other games I want to buy, FZero GX, Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Battalion Wars.

I need to finish writing and filming my speech for a school project by after Sunday night, and Amazon delivers my new graphics card 3 days early. It's like they want me to fail.

Sch1sm

I need to finish writing and filming my speech for a school project by after Sunday night, and Amazon delivers my new graphics card 3 days early. It's like they want me to fail.

I got a major assignment due in a weeks time, and all I've been doing is playing games like it's not gonna need a ridiculous amount of work to complete.

Hey guys, I saw Gordon Shumway is banned and his last post. Can anyone confirm that he's okay?

Spoke to him just yesterday. He's okay.

E: I'm pretty sure it was a requested ban.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am getting back to somewhat normal now. I got off social media, turned off the news, went outside, walked my dog and my neighborhood wasn't on fire, no one was shooting at black people or anything of the sort. The sun came up. My dog still is a jerk.

I looked at a video David Banner did this week. His thoughts are probably where I should be. I will add the link to let you view it. While I don't agree with all of it, I agree with most of the sentiment. https://youtu.be/TYdbdF_yWG0

Zekes!

Any of y'all have hopes for TLG?
I'm waiting for more impressions and reviews before I even consider it

My expectations for The Last Guardian have been that it's probably going to be a lot like ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I'm expecting it to be good, though I don't feel particularly hyped for it. I know I'll pick it up eventually. Only game I'm planning on buying ('cause I pre-ordered it to get it for cheaper) is Watch Dogs 2

Sadly no, I was really looking forward to it but its completely overdue. They've yet to dig deep into it regarding game play videos. For a first party game they're marketing has been lackluster. I'd imagine after 8 years of development hell they would want to start pushing this game hard before December 6 rolls around.

Sadly no, I was really looking forward to it but its completely overdue. They've yet to dig deep into it regarding game play videos. For a first party game they're marketing has been lackluster. I'd imagine after 8 years of development hell they would want to start pushing this game hard before December 6 rolls around.
Apparently there are billboard and bus advertising over the US. I haven't seen a single one of these here in Nevada lol

Village

That game has looked uninteresting to me from moment 1.

The reason I was and stil lam on the XV or formerly vs hype train because it interested me visually. TLG very much looks like the games they tend to make. Hopefully its good, or amazing, visually it ain't doing nothing for me.

Onemic

They made SotC, which is easily in my top 3 games of all time, so I'll judge it myself before looking at reviews.

Ive pretty much done a media blackout on this and FFXV. Only thing I really know about the game are that the graphics will end up looking like a late PS3 title rather than a PS4 title

I dunno, Sony fan boys have an almost religious reverence for a god damn videogame company. I remember the true believers trying to spin Order 1886 and No Mans Sky as good games because if their exclusivity. Then again, TLG being a pile of overhyped garbage would be the perfect bookend to 2016

Onemic

Reviews: 7/10
GAF: omg it only got a 7/10, t r a s h.

7/10 for a game review usually means its just average. A 7/10 for a game isnt the same as a 7/10 for a movie or album tbh, considering how game reviewers always tend to score games pretty high vs other mediums.

Id consider it a disappointment if I personally found it to be a 7/10 tbh. It's being judged relative to SotC and Ico, so anything less than a great game would be a disappointment.

Onemic

The new Tribe album is so fucking relevant and necessary to what's going on right now. Everyone here should listen to it tbh. Tribe is truly going out with a bang with this one. To think that a reunion album is not only not bad, but pretty damn fire is amazing.

RIP Phife, your work on this and Tribe in general wont be forgotten.

Sch1sm

7/10 for a game review usually means its just average. A 7/10 for a game isnt the same as a 7/10 for a movie or album tbh, considering how game reviewers always tend to score games pretty high vs other mediums.

Id consider it a disappointment if I personally found it to be a 7/10 tbh. It's being judged relative to SotC and Ico, so anything less than a great game would be a disappointment.

Yeah, but there's a difference between average and just a dumpster fire, y'know, and that's how gaming side treats it? Then there's also the fact that reviewer scores aren't always reflective of how you'll feel about a game. Least imo. Plenty of games been ranked that which I've enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom