• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no opinion on Fidel Castro tbh. I do believe a lot of what the US thinks about the dude is straight propaganda because they didnt like each other.

Im on this side as well. People did flee the country because of him, people over here did the same under some US leaders too though.

Malyse

tumblr_oelw990StD1vrpazoo3_540.jpg

tumblr_oelw990StD1vrpazoo4_540.png

And people wonder why i give folks that wear a Che Gueverra shirt the side eye

tumblr_ohbkwiRBkD1qh16pno1_1280.png

Nah that report is bunk. Well half of it.

Nas was all the way wrong. But Kap showed up with a legit intellectual framework. He wasn't praising Castro outright, but those reporters were trying to force a ditchonomy with no framework to back them.

Much of what Castro did, the US has done and continues to do. And that cognitive dissonance of demonizing US' enemies without looking inward does something worse than ignore the sins of the US government.

It turns the valid grievances of Cubans affected by Castro into political currency.

Castro was a fucked up ruler who replaced a fucked up ruler backed by the US. He was a horrible man who also managed to avoid the fate of numerous notable South and Central American rulers.

His henious actions are undeniable. Black and white. But the figure's place in history is gray, much like most rulers and leaders.

And like all of them, it's not gray to the people directly affected. That is set in stone.

But that won't force ditchonomous thought anymore than America does.

In other news looks like MvC4 is happening.. I didn't care much for 3 but loved part 2. Should be interesting to see how it turns out, and for what platforms.

In other news looks like MvC4 is happening.. I didn't care much for 3 but loved part 2. Should be interesting to see how it turns out, and for what platforms.

MAHVEL, BABY!!! I'm pumped for 4. I better get back to playing MvC 1 to get ready. I wonder though about who might be in, I swear black panther better be in. And if black widow has to be in, I hope she isn't a Jill valentine clone.

Zekes!

How are they gonna leave the X-Men out though? No Wolverine or Mags? And here I was hoping to hear "BEHOLD! OPTIC BLAST!" once more

Blame marvel and their pettiness. But still though...MAHVEL, BABY!!!

Nah man. I blame Fox. They have been making shit movies and brought this on themselves. X-MEN Apocalypse was more than enough to justify this move. That movie sullied everything good about the X-Men. Wtf was that movie. Why is mystique leading them? Why is anything happening. Fuck that movie

Sony was smart to play ball with Spider-Man..I wonder what was in the table for both sides to come together.

Still can't believe that game is out in a few weeks.

Kreed

No X-Men should have been obvious. Why the hell would Marvel/Disney want to promote what's essentially a Fox franchise now and not the characters they are trying to push in movies/Netflix? Plus, like Slayven said, most Marvel vs Capcom fans who like the X-Men don't even follow X-Men vs their memories from the Fox Kids cartoon.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Exactly and the blame for this stupidity falls on Marvel.

if sony can ball up,then fox could too. but i think theyre content with their dumpster fire xmen world singers helms up, and their multiple failed f4 attempts to the point that noone fucks with them anymore

No X-Men should have been obvious. Why the hell would Marvel/Disney want to promote what's essentially a Fox franchise now and not the characters they are trying to push in movies/Netflix? Plus, like Slayven said, most Marvel vs Capcom fans who like the X-Men don't even follow X-Men vs their memories from the Fox Kids cartoon.

Or maybe they like the way they played in the games?

Slayven

if sony can ball up,then fox could too. but i think theyre content with their dumpster fire xmen world singers helms up, and their multiple failed f4 attempts to the point that noone fucks with them anymore

Why shoot for the stars when collecting cans provides steady cash?

Parallax

Why shoot for the stars when collecting cans provides steady cash?

that seems like what fox is doing. and thats whats sad about it. keeping them separate, it would be interesting to see what marvel could do with the xmen. the closest is first class

Slayven

that seems like what fox is doing. and thats whats sad about it. keeping them separate, it would be interesting to see what marvel could do with the xmen. the closest is first class

FF will continue to be the biggest crime, nigga Marvel about to do Ego the living planet. You know they would go buckwild with the FF

AAA game review threads always bring out certain characters but its not Uncharted 3 levels of bad from what I've seen.

Naughty Dog fans scare me, what if one of their games got a 7?

Parallax

FF will continue to be the biggest crime, nigga Marvel about to do Ego the living planet. You know they would go buckwild with the FF

honestly the fact that people believe that the best aspect of the f4 license is doom is fucked up. its really telling when you dont have people screaming bloody murder for them like they do with the xmen all the damn time. especially since they were never in a capcom game

Johndoey

Banned
It's a profitable dumpster fire though and that's all that matters.

Besides the movies they put out are more interesting than anything Marvel is doing right now, good or bad I'm glad they exist.

LionPride

Banned

Besides the movies they put out are more interesting than anything Marvel is doing right now, good or bad I'm glad they exist.

Is this like the fifth time this thread I've asked you to stop being wrong

Parallax

......i guess seeing mold cultures growing on a battered franchise is interesting in its own way

Johndoey

Banned
Again I'm not arguing for quality I'm just saying the Marvel movies every one I'm like yes that is exactly what I expected it to be. X-Men movies? Who knows what the hell you're going to get.

I'd rather watch something completely jacked up than something competent and dull.

Ya'll mind if I ramble about my life? Yes? No? Well, I'll do it anyways lol

I'm about to legit fail 2 classes in CC. It's not that big of a deal tbh. I've had to retake 2 classes before. I can pay to retake them, get better grades, and transfer a little later. Life is nowhere near over

However, the thing is is that after this semester I think I need to leave my house. And by my house, I mean the one I grew up in. I turned 21 recently so im an adult and my mom has been talking about me needing to live on my own. Totally reasonable, of course, but the plan was for me to finish CC this semester and transfer. Within that I assumed I'd live on campus and have that be the start of me living by myself. But if I had to do another CC semester then I'd be living in an apartment or something and I have doooont have the money to do that

Could I pass these failing classes with C's? I think it might be possible, but realistically I'd have to retake them.

If I had to retake the CC classes would my mom really put me out? I don't think so, but she wants me to think about self-dependence (for several reasons) and more importantly I'm getting tired of my surroundings. 2016 hasn't been the best for me, and because I've found myself in a depressive funk this year i've been more solitary. I avoid interacting with anyone when I get to this self-loathing phase and rationalize it with a "When I do better in life, then I can get back to normal". In the case of family where people expect you to visit them during holiday parties or call them from time to time you could see why that mindset would be a problem or why someone else wouldn't like it (my mom).

I've been having fantasies of taking a bus to some far off state if I failed a class this semester. That'd practically be suicide though because of course I'd be homeless, devoid of progress in college Maybe? I dont know how that would work) and starting life from square one inside of some shelter. Crazy fantasy aside, whatever the case I need to be alone right now and there's no way a family would take kindly to me telling them to shut the fuck up and leave me alone (in nicer words lol), especially one who's house im living in and whose food im eating.

Anyways, I don't mind doing the best that I can with these last 3 weeks in my current school semester. My brain is full of thoughts though, both wild and realistic, so I figured I'd dump them here so I can focus on doing stuff...schoolwork, art, writing, living? Shit, I've been so self-destructive I haven't even been keeping up with tv, like Insecure smh

What's a CC?

Again I'm not arguing for quality I'm just saying the Marvel movies every one I'm like yes that is exactly what I expected it to be. X-Men movies? Who knows what the hell you're going to get.

You're going to get a different color of shit with varying consistency. Sometimes it's runny. Sometimes it's hard. But it is always shit

LionPride

Banned

I'd rather watch something completely jacked up than something competent and dull.
So watch a shitty movie that will be absolutely dumb as rocks at following its own logic, or watch an actual quality product that is also entertaining?
What's a CC?
I'm thinkin Community College

Johndoey

Banned
So watch a shitty movie that will be absolutely dumb as rocks at following its own logic, or watch an actual quality product that is also entertaining?
I don't think the last three or four movies from Marvel have been entertaining. Especially Civil War I've watched Apocalypse a few times and BvS three or four times, but I cannot watch Civil War through.

Slayven

honestly the fact that people believe that the best aspect of the f4 license is doom is fucked up. its really telling when you dont have people screaming bloody murder for them like they do with the xmen all the damn time. especially since they were never in a capcom game

People should learn Reed is scarier than Doom

LionPride

Banned
I don't think the last three or four movies from Marvel have been entertaining. Especially Civil War I've watched Apocalypse a few times and BvS three or four times, but I cannot watch Civil War through.
Those two movies are god awful tho

The last four have been: Doctor Strange which was good, Civil War which is my favorite CBM ever, Ant-Man which was good, and AoU which was decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom