• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's pretty messed up that ya dead wrong when it comes to music then

Blonde: Pink + White, Nikes, Futura Free
Endless: Unity, but I really only listened to it once so there's that
The weak or the strong, who got it going on
You're dead wrong
The weak or the strong, who got it going on
You're dead wrong

LionPride

Banned
Danny Brown is King Cornball.

Is it a good album? I needs to know

On the topic of good/phefuckingnomenal albums

220px-MickJenkinsTHC.jpeg

The Healing Component shot up my AOTY rankings the moment it came out

LionPride

Banned
No lies detected in this post.

Guess that's shuts me up.

I've always felt like the situation with The Ancient One was gonna be a lose lose thing regardless of what they did. They punted, they admitted they fucked up, hopefully they don't again

Nah. It didn't look that bad.

May i ask why you're not feeling it. ?
First off, I want to say I want to be wrong and I want this movie to be good.

I feel like they're going to throw Rachel McAdams away as another Jane Foster who does nothing and doesn't matter or gain any connection with the audience.

The second thing is a mild spoiler but
Mads is confirmed to be an agent of some bigger threat. I'm tired of stepping stone villains and to me that's like half of the movie just wasted if they're wasting him.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like outside of Strange himself all the other building blocks of a movie they have are going to be just there to make a movie happen. Then I see a poster of Rachel McAdams and I'm like why are you EVEN BOTHERING? She's barely been in the trailers!

I also just really don't want Mads to be a throwaway. He's got good lines but I feel like they're trying to get me hyped just to lie to me about another nothing villain.

Right now the only Marvel movies I expect to have good villains are BP, Spider-Man, and Guardians 2. The rest are wait and see.

EDIT: And honestly I think they should've gotten Rinko or another Asian woman but I'm interested in what Tilda will bring to the table.

I like the visuals more than I thought I would.

Shy

I've always felt like the situation with The Ancient One was gonna be a lose lose thing regardless of what they did. They punted, they admitted they fucked up, hopefully they don't again
Nah. I thought they should of cast an Asian person for the role.

But like you said, i hope they learned their lesson.
First off, I want to say I want to be wrong and I want this movie to be good.

I feel like they're going to throw Rachel McAdams away as another Jane Foster who does nothing and doesn't matter or gain any connection with the audience.

The second thing is a mild spoiler but
Mads is confirmed to be an agent of some bigger threat. I'm tired of stepping stone villains and to me that's like half of the movie just wasted if they're wasting him.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like outside of Strange himself all the other building blocks of a movie they have are going to be just there to make a movie happen. Then I see a poster of Rachel McAdams and I'm like why are you EVEN BOTHERING? She's barely been in the trailers!

I also just really don't want Mads to be a throwaway. He's got good lines but I feel like they're trying to get me hyped just to lie to me about another nothing villain.

Right now the only Marvel movies I expect to have good villains are BP, Spider-Man, and Guardians 2. The rest are wait and see.

EDIT: And honestly I think they should've gotten Rinko or another Asian woman but I'm interested in what Tilda will bring to the table.

I like the visuals more than I thought I would.
Ahh. Gotcha.

You don't have to add a caveat at the beginning, Secret.

You most likely right, and (while good) will be like every other cookie cutter Marvel movie to date.

LionPride

Banned
Nah. I thought they should of cast an Asian person for the role.

But like you said, i hope they learned their lesson.

Ahh. Gotcha.

You most likely right, and (while good) will be like every other cookie cutter Marvel movie to date.
I feel like if they cast an Asian they would get people upset that they cast an Asian as a stereotypical mystic Asian being. Then you have the backlash because they cast a white person. It was gonna be lose/lose

So a white "associate" from HS I'm FB friends with posts some dumbass video about a guy holding up a "All Lives Matter" sign in a predominantly black area and another guy doing the same with a "Black Lives Matter" sign in a white area and the differing reactions. So I don't usually confront people on their BS on FB, but I was feeling particularly peeved.

So another person, this girl I knew from middle school, starts going off about how racism is only a thing because people keep bringing up race. I try to tell her it's a thing, because it's a fucking thing still and explain what BLM is all about, but she's not listening.

So here's where it gets crazy. She posts
From observation it seems like more whites let the courts deal figure out if it was a wrongful death or not (through comments on videos and post through multiple pages) but through watching the videos I'm honestly not exactly sure if so much of this outrage is because of a cop killing a black guy...
I think there has not been so much outrage from whites because before a year or two ago the media didn't care about a white man getting wrongfully shot.. I really can't even think of any to be honest. I think that has a huge role to play in everything. It wasnt such public knowledge about every detail.

And I explain of course white people give courts the benefit of the doubt, they're always the favored party and regularly get lighter sentences for the same crimes. Not to mention, they don't deal with profiling or anything. I mention how stop and frisk in NYC was deemed unconstitutional because of it's clear racist bias as just one major example of police disproportionately fucking with minorities

And this bitch....this bitch has the gal to say
I'm not completely knowledgeable with people's sentencing since I choose not to surround myself with criminals.. but I do know every case in different because you may have robbed the same place that I did at that same time but if you have a history of it and it's my first time, that is always something to take in consideration. I don't live in nyc so I'm not even sure what that is to comment.

Took everything in my power not to just tell her to shut the fuck up. Some white folks is trifling

shagia

I know, I know, comments are bound to be the worst but in general I have the worst problem with people who make fun of / humiliate children. It's borderline victim blaming how some people are responding to her, also ridiculous how "brainwashing" is even a response to this when she's in the middle of it. I'm on the verge of saying "shut up, don't try"

growing up in NorCal didn't always open up so many problems with race in America (I can't speak for many others though) but it wasn't until I was called a porch monkey in the third grade and had absolutely no idea what that meant, had someone else who had experienced more tell for me because I was just like "wtf is that", and witnessing their really questionable parent where I started to realize there's obviously left over baggage from previous generations, most of my experiences were through a tv screen, headset and a controller because I'd pull legs so much but imagine growing up where the discrimination is a common thing, face to face, you begin to ask and get answers and you start forming your own thoughts, these things just don't come out of nowhere and I'm not sure why people who are actually calling her brainwashed realize that

i hope a grown ass adult mocking her or any little kid in general gets kicked in the dick lmao

Gattsu25

Banned
So a white "associate" from HS I'm FB friends with posts some dumbass video about a guy holding up a "All Lives Matter" sign in a predominantly black area and another guy doing the same with a "Black Lives Matter" sign in a white area and the differing reactions. So I don't usually confront people on their BS on FB, but I was feeling particularly peeved.

So another person, this girl I knew from middle school, starts going off about how racism is only a thing because people keep bringing up race. I try to tell her it's a thing, because it's a fucking thing still and explain what BLM is all about, but she's not listening.

And I explain of course white people give courts the benefit of the doubt, they're always the favored party and regularly get lighter sentences for the same crimes. Not to mention, they don't deal with profiling or anything. I mention how stop and frisk in NYC was deemed unconstitutional because of it's clear racist bias as just one major example of police disproportionately fucking with minorities

Took everything in my power not to just tell her to shut the fuck up. Some white folks is trifling
Unfriend. Block.

Too much stress in the world to be dealing with these idiots.

Shy

I feel like if they cast an Asian they would get people upset that they cast an Asian as a stereotypical mystic Asian being. Then you have the backlash because they cast a white person. It was gonna be lose/lose
Ahhh. Yeah, i see where you're coming from now.
"Wipe that sharecropper smile of of your face"
LOL.

I just finished watching it about 10 mins ago.

Loved it.

Spinluck

Don't argue on FB man, it's pointless.

I have so many FBfriends that are white and share "All Lives Matter" crap, and then in person they'll wave high to me at and try to talk to me and shit. Like, can they at least sit down with a POC and ask questions or at least try to gain some perspective?

I don't even share any BLM stuff on my wall (I'll like some articles here and there) and I don't really push anything political on my FB either. It's weird for me to see how uncomfortable the topic of race makes some people. They get so defensive and I'm like, "the fuck? im the one that's black here." lol

I don't really think of them like that. I think of them on an individual basis. Same for DC movies etc. (Not that I like any of them yet) I understand why people don't, and I don't ignore their flaws and how they're really made. But I think for every bad Marvel movie there's one that's great or at least a lot of fun.

And I admit as a comics fan sometimes I have to let go of being a purist too.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Now I remembered why I didnt resub to FF14 Heavensward like any mmo, the market has been sour every since someone bought all the burning fuels and crashed the market. But they added an Iron Giant Raid boss so its fine.

Also Doctor Strange is bad? No surprise there.

Start on, Superman standing observing destruction after his latest victory. A large crowd gathers and is angry at him again. Trying to right the wrong he decides to do something new. He starts to single handedly repair everything with massive speed and reading. But it's shotty build work and after a few months most of the buildings collapse. Superman tries again and it collapse after a week this time. He's devastated and becomes mopey like season 2 of Angel. The film ends with him circling the sun and slingshot out of the galaxy and is gone for 2 years. Then one day he arrives back with alien ships who truly saves the earth properly and forever. Credits. After credits you see Superman staring at himself in the mirror. He looks down at his hand but camera stays on his face. A flicker, his head shapes up and back, camera pans to bullet hole in the ceiling in 1 frame. Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom