• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Doctor Strange is bad? No surprise there.

f6bc.png

Yes BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I FUCKING WROTE. THAT'S WHAT I FUCKING....WROTE!!! /s

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that's what you thought of them. Or said Dr. Strange is bad.

That's what i think of them, even though i still enjoy them.

Except for the DC films. they can be nuked from orbit.

I was just clarifying. Don't worry about it...or come put me in the back of a trunk.

Shy

I don't really think of them like that. I think of them on an individual basis. Same for DC movies etc. (Not that I like any of them yet) I understand why people don't, and I don't ignore their flaws and how they're really made. But I think for every bad Marvel movie there's one that's great or at least a lot of fun.

And I admit as a comics fan sometimes I have to let go of being a purist too.
Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that's what you thought of them. Or said Dr. Strange is bad.

That's what i think of them, even though i still enjoy them.

Except for the DC films. they can be nuked from orbit.
I was just clarifying. Don't worry about it...or come put me in the back of a trunk.
LOL. coolio.

I was worried for a bit, that we were falling into an argument born from misunderstandings.

Why did Gotham introduce The Oracle from the Matrix

Dam Jim Gordon can't
be around any woman for longer than a day without banging them into plot armor

I've always felt like the situation with The Ancient One was gonna be a lose lose thing regardless of what they did. They punted, they admitted they fucked up, hopefully they don't again

This is their (at least) second punt. Iron Fist will be played by a white guy (which he is in the comics), when a modern retelling of the story could be best served by him being an Asian American who could be slightly out of touch with Asian culture. Because Mighty Whitey is a tired ass trope.

One can argue about the Mandarin, that definitely was Marvel attempting to deal with their racist past.

This is their (at least) second punt. Iron Fist will be played by a white guy (which he is in the comics), when a modern retelling of the story could be best served by him being an Asian American who could be slightly out of touch with Asian culture. Because Mighty Whitey is a tired ass trope.

One can argue about the Mandarin, that definitely was Marvel attempting to deal with their racist past.
I wholeheartedly disagree with that notion. Iron Fist really works best as a white dude, and I'm pretty sure he isn't the best martial artist in Kun'lun. Iron fist needs to be white so he can play off of Luke Cage''s blackness. Heroes for hire is Lethal Weapon not Rush Hour.

Something like this has to happen in one of the shows.
30_04.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

Look forward to another day inciting the races. How about you, my fellow aggravators?

Slay, what threads have you fashioned? Please my brother, sound the alarm when you want us to think of race.

Look forward to another day inciting the races. How about you, my fellow aggravators?

Slay, what threads have you fashioned? Please my brother, sound the alarm when you want us to think of race.
As tempting as it would be to make a guide on how to talk about race in America, even I don't have the level of patience required to deal with idiots coming into the thread.

Sch1sm

Looking forward to seeing more users crawl out the woodworks with their barely underground, discriminatory thought processes. Always.

As tempting as it would be to make a guide on how to talk about race in America, even I don't have the level of patience required to deal with idiots coming into the thread.

There are some names you just learn to ignore, and you've gotta be loads more selective with those you respond to. I only bother if they're seriously asking a question, rather than those posting a contrarian opinion to what's in the OP despite their lack of experience (i.e., I'm white, but...). 😭

----

Good morning, BCT.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

He's not a mighty whitey. That's the mistake everyone makes.

andthebeatgoeson

Ahh, fuck off America.

The study also asked teachers to complete a second task: Read a vignette about a student misbehaving in class, then rate the severity of misbehavior and decide whether the misbehavior warranted suspension, expulsion or neither.

Researchers told some of the teachers that the child’s name was DeShawn or Latoya, stereotypical black names; others heard that the child’s name was Jake or Emily, stereotypical white names. Again, researchers found that teachers’ responses differed by race: White teachers were more lenient on children they perceived as black, while black teachers were harsher.

If Dequan would stop trapping at age 4, he wouldn't have got suspended.

Edit: thread made. Stolen, swirl.

It's the economic injustice that leads the judicial system to punish blacks across nearly all income segments harsher than their counterparts. it has nothing to do with their race. Those studies are lies

"Look at this Black Sheriff saying ya'll are your own worse enemy! He gets it!"

Are you referring to that one dude who yelled at Don Lemon?

I saw someone on Facebook applauding that sheriff. Promptly unfriended the guy. I just can't take these weird views anymore. At first I would try to give them an open forum to try and understand them better but I just can't wrap my head around shit like that. It does nothing for me at all. They say you can sometimes learn from someone who doesn't see life the way you do but I haven't learned shit other than a headache.

Slayven

Shit if i lived in David clarke's county. I would make it my life goal to get the hell up out of there. That is one self hating motherfucker

Zekes!

Takes me back to the time I got suspended for 5 days after accidentally grabbing a girls chest in gym class when I was 10 and before I started going through puberty. In retrospect, that was some bullshit.

that would never have happened in anime

edit: seeing that flu shot thread reminded me of my recent argument I had with my cousin who believes there's mind control agents in vaccines

jmood88

edit: seeing that flu shot thread reminded me of my recent argument I had with my cousin who believes there's mind control agents in vaccines
And those are the same people who insist that there's a cure for AIDS/cancer/whatever, that they would never use because of their bullshit conspiracy theories.

Honestly what would the thread even be about? How to talk about racial oppression and police brutality? Only to have idiots 5 posts in pulling All Lives Matter or saying most cops are good so there isnt an issue. If telling white people not to say nigga is controversial, I cant imagine a thread about police brutality is going to accomplish anything. If I really wanted to bait people I should make a thread on how to maximize gains from their inherit white privilege

Zekes!

And those are the same people who insist that there's a cure for AIDS/cancer/whatever, that they would never use because of their bullshit conspiracy theories.

The discussion went exactly into that territory and I started to hit the "bail out now" button

This the same cousin who told me he doesn't like it when white dudes date black women, but has almost exclusively been with white girls

Still love 'im 'cause he's family but I try to keep our conversation on topics of Dragon Ball Z and less other things

Slayven

all part of the Illumnati's plan. You know Jay and Beyounce are members and that is why your cousin can't get on as a rapper

Gattsu25

Banned

Welcome to the thread. Please feel free to fill out this entirely optional questionnaire from the OP:

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Your profession/major/career interest -
Your religious affiliation -
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -
Marvel or DC? -
Favorite superhero? -
Anime or Nah? -
Favorite sport and team? -
What's your favorite Disney movie? -

Let's get to know each other better ✌️🏾

andthebeatgoeson

Just asking questions man

What do you think of this breitbart link?

What link?
Haha. That sarcasm detector is broken.

Welcome to the thread. Please feel free to fill out this entirely optional questionnaire from the OP:

Let's get to know each other better ✌️��
Oh, will this put me on the email list? Nice. Please send all correspondence to whitepplaretherapists@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom