• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I know MLK, Malcolm X and Medgar Evers weren't in the same sentence as. Tupac and Biggy without even a period separating them

jmood88

I know MLK, Malcolm X and Medgar Evers weren't in the same sentence as. Tupac and Biggy without even a period separating them
Some people see Tupac and Biggie (or just rappers in general) as their heroes as much as others look at MLK and Malcolm ¯_(ツ)_/¯

shingi70

Banned
CtdTBUrWEAAar9Q

I stand corrected on the Iron Fist thing. He's not a Mighty Whitey.

I admit, the only reason I want him to stay white is for Dani and Lucy as next gen Heroes for Hire.

Sch1sm

Times are changing.

I'll watch for this:

Not lost on Coker is the symbolism of Luke Cage wearing a hoodie (to conceal his identity) while bullets bounce off of him.

“Of course you think of Trayvon,” Coker said, referring to Trayvon Martin, a black teenager fatally shot in Florida in 2012. “You put somebody in a hood, with a hoodie, it doesn’t mean he’s a hood. He could be a hero. I wish it was played out. I wish someone could say, ‘Hey a bulletproof black man, that’s so dated, because black guys aren’t getting killed anymore by cops for no reason.’ ”

D i Z

Oh, there's a little bit more to this. This shit is a damn shame. People actually believe that?

People believe whatever is the most convenient for the kind of outlook that they want to have. There's always the basis of common sense that rolls things back a little, and most people do have it. But in the context of their worlds, their communities, perpetrating lies until they are "believable" is nothing new. When the unhinged latch onto the lies, that's when shit gets real. I mean, this is exactly how white America and most of Europe has dealt with other cultures, people of color, and their (our) own repugnant histories.

Case in point. Your average Hoptep or MRA isn't in it for truth. There is more at stake to fit in along the male pecking order than there is a desire to learn to love or get along with a life long partner and family.

harSon

Banned

I'm kind of bummed out. I have a Tinder date on Friday, so I probably won't get to watch it until Saturday sometime. I'm going to the Funny or Die comedy tour, so I'm effectively turning down Luke Cage for Dane Cook. I may need to rethink my life.

Malyse

I'm kind of bummed out. I have a Tinder date on Friday, so I probably won't get to watch it until Saturday sometime. I'm going to the Funny or Die comedy tour, so I'm effectively turning down Luke Cage for Dane Cook. I may need to rethink my life.
This is why I'm gonna pm you spoilers. You deserve it.

-----

I told the Wasp writer that Lucy Rand has fans so make it canon and he retweeted it. #itshappening

Yeah, hell no to this. Plus no Robin Williams Genie.

"Can't wait" to see Fox News' analysis on the lyrics from the "Don't Like" remix.

The Genie will probably be the black guy who played him on Broadway, James Monroe Iglehart.

28097-0.jpg

He got a Tony for this, yo.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well I was going to do post more here since I was playing FF14 earlier today but had to work at landscaping, and yet, something went wrong and I cant go do any work outside. Who the hell plants an agave plant on a property line?! *sigh* I'll tell more details, or make a thread, when my "boss" gets home.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Nah. I'm good.

I don't need to see Racist Caricature the movie, when i'm an old man.

Why'd she break up with him because she's pregnant. ?

Morning.

did Prince of Persia rub you the wrong way? Or have you given up on movies not being condescending with the Last Samurai?

Dai101

Banned
Anyone watched last nights episode of Adam Ruins Everything?

It had me tearing between laugh and almost tears and also doumbfucked for how fucked is the immigration system.

I wish i could share it with y'all.

D i Z

Might be time for someone to do a deep dive on some of the most racist rogues galleries out there. Some of the more seriously fucked up characters are going to be on the lists of possibilities the longer we travel along these lines.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Might be time for someone to do a deep dive on some of the most racist rogues galleries out there. Some of the more seriously fucked up characters are going to be on the lists of possibilities the longer we travel along these lines.

We may get hate monger and American panther in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom