• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Yesterday was a very encouraging sight. I had no idea the Women's March would end up being an international affair! I just hope we can keep this energy up and turn it into real political action/resistance though.

As an aside, here are some hot takes I came across on twitter

-Police and the Women's March (vs. prior major protests)
-Birth of Black Conservatism
-Women on November 8th

Man that nazi thread opened my eyes real wide. There are people saying naziism is a damn opinion. It's fucking heinous and monstrous, that is what it is. What kind of dumbass would fall on that kind of sword? A racist dumbass that's who.

"Bothsidesism" will be the death of this country. It's already done so much damage :(

zeemumu

Can you lend me a $20

Sorry man. I need it just in case.

I'm stuck in a sort of gridlock. My school schedule is ramping up because I'm trying to get out of here as soon as possible and I'm behind enough as it is, and I want to get another part-time job to have an income again but I can't with the little hours that I have free, and my confidence is taking a hit because I'm behind and school and without a job right now.

LotusHD

Banned
Man that nazi thread opened my eyes real wide. There are people saying naziism is a damn opinion. It's fucking heinous and monstrous, that is what it is. What kind of dumbass would fall on that kind of sword? A racist dumbass that's who.

I've said it before; there seems to be a defense force for literally everything in OT. I'll never understand it. It's one thing to look at the world in black and white, where violence is always forbidden on your part. But like... is it really the time to be stating such views when everyone else will naturally see it as you defending a fucking Nazi? for some freaking reason Like holy shit, keep that to yourself...

Especially when the alternative that people keep spouting, which is to ignore them and what not, clearly has not been working.

zeemumu

Nigga you be bumping Kidz Bop in your 2003 Honda Civic

You just reminded me that there's a Kidz Bop cover of Dilemma and that until 6th grade most of my knowledge of current music was limited to what I heard on Radio Disney.

And Nellyville is just Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives.

Dai101

Banned
I'll just leave this here...

6AZNu9r.gif

andthebeatgoeson

Jesus, what happened in the South east? Plane delayed 3 hours, land in the A, then it took 2 hours to find a gate. 1000's of people just standing in line at the airport, trying to find a flight at 2 am. Just got in myself.

Sch1sm

Jesus, what happened in the South east? Plane delayed 3 hours, land in the A, then it took 2 hours to find a gate. 1000's of people just standing in line at the airport, trying to find a flight at 2 am. Just got in myself.

Bet it has to do with Florida's severe storm/tornado watch that's been going all day.

Probably has to do with the fact that half my neighbors trash cans are on the other side of the block currently. The wind was crazy as fuck here today. I live right by the airport so if I look outside and go "nah." I know planes are delayed as fuck.

Yesterday was a very encouraging sight. I had no idea the Women's March would end up being an international affair! I just hope we can keep this energy up and turn it into real political action/resistance though.

As an aside, here are some hot takes I came across on twitter

-Police and the Women's March (vs. prior major protests)
-Birth of Black Conservatism
-Women on November 8th

"Bothsidesism" will be the death of this country. It's already done so much damage :(

These are excellent. Especially the take on Black Conservatives. Many of us got that "twice as good, half as far" stuff from our elders, and this woman points out that it was yet another mechanism to fight against the white man, not suck up to him.

And another hot take on the Women's March from an indigenous woman: https://twitter.com/sydnerain/status/823378710833270786

My car was stolen last month. We recovered it, but the engine was blown. Time for a new car. Suggestions? Any brands y'all are fans of?

Morning folks.

310 on the leg press. Trying to kick like Jandro

These are excellent. Especially the take on Black Conservatives. Many of us got that "twice as good, half as far" stuff from our elders, and this woman points out that it was yet another mechanism to fight against the white man, not suck up to him.

And another hot take on the Women's March from an indigenous woman: https://twitter.com/sydnerain/status/823378710833270786

Damn that was a good read. Thank you for posting that.

hokte ‏@sydnerain
Sidenote for all new followers/readers of the thread, I am not your human encyclopedia or museum, if you have a ? then do your own research.

That shit killed me..

Izuna

Banned
Got my window seat with the plug for my train to London.

Two Chinese girls are speaking loud af in the quiet coach.

Everyone is too English to tell them to stfu 

Izuna

Banned
Showed them a picture with a google translation.

Tfw your language is tonal* and doesn't work when whispering amiright?

2017 I ain't putting up with BS.

~~

Unless I'm mistaken, these girls are too young for Slay

Slayven

I want the persona 5 collectors edition, but i know the junk would sit in the corner collecting dust

Showed them a picture with a google translation.

Tfw your language is final and doesn't work when whispering amiright?

2017 I ain't putting up with BS.

What did they do?

I want the persona 5 collectors edition, but i know the junk would sit in the corner collecting dust

What did they do?

Do you want the game too or just the stuff? Because if it's just the stuff maybe we can work something out.

Was planning to get it and then eBay it since I just want the stuff for a blog post.

The initial lawsuit was filed in 2000 under Clinton Administration. And its just now being settled? Wow. Also, I don't know if that's enough, I'm just saying, 24Mil for holding back the livelihood of others that could have lead to greater opportunities in their field is a big deal.

One of the agents explained that she was "passed over for promotion in favor or a white (male) agent who had previously been transferred, as a result of sexually harassing her."

Got that from reading the CNN article.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/18/politics/secret-service-racial-discrimination-case-payment/

Slayven

The initial lawsuit was filed in 2000 under Clinton Administration. And its just now being settled? Wow. Also, I don't know if that's enough, I'm just saying, 24Mil for holding back the livelihood of others that could have lead to greater opportunities in their field is a big deal.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/18/politics/secret-service-racial-discrimination-case-payment/

I am old, I remember when they couldn't get served at Denny's

Thanks for pointing me to this. Made the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom