• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still need to finish Doom, been meaning to

I thought Watch Dogs 2 came out this month so I was anticipating having that as my current game to play, but I realized it's not out until November. I should finish Doom in the mean time

I was pleasently surprised by how much I enjoyed Doom. Probably the best single player fps campaign I've played in awhile.

Think I might hold off getting into something new. Waiting on my copy of Mafia, and my Cammy still needs tons of work

Zekes!

I was pleasently surprised by how much I enjoyed Doom. Probably the best single player fps campaign I've played in awhile.

Think I might hold off getting into something new. Waiting on my copy of Mafia, and my Cammy still needs tons of work

Yeah I kept hearing how good Doom was but was still surprised at how much fun I was having. Been distracted by other games though, namely Overwatch and was playing through Deus Ex in early September. Also started playing a bit more of SFV again lately...trying to get the rust off my Laura.

Johndoey

Banned
Never got around to it. Heard it just wasn't as good or didn't have the omph the first one did. Seems to be the case with a lot of direct sequels to indie games.
They changed up the level design in such a way that it's not nearly as enjoyable as the first, the focus on guns is much greater.
The narrative stuff is very YMMV. I liked a lot of it but there's some disdain for a certain group of people that might turn some folk off, along with some other niggling issues.

Soundtrack is hot though.

Basically I think it lacks the tight focus that made the first so good.

cinco

Anybody game on xbone? Feel free to add me :

II CINCO II (capitol i's)

I would give out my psn but that thing is basically a 300 media center for my girl to watch netflix, amazon and Hulu on. (Also, I have no games because I hate the controller with a passion)

Sch1sm

What do you guys think about Barack Obama?

I think considering how he was gridlocked by congress, he made do with what he had.

There are things I still don't agree with, like drone strikes in the Middle East. He's no better than former governments on that front. The fact he has no real second thoughts about the civilian casualties just because the US has managed to nab some big guys on the terrorism front shows little regard for human life. One thing for there to be a bigger picture, another to consistently end lives. I get there's convenience and all, but it's terrible to see friends affected by family deaths back home as a result of it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

But, at home? Obama did y'all right in the ways he could. He even bettered government, in little ways. Like not allowing gifts from lobbyists to members of the executive branch in an attempt to remove those biases from votes. Or the job growth that came with even just his first years as President. You guys have had 71 months of consecutive job growth up til August, like God damn. Unemployment rates are at their lowest since the early 70s. He's helped the consumer and small businesses. Showed a care for equity in his protecting rights of the LGBT community, and the White House Council on Women and Girls is a big step on analyzing how bills affect those who identify as women. Even your soldiers and vets saw some love from him. I can't fault the dude, there.

E: If anyone ever says he's done nothing, hit them with this.

Anybody game on xbone? Feel free to add me :

II CINCO II (capitol i's)

I would give out my psn but that thing is basically a 300 media center for my girl to watch netflix, amazon and Hulu on. (Also, I have no games because I hate the controller with a passion)

Added. Mine's Upinzani. Should be a GoW avatar from the 360 days.

Bubba T

I got a job offer from my #1 choice y'all. I get the offer letter soon but the salary was around was I was expecting. I'm gonna try to negotiate for a bit more.

Regardless, I'm pretty excited.

Never got around to it. Heard it just wasn't as good or didn't have the omph the first one did. Seems to be the case with a lot of direct sequels to indie games.
I will fight anyone that claims HM2 isn't as good as 1. IMO it built on everything the first one did, and has some of the best stages in the series. Not to mention the awesome level editor included.

Got a octagonal gate and sanwa buttons in the mail yesterday, and I can feel the difference already. This stick will carry me all the way to silver.

Numb

I got a job offer from my #1 choice y'all. I get the offer letter soon but the salary was around was I was expecting. I'm gonna try to negotiate for a bit more.

excellent.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey guys, should I watch Supergirl? Where does it rank as far as superhero shows go?

AJLma

Birth of a Nation was powerful. F the smear campaign, it stayed truer to history than pretty much any mainstream Hollywood movie I've ever seen. Nat's story is crazy and Nate Parker did a really good job with it.

Sch1sm

Got a octagonal gate and sanwa buttons in the mail yesterday, and I can feel the difference already. This stick will carry me all the way to silver.

Lucky you on that one. When I first ordered new buttons & such for my stick first time around, I had to change the weight/tension spring on my stick. 💀

Congratulations!

Numb

Not that they're all that relevant, buuuut:

Zendaya, Martha Hunt, Lily Aldridge, Hailee Steinfeld, Ellen Pompeo.

E: If you don't know who Taylor Swift is here, you're beyond help. 👀

How could i not know beef's waifu
Don't know the rest other than Zendaya

What do you guys think about Barack Obama?

Considering the next two potential replacements.. I'd be cool with him just staying in office another 4 years

I've always wonder what those were good for. Which character do you main if you don't mind me asking

Sch1sm

Shibasaki's Request = Dhalsim story mode vs. R Mika if no one figured it out yet.

Forearm, you better show face in this game over some NBA game. My dude. The Knicks are as trash as their colourway.

---

My bad on leaving so abruptly, guys. I forgot I told a friend I'd play some with him on Killer Instinct at 9. I'll be back for the rest of the night, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom