• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

I killed my midterm today and work was pleasantly slow, I'm feeling pretty on top of shit now, honestly.
JRAxmCL.gif

Theres got to be a way we can make a graph depicting the correlation between race and enjoyment of Luke Cage. I honestly think that show was so black that white people felt left out and gave up.

Anyone watch 13th yet?

Yes. I finished it today. Interesting and very informative. I had no idea the US held 1/4 of the world's prisoners and wasn't quite aware about store products being made by prison slave labor.

I also want to read The New Jim Crow now and about Asata Shakur and Angela Davis.

Yes. I finished it today. Interesting and very informative. I had no idea the US held 1/4 of the world's prisoners and wasn't quite aware about store products being made by prison slave labor.

I think that part messed me up the most. I used to work at a university and they were only permitted to purchase furniture from state suppliers. I found out later it was prison made items. After seeing the documentary I couldn't believe that all those companies were in on it too.

People spend so much time in an up roar about poor work conditions over seas, when wild stuff is happening underneath our noses.

I also want to read The New Jim Crow now and about Asata Shakur and Angela Davis.

Can I trouble you to let me know if you find any good reads. These two icons def peaked my interested in the same way.

I was aware of it after that Boondocks episode with Booty Warrior and Huey pointed out

karasu

Theres got to be a way we can make a graph depicting the correlation between race and enjoyment of Luke Cage. I honestly think that show was so black that white people felt left out and gave up.

That would be pretty sad considering we watch the whitest of shit all of the damn time.

Zekes!

I haven't finished the season yet but it might be my favourite of the Marvel shows

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok well neogaf went on maintenance and turned off all images while I was looking at some news tweets.
EditEdit's just appear to have no effect but still make the edit.
Also, Donald Glover is a dad now? How did I miss this?

RedSwirl

Ok well neogaf went on maintenance and turned off all images while I was looking at some news tweets.
Edit: site seems ok now.
yeah still seems off

Here's what I hear people suggesting: The generation that's in power when immortality get's figured out will probably stay in power forever. Of course that same person also suggested our generation will just miss out on that opportunity.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Here's what I hear people suggesting: The generation that's in power when immortality get's figured out will probably stay in power forever. Of course that same person also suggested our generation will just miss out on that opportunity.

Well whoever gets immortality first is gonna probably stay in power because then they can easily kill the opposition like a secret modern day vampire. Shit, I should write that story tomorrow.

zeemumu

EditEdit's just appear to have no effect but still make the edit.

Immortality is a bit of a crapshoot. Nothing is built to handle that.

Laws00

I feel as though I don't understand what is going on in this thread nor any of these topics are relevant to me.

:(

Sch1sm

Mornin'

Forgot to mention but thanks for the detailed Gears info..

No sweat. I'll dump more impressions the more I play.

I feel as though I don't understand what is going on in this thread nor any of these topics are relevant to me.

:(

Aw, sorry. You can always ask if confused. Seems lately it's been a fair bit about this documentary on Netflix called 13th. THAT and Luke Cage, another show called Atlanta. And feel free to post about something you want to talk about. We get lost in fighting games, bad jokes, and even worse jokes. 😒 I apologise.

Laws00

No sweat. I'll dump more impressions the more I play.

Aw, sorry. You can always ask if confused. Seems lately it's been a fair bit about this documentary on Netflix called 13th. THAT and Luke Cage, another show called Atlanta. And feel free to post about something you want to talk about. We get lost in fighting games, bad jokes, and even worse jokes. 😒 I apologise.

Eh it's not a problem. I'm just like whatever when I see things talked about. I do visit here spy on this thread though lol

Anybody see Birth of a Nation?

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
So...

I am having to step away from the political sphere around me for a sec. It seems that folks swing either far left, or far right, and its just... tiring.

Why does the presidential election bring out the worst in people?

Kreed

So...

I am having to step away from the political sphere around me for a sec. It seems that folks swing either far left, or far right, and its just... tiring.

Why does the presidential election bring out the worst in people?

1) Like anything with "sides" (Sports, Gaming companies, etc) you're going to be dealing with a competitive environment and the behavior that comes with having sides.

2) People in general put more importance on presidential elections since it's the "top" elected office vs State and local offices.

3) Because of 2, Presidential elections get more TV/Internet coverage, which means more exposure and more investment for people watching the coverage.

4) TV/Internet coverage of the elections has also become influenced by "sides", allowing people to choose coverage that fits what they want to hear, in addition to being available 24/7.

5) One of the "sides" has imploded this election (arguably they have been imploding for a while), creating lots of material for the coverage and pushing people on both sides further one way or the other.

Where you're from - Richmond VA
Where you live - Richmond
What is your age? - 29
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - ALL black everything team dark skin
Do you know your roots - not really besides my ancestors being slaves
Favorite musical genre - rap hip hop japanese and korean rap hip hop
Your profession/major/career interest - social worker
Your religious affiliation - Jewish
Hobbies - gaming ,pro black community , watching tariq nasheed, anime
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - only meat i eat is fish
Marvel or DC? - MANGA OVER EVERYTHING
Favorite superhero? - spiderman if i had to pick one
Anime or Nah? - anime
Favorite sport and team? - dont have a fav team , basketball
What's your favorite Disney movie? - lion king , aladdin , and oilver and company

Numb

Where you're from - Richmond VA
Where you live - Richmond
What is your age? - 29
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - ALL black everything team dark skin
Do you know your roots - not really besides my ancestors being slaves
Favorite musical genre - rap hip hop japanese and korean rap hip hop
Your profession/major/career interest - social worker
Your religious affiliation - Jewish
Hobbies - gaming ,pro black community , watching tariq nasheed, anime
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - only meat i eat is fish
Marvel or DC? - MANGA OVER EVERYTHING
Favorite superhero? - spiderman if i had to pick one
Anime or Nah? - anime
Favorite sport and team? - dont have a fav team basketball
What's your favorite Disney movie? - lion king , alladin oilver and company
welcome