• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

Out of curiosity from venturing into another thread, what's the proper way to ask about someones background?

Serious Answer; Probably just: "Whats your ancestry?" or "Tell me bout your family history if you don't mind"

harSon answer: "Do you have black in ya?"
"No"
"Do you want some?
shaq.png
"

Serious Answer; Probably just: "Whats your ancestry?" or "Tell me bout your family history if you don't mind"

harSon answer: "Do you have black in ya?"
"No"
"Do you want some?
shaq.png
"

LOL

don't ask, just tell them about your family tree and lineage and see if they reciprocate.

Now that is interesting, I never really thought much about it. I asked my girlfriend and she basically went into the whole argument I read in the aforementioned thread. I can see how that's offense, but also know (well i'd like to assume) that isn't the intent. I can't judge what would anger someone while it wouldn't bother me. Can never judge another man's racism. Definitely will use more caution in the future.

RedSwirl

That clip has brought up a question for me? Has anybody ever done an interview asking what it's like to be the one white actor on a black show/movie?

Sch1sm

Morning all...

Morning.. How's Gears?

I've mostly played campaign, like a lot of it. A lot of replaying it because I joined coop with friends who were at the start. I'm at the start of Act IV. Game started really strong, but it started to drag with the enemies throughout Act I & Act II. It felt like horde mode a few times, didn't vibe with it solo. Was okay coop, but man. The dialogue is funny, or absolute trash, depends on how you feel about Marcus "Old Man Yelling At The Sky" Fenix, sometimes. Slays me. 😂 Controls are tight, though. Game is beautiful, doesn't got that brown tint that plagues the other Gears games. Scenery is actually 10/10. They outdid themselves on that considering how much of this franchise was spent underground fighting locusts. 😭

Haven't touched MP except once but there's a lot of complaints about people getting shuffled into the same map repeatedly rather than getting another one. Dunno how Epic Games fucked that up when I reported it during their beta, but it is what it is. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ It's a little broken, too, in that I can coop with someone playing Insane, while set to Casual myself, and get the achievements for insane mode. Dunno how they overlooked that, but it's certainly being abused.

Village

How is everyone doin

My phone's youtube just reminded me schomoyo exists, those dudes always make the debates a bit more entertaining in song form.

TheFlow

Banned
Donald Trump is doing a rally 5 mins from my house. sigh traffic is going to suck.

ma told me to go out there and try to make it on the news -____-.

andthebeatgoeson

Verizon is trash tier. 2 people being the counter, helping people and 2-3 people just standing on the floor, that do absolutely nothing but take your name. I should just continue to buy everything from Amazon.

I know Amazon will just fuck with jobs in this country but it's a pain to walk into a store and deal with their trash.

Dude has a row of dead pixels on how galaxy 7, she asks him if he bent it, goes thru an uncomfortable silence, tells him about how they'll send it to a factory and may have to charge him if it's damaged.

I know it's policy but dead pixels sounds like a screen problem and it comes off as a scare tactic. Turns me off. I'm sitting here for 20 minutes to exchange my broken car charger that lasted for 3 months and i feel like I'm tired of tech that can't last 2 years.

And I'm ready to be done with these dudes. Looking at 2-3 people not doing anything with 6 customers in the store, just waiting. They could clear this out in the past 20 minutes. They are playing some music and i want them to work, not play music. Fuck your shitty speakers you want to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom