• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...so what did I miss,..

Have you ever had sex with someone who was expressionless and dead quiet during sex, and made you feel like your strokes ain't shit? And with an audience of stuffed dead animals glaring at you from all corners of the room?

I mean...wow. I can't even imagine how I would stay in the mood during some ish like that. I'm trying to picture it in my head those cold expressionless staring back at you.
Whoo, man not going to lie, sounds like a book/movie I would like to read.

Fuck applying for colleges yo

Cool, what degree are you looking into?

Fuck college in general.

I'm mainly furious because I haven't gotten shit since I got out, but when I see and read stuff like this, it confirms that there is a serious problem wit higher education.

But let me lighten this shit up, what y'all looking forward to for the rest of this year?

I mean yeah s*** is crazy. It's an instituionalized generator of debt and cash. It's BS at it's finest.

It's sad people get degree in what they love and s*** but the reality is it doesn't get you s***.

I've been lucky I guess, I got a BA in English at the end of 2015. Since then I've been interning, started a blog, write for other websites.

But as far as work goes? Next month I'm moving into a position at my job handling social media and company pr. My degree and resume for sure helped me land that job. I plan to keep putting the s*** I learned to use.

Admittedly, I wish I could land a pr/social media assistant job with a game/movie/tv/music company. But in time it'll happen.

In short, college really is about what you do while getting that degree, interning, networking and whatever. That's the thing people (like myself) should really have thought about.

Who here is waiting to double dip into Skyrim?

Never beat it and spent maybe 70 something hours playing it. Planning on a Graphics card upgrade but hopefully my PC's natural specs can run the remaster so it won't really be double dipping. I already double dipped when I sold my 360 and its games and bought Skyrim again on Steam

Sch1sm

Iiiii will not. Put hundreds of hours into it on PS3, finished it. It's done and dead to me.

Never beat it and spent maybe 70 something hours playing it. Planning on a Graphics card upgrade but hopefully my PC's natural specs can run the remaster so it won't really be double dipping. I already double dipped when I sold my 360 and its games and bought Skyrim again on Steam

If you have all the dlc, you're auto upgraded. If not, it's really not more than some texture packs. No loss.

Nah. I don't like Skyrim, i find it boring.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

I bought it, couldn't get past the first hour or so without being bored out of my mind.

Though I was jealous of my friends who put in mad hours in that game and were talking to each other about it at work and shit. I wish I could've found it as exciting as they did :(

D i Z

My computer can't run the uprez version i get for free, so I will wait for a sale for the ps4 version or after christmas. Dragonballs and infinite warfare should keep me busy until Horizons

Same on the computer front.

Nah. I don't like Skyrim, i find it boring.

cut-me-deep.jpg

I understand. I know a ton of people that feel the same. I was absolutely glued to it in the completely opposite way.

Iiiii will not. Put hundreds of hours into it on PS3, finished it. It's done and dead to me.

If you have all the dlc, you're auto upgraded. If not, it's really not more than some texture packs. No loss.

I never finished it either. I put in over 800 hours on two saves just ignoring most of the main campaign, and only meddled in the silly mortal politic'in in between my hunting down all of the foul shit that was in hiding or slumbering.

LionPride

Banned

I bought it, couldn't get past the first hour or so without being bored out of my mind.

Though I was jealous of my friends who put in mad hours in that game and were talking to each other about it at work and shit. I wish I could've found it as exciting as they did :(

I've learned I can't do open world RPGs at all, not fun for me after a while

D i Z

I've learned I can't do open world RPGs at all, not fun for me after a while

I'm the opposite. The more restrictions in an RPG, the more linear the story and progression, the quicker I check out and start playing it on auto while I watch a show, or catch up on some browsing.

D i Z

Actually, there are exceptions to the formula that don't go down that well for me either.
Fallout 4 bored me so badly, I don't think I'll ever touch it again. Fallout 3 was fantastic though. If they did a remaster of New Vegas, I wouldn't touch that one either, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on that one as well.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
New Vegas was the only open world WRPG I've played, and I loved it. It always felt like there were two or three different paths to take, and a half dozen different ways to get things done on each path.

Shy

Yeah.

But for me Dark Souls came out at the same time. So i had that.
I understand. I know a ton of people that feel the same. I was absolutely glued to it in the completely opposite way.
Sorry my fam.
Ditto. Skyrim does nothing for me. Witcher 3 was my open-world jam.
Yep. Fucking love good ol' Jerry the Witcher.
Only open world game I've finished is Aleeping Dogs. I need structure
I fucking love Sleeping Dogs. Probably my favourite game of 2012. So, so good.

andthebeatgoeson

I am bandwagon fan, I like teams that win. I never understood why someone would be fan of team who always suck.
As i get older, i have a more nuanced view.

Used to only rep all Philly all day. Then they have all been different levels of shit for the past 5 years straight and i moved to the A.

So i get to indulge some other fanboyism. I'll always root for any Philly team but i can enjoy the occasional Seahawks win, pre all lives matter bs or LeBron doing historical things.

Bandwagon is just a made up thing. Yeah, it's great to finally see something that rarely happens (Phillies 2008) or that never happened (eagles getting an owl) but i still love sports and can root for the cavs while the sixers take a decade to wait till LeBron retires. Trust the process.

D i Z

Sleeping Dogs was so freaking good. I'm scratching my head at how that game didn't do better in sales, It had so much to offer! And this week that studio got a line through their name.

United-Front-Games_BIO_CloseCroppedboxart_160w.jpg

*salute*

Shy

Sleeping Dogs was so freaking good. I'm scratching my head at how that game didn't do better in sales, It had so much to offer! And this week that studio got a line through their name.

United-Front-Games_BIO_CloseCroppedboxart_160w.jpg

*salute*
Yeah. That was really depressing.
s60kT0V.gif

Village

Sleeping dogs its great. It makes me wanna go back and play true crimes and in turn that makes me wanna play sleeping dogs again.

True crimes is a weird fucking game.

BigDes

Sleeping dogs its great. It makes me wanna go back and play true crimes and in turn that makes me wanna play sleeping dogs again.

True crimes is a weird fucking game.

Is that the game where it is just GTA till like the last mission and then suddenly ninjas and ancient Chinese dragons?

Zekes!

Just got back from seeing Hannibal Buress. Incredible show. Halfway through the set he had to go take a shit though, for real. It was hilarious

Him and his opener, Al Jackson kept remarking how there were no Black people in our city. I thought about making some noise but figured they'd be confused by this white looking dude cheering

Lightskin troubles

Village

Is that the game where it is just GTA till like the last mission and then suddenly ninjas and ancient Chinese dragons?
It was kind of like GTA? But you were a cop and solved crimes and arrested people. So there wasn't a last misssion, there were last missions, the game had multiple story paths , so yeah one of them was fighting a dragon. Another one was another hard ass kung fu fight with some dude on the top of a building you had just John wu'ed your way through.

There was a lot of weird stuff in that game, like stealthing through an SnM dungeon. Or being able to duel wield a shotgun and a rifle because fuck it. Also I think that game had bullet time. Also the voice actor for cosmo from the fairly odd parents was like 70% of all the male pedestrians.

Also the reason I bring it up is because IIRC sleeping dogs was supposed to be, that.

Also you can just go around arresting people as snoop dog.

I've been sad all my life waiting for the Dolphins or the Bears win. Sexy Rexy and Hester almost made it so that hurt

I wish I didn't buy it the first time. I'm not in the crowd of encouraging their fucked up game engine. The wait on their community to fix it til the next time

Fuck em list (reason)
1) Ubisoft (everything they do)
2) EA (for Madden 06-08, will be off list in 2018)
3) Valve (lifetime membership)
3) Bungie (til they make a good game after Halo 1)

Awaiting approval
The makers of Civilization (for their bullshit integrating steam)
Activision (til Modern Warfare is sold standalone)

Numb

I wish I didn't buy it the first time. I'm not in the crowd of encouraging their fucked up game engine. The wait on their community to fix it til the next time
Had the PS3 version and put alot of time into it even tho it was nigh unplayable further in

Decided to just wait on the GOTY version from their games starting that day

Sch1sm

Had the PS3 version and put alot of time into it even tho it was nigh unplayable further in

Decided to just wait on the GOTY version from their games starting that day

Yeah, the PS3 bugs are literally the only reason I have so much play time in that game. Some real main campaign breaking things, like the inability to pay off fines to Markarth made it impossible to complete the quest there. Took forever to fix, too. 😒

Numb

Yeah, the PS3 bugs are literally the only reason I have so much play time in that game. Some real main campaign breaking things, like the inability to pay off fines to Markarth made it impossible to complete the quest there. Took forever to fix, too. 😒
There was also the the save file issue
Launching games like this must be a feature for them

Elder Scrolls hasn't been good since Morrowind, and even then I got bored. The Witcher 3, on the other hand, has turned out to be way more interesting and neater than I ever imagined it would be. I always though Geralt was another boring focus-tested hero, but boy was I wrong.

Just wish you could customize it a bit more. My wife asks me every time I get a game if you can play as a girl, and most of the time I have to tearfully say no. Then when a game features a female protagonist, the female protagonist usually isn't badass enough, like Shantae, or the RPG is something she hates, like Star Wars. Jade Empire might work, but it might be too old-looking for her to get into now. Mass Effect is too Star Wars-y. Basically anything in space is out, but she likes medieval and some fantasy stuff like Fable, but she hates Lord of the Rings because it's a big franchise. Cyberpunk might be too sci-fi for her when that comes out too. Sigh, she helps me realize just how much games are garbage for finding representative characters for everybody.

It's nice to be able to play Witcher 3 on ultra, though, with 60 fps. During Gwent FPS goes up to like 1,000+, but that's a static screen mostly. I'm not used to being able to play new games this well, or that look this good. I've never had that before. It's weird.

D i Z

Top of it, BCT!!!

There was also the the save file issue
Launching games like this must be a feature for them

You've just gotta be careful where you leave your messes. It was infuriating before the fix, but I muscled through by baggin and depositing everything that I wanted. It's crazy how they still to this day have no real solution to the file size explosion problem.

Y'all watching walking dead tonight?

I really can't with that show. All it's got left to sell is pure batshit crazy and nonsense. They're running out of tricks.

Has she tried/looked at Dragon Age: Inquisition, Fawf? Plenty of options in terms of creation there.

Trying to bore the poor woman to death? Inquisition was the sum total of all of biowares mistakes from DAO and ME1 to present. The Dr.s knew where it was going, and they got out while the getting was good.

Sch1sm

Trying to bore the poor woman to death? Inquisition was the sum total of all of biowares mistakes from DAO and ME1 to present. The Dr.s knew where it was going, and they got out while the getting was good.

No, no. Dragon Age 2 was that mistake. Inquisiton wasn't all that bad in comparison. It's very much a YMMV title, but it's 2 years old now and you can probably get it on the cheap, so why not. Inquisition still the best ARPG in terms of character appearance customization, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom