• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
DA:I with all the DLC is a great deal. They patched in a lot of nice options... random boss enemies, enemies level with you, fixed the economy up, etc
I kid you not:

All I said was along the lines of "Ya`ll doin too much with the horse jokes"

so this is still the thread where 4 year old jokes still rock and everything else is stolen from the coli

word

Kreed

I kid you not:

All I said was along the lines of "Ya`ll doin too much with the horse jokes"

That's just when you were upgraded. You had multiple "disappointment" periods before that in DY's absence. That said...

so this is still the thread where 4 year old jokes still rock and everything else is stolen from the coli

word

It's hard to beat the original. You can feel the "where did we go wrong?" energy exploding from the post like a Note 7.

Tyler-Perrys-Boo-A-Madea-Halloween-poster-4.jpg

Thanks to everyone for supporting black films.

I dont see how Birth of a Nation was a bomb

Budget was 8 mill and searchlight bought for 15 mill, so far the movie has a total of 15 million in theaters . I didnt see a lot of advertising for it other than youtube , it didn't do great tho

Salute to Perry tho he doing his thang black excellence , makes me want to get into film .

LionPride

Banned

Budget was 8 mill and searchlight bought for 15 mill, so far the movie has a total of 15 million in theaters . I didnt see a lot of advertising for it other than youtube , it didn't do great tho

Salute to Perry tho he doing his thang black excellence , makes me want to get into film .

What happened with Birth of a Nation is what happens when ya trash ass director decides to keep his goddamn foot in his mouth and people don't go see his movie. There was heavy advertising for it but Nate "I have nothing to apologize for" Parker is a fuck nigga

What happened with Birth of a Nation is what happens when ya trash ass director decides to keep his goddamn foot in his mouth and people don't go see his movie. There was heavy advertising for it but Nate "I have nothing to apologize for" Parker is a fuck nigga

I heard Oprah tried to help him out but he refused lol could've made a lot of the backlash go away with her influence .

Only black film I'm interested in going forward is Get Out didn't think Peele had it in him looks good. I really would like Perry to break away from what he is use to doing and try something different .

Still make his usual films but try something new he one of the few black men with real power and influence with the money to back it up that also doesn't kiss up to white people .

15 million is only like 10 to the studio. It's why they like overseas money, the state side breaks even then the overseas and the 45-55% they get over there is free money

jiza67jr9c2nzu7zmp4p.png

Trey

I am bandwagon fan, I like teams that win. I never understood why someone would be fan of team who always suck.

the fundamental reason of being a fan is to make a particular team an extension of yourself; to be a part of a community and an identity. It usually has a proximal component, be it family team or hometown team. It's a simple and charming concept.

By all means be a fan of the sport and follow the best teams - no one will deny you that right. Most fans of teams stuck in a rut are the same way. But you aren't claiming anyone, you aren't really a part of the history that makes a team's win so awesome. You don't have time invested. You have a temporary admiration of a team's current success until the Next Big Thing comes around.

LionPride

Banned
I heard Oprah tried to help him out but he refused lol could've made a lot of the backlash go away with her influence .

Only black film I'm interested in going forward is Get Out didn't think Peele had it in him looks good. I really would like Perry to break away from what he is use to doing and try something different .

Still make his usual films but try something new he one of the few black men with real power and influence with the money to back it up that also doesn't kiss up to white people .

Fuck Tyler Perry movies, honestly. Besides being a director/producer/everything that consistently hires black talent, his movies ain't good.

Fuck Tyler Perry movies, honestly. Besides being a director/producer/everything that consistently hires black talent, his movies ain't good.

Ehh opinions I liked the first Why did I get married and The Family that Preys. I will say his plays are way better than his movies tho.

Merc_

While I'm not fan of his movies, I have a hard time saying fuck the guy. Mostly because I know a decent amount of the hate his movies get is because they very clearly are made without any consideration to the white male audience. It's pretty much the same reason why 50 Shades and Twilight got such a disproportional amount of hate despite only being mediocre at best movies.

15 million is only like 10 to the studio. It's why they like overseas money, the state side breaks even then the overseas and the 45-55% they get over there is free money

jiza67jr9c2nzu7zmp4p.png

So they need to make like double ? I was just saying in the box office mojo thread that black films should open in more predominantly black countries across the globe and even in the UK where they have good amount of black people. There could be a fanbase for african american movies there.

Yea I saw that emmit till gravestone shooting straight up disrespectful, gives you a good look inside the minds of how racist have no sense of feelings towards us other than hate or indifference

Speaking of comedies, I just seen Cedric the Entertainer's newest standup on Netflix. It was alright, but the shit that got me was when he was talking about new age music he was listening to with his daughter in his car. He said his daughter was singing along with a girl on a hook then outta nowhere he heard

"But you gotta eat the booty like groceries!"

"WHERE IS YOLANDA ADAMS WHEN YOU NEED HER!!!!"
damn.png

mjlol.png

LionPride

Banned
While I'm not fan of his movies, I have a hard time saying fuck the guy. Mostly because I know a decent amount of the hate his movies get is because they very clearly are made without any consideration to the white male audience. It's pretty much the same reason why 50 Shades and Twilight got such a disproportional amount of hate despite only being mediocre at best movies.

I didn't say fuck him, I said fuck his movies. They ain't good to me. None of em. For Colored Girls does have the funniest thing I've seen in forever tho.

50 Shades is actually a terrible movie, on all accounts. The only thing I can say is that that was moving pictures on a screen

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Only movie I ever liked from Tyler Perry was "i Can Do Bad All By Myself" when my aunt took care of me and my siblings when my parents were out of town. I liked it at the time but if I were to watch it now I probably would have hated it.

Bubba T

I picked up my cap and gown yesterday and I took a look at their diploma frames. Let me tell you the cheapest frame was 130 motherfucking dollars

Do Better

Sleeping dogs its great. It makes me wanna go back and play true crimes and in turn that makes me wanna play sleeping dogs again.

True crimes is a weird fucking game.

I remember streets of LA being janky. Streets of NY was smoother, but had game ruining bugs :/

Sch1sm

I watched that new Tyler Perry movie just earlier. I didn't hate it. It's funny but then they overdo it until it's the, which I guess is the standard for his more comedic films. Lots of dead weight/filler. I dunno.

Freakin' Tyga, though. That choice of song.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
DA:I with all the DLC is a great deal. They patched in a lot of nice options... random boss enemies, enemies level with you, fixed the economy up, etc

word

yup

Has she tried/looked at Dragon Age: Inquisition, Fawf? Plenty of options in terms of creation there.

No, but it sounds bad. I've never been interested in it myself, but I'll show it to her and see if she finds it interesting. It'll be a while before I can buy anything, though, since she asked me to buy her We Happy Few, and I did. She was sad when she found out she couldn't be a girl in it.

Just got back from seeing Hannibal Buress. Incredible show. Halfway through the set he had to go take a shit though, for real. It was hilarious

Him and his opener, Al Jackson kept remarking how there were no Black people in our city. I thought about making some noise but figured they'd be confused by this white looking dude cheering

Lightskin troubles

What? Hannibal Buress hangs out with Eric Andre. He would have been cool with the lightskin shout.

Young Magus

word

............eh that's one way of putting it.
Tho newer jokes have come up recently

That's just when you were upgraded. You had multiple "disappointment" periods before that in DY's absence. That said...

It's hard to beat the original. You can feel the "where did we go wrong?" energy exploding from the post like a Note 7.

Two things:
1.) really 0~o.....recepts breh
2.) LOL at the note 7 jokes

2506301-wolf.gif

Didn't realize you were just humping air huh

Bruh that gif is jokes, one of the greatest bugs in gaming

Malyse

Shepard's pie is delicious, but it takes way too much goddamn effort to make. More difficult than the orange chiffon cake.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I watched that new Tyler Perry movie just earlier. I didn't hate it. It's funny but then they overdo it until it's the, which I guess is the standard for his more comedic films. Lots of dead weight/filler. I dunno.

Freakin' Tyga, though. That choice of song.

I loved it tbh

My friends and I were dying laughing through most of it.

D i Z

Shepard's pie is delicious, but it takes way too much goddamn effort to make. More difficult than the orange chiffon cake.

Yeah, it's a journey. Well worth the destination though. Especially if you are making enough for several meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom