• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Yeah, that's the Batman problem

The character is cool to watch but he's clearly no form of role model whatsoever. Pretty sure in some universe he killed himself after he got rid of all the crime

The character jsut shoots people then goes and cries in his van down the river. Even writers get tired of him hence all the crazy shit they done to him.

zeemumu

Did Tony blow up all of his suits at the end of Iron Man 3 because it wouldn't make sense for Ultram to not have taken over the house party protocoland end the movie immediately?

zeemumu

The character jsut shoots people then goes and cries in his van down the river. Even writers get tired of him hence all the crazy shit they done to him.

Yep that's batman without the whole shooting people thing, and the van is a mansion.

I hope Pau doesn't hear me speaking ill of Batman...

Johndoey

Banned
I think Frank is best used as a walking disaster area made of pure rage, and instead of really focusing on him explore how other characters react to him.

Slayven

Did Tony blow up all of his suits at the end of Iron Man 3 because it wouldn't make sense for Ultram to not have taken over the house party protocoland end the movie immediately?

I like to believe Ultron didn't take over the armors because he didn't want to be like Stark. Remember how angry he got when Klaw compared him to Stark?

Yep that's batman without the whole shooting people thing, and the van is a mansion.

I hope Pau doesn't hear me speaking ill of Batman...

Ultimately I think Batman isn't about Vengance, he is one of those dudes that is only happy when they are unhappy.

LotusHD

Banned
I know a few people who "didn't get" Luke Cage

Feel like it's slightly more trickier because the last 7 episodes really did dip in quality (As my friends like to say, "Fucking Diamondback..."), so it definitely deserves a lot of the criticism it gets, but yea, I'm still vigilant nonetheless.

I still remember that one thread where someone that claimed to be black really thought that because Luke Cage wasn't as good as it could've been, black people will think lesser of themselves. Like, what kind of fuckery...

I still find it so weird how GAF despises Jessica Jones with a passion despite everyone else on the internet going bonkers for it.

I just don't get it. The show was amazing; like I could recommend it to my friends who are completely disinterested in superhero shows because it was just that good. Yea, pacing could be better, but they really do be acting like that show killed their family or something.

Feel like it's slightly more trickier because the last 7 episodes really did dip in quality (As my friends like to say, "Fucking Diamondback..."), but yea, I'm still vigilant nonetheless.

I still remember that one thread where someone that claimed to be black really thought that because Luke Cage wasn't as good as it could've been, black people will think lesser of themselves. Like, what kind of fuckery...

I just don't get it. The show was amazing; like I could recommend it to my friends who are completely disinterested in superhero shows because it was just that good. Yea, pacing could be better, but they really do be acting like that show killed their family or something.
Yeah, it was the same for Luke Cage for me. My mother don't fuck with superhero shows, but she was into Luke Cage. I usually watch these shows by myself.

Zaverious

The shows, especially Jessica Jones, just get boring and go at a slow pace that I don't care for at the second half. It doesn't help that the shows aren't as crazy as I want them to be like their comic counterparts so eh. Imma keep watching them because they're Marvel and to pass the time though.

D i Z

Nioh doesn't arrive until Thursday, but I have a commission to work on while I wait.

DudeWaiting.gif

zeemumu

It's almost Valentines Day and I keep getting hit with various reminders. I think my parents assume I have a secret girlfriend and I don't have the heart to tell them I've been single this whole time

Zekes!

Oh, Canada.

Zekes, I didn't even know this was a thing until I read this article. Atlantic Canada living in the past or what?

What, really? That's crazy. I knew that in New Brunswick abortion clinics often face / faced protest by pro-life groups and that the whole issue of abortion over there was super stigmatized. The population of PEI is tiny, so I can see how ingrained attitudes of the population would've prevented a clinic from opening all this time.

Damn, I never really think about Atlantic Canada outside of Nova Scotia.

Dai101

Banned
I still find it so weird how GAF despises Jessica Jones with a passion despite everyone else on the internet going bonkers for it.

Seeing how the women march tread went and how much of it were 99% dudes arguing about how it should went doesn't surprises me.

Nioh is great y'all.

Could someone fill me in on why charter schools are bad? I went to public school, then a trade high school, so I have no idea what they're like. Do they negatively affect lower income people?

I curved a chick in the nicest way possibly on public transportation.

She hit me with "You look Ethiopian" (that's a first) and struck up a convo.

Izuna

Banned
Wrote my own Tenancy Agreement I hope these guys will sign. It is not a good idea for anyone to not record or sign shit.

Like, name and date in a couple places pls. My Mum is even coming with.

Trust has nothing to do with it.

I know these London folks don't care for legal stuff but like, Murphy's Law and all that.

~~

Can't wait to move then immediately search for a new part time asap.

I went to one. It was the most broken down bootleg school I ever been to.

Yep, they are reliant more on private funding more than state funding in most cases and since a lot of them are private enterprises, they take the state money and funnel it towards their charters pockets. All of them aren't bad, for sure, they are something that should be regulated more than they are but they are necessary.

It's just that a lot of them are sketchy as fuck.

LotusHD

Banned
You won't see my ass for a week once it drops, already planning on taking a PTO day for 3/3.

Usually I chill in the OT threads, but I might make an exception for Zelda seeing as how we can all potentially encounter different things/environments at different times.

Usually I chill in the OT threads, but I might make an exception for Zelda seeing as how we can all potentially encounter different things/environments at different times.

I think the guys at Easy Allies described it best.

"It's Zelda 1, you start the game, you get your basic gear, then you go out into the world and it tells you 'go'".

And that sounds like fucking crack to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom