• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

It's a lesson Sony had to learn 2x over although I'll argue they almost had it if that 3DS redesign never happened

Nah. Nintendo has never lost in the dedicated handheld arena. Game Boy to Game Boy Color to Gameboy Advance to DS to 3DS. All winners
because Pikachu

Sch1sm

Kreed with the truth. Let 'em. Be free and go on like you normally would. Not getting anything from this sorta thing.

Stop giving those sandbox babies attention. If they come in here, do like Jandro and call the police. Otherwise who cares. If a bunch of 30-40+ year old men that can't figure out how to turn their devotion to the "magical negros" that took their life (GAF) away in the Black Culture Thread into something that could help them better themselves like a career that would allow them to work behind a computer screen so no one has to see their lifeless faces from the comfort of their parent's basement/attic with plenty of time to play with their roach infested PS4s so that they wouldn't care about GAF so much in the first place...want to spend the rest of their lives crying about us and creating fan fiction about us really being white guys to help them cope with not having any other joys in life, let them knock themselves out. Literally. And I hope they are still doing it well into their 50s and 60s when we're all long gone, taking screen shots of old BCT topics to cope with not having shit to do anymore.

giggle.gif

Kreed with the truth. Let 'em. Be free and go on like you normally would. Not getting anything from this sorta thing.

Indeed. Morning, sis..

Nah. Nintendo has never lost in the dedicated handheld arena. Game Boy to Game Boy Color to Gameboy Advance to DS to 3DS. All winners
because Pikachu

They never lost, but the original PSP gave it a run when it first dropped. It didn't really take off until the DS Lite, and then it was back to business as usual

Sch1sm

I have a small group presentation today. I get nervous on these things.

I used to suffer from the same. Just breathe. Take it slow.

My anxiety over presentations used to be so bad I'd shake like a leaf. Knees weak tier of shook. Trembling voice, fast talking. Only really got over it through forced exposure and a lot of self pacing. Was always worse the longer I had to wait to present, 'cause it compounds at that point. Man. I don't miss them, but I can do them now.

My anxiety over presentations used to be so bad I'd shake like a leaf. Knees weak tier of shook. Trembling voice, fast talking. Only really got over it through forced exposure and a lot of self pacing. Was always worse the longer I had to wait to present, 'cause it compounds at that point. Man. I don't miss them, but I can do them now.

Same I used to just offer to go first to get it over with. Still can't deal, and dont miss them at all.

zeemumu

I go into autopilot because my body won't allow me to actually panic.

zeemumu

Least it's a group one. Good luck, either way!

Normally that wouldn't be so bad but I've gotten so used to doing that to escape anxiety that it happens all the time and make me come off as disinterested in normal conversation.

And thanks. It's at 1 so I've got about 5 hours to prep.

D i Z

Going by some people the Netflix Marvel shows are worse then being dragged over broken glass

Was just about to say the same thing. Struggling through the subscription Netflix shows, but not missing a beat with the CW Arrow. They do know that they don't need the chill part of Netflix and chill to actually get through the content, right?

zeemumu

Arrow keeps the action constant while the Netflix shows keep things grounded (barring Daredevil season 2) and are heavy on quiet scenes. Jessica Jones could just have a knife instead of powers and the story probably wouldn't change much

Slayven

Was just about to say the same thing. Struggling through the subscription Netflix shows, but not missing a beat with the CW Arrow. They do know that they don't need the chill part of Netflix and chill to actually get through the content, right?

I really think people are rushing to finish them instead of just watching them. Binging is some times the worse way to consume something.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I still find it so weird how GAF despises Jessica Jones with a passion despite everyone else on the internet going bonkers for it.

D i Z

I still find it so weird how GAF despises Jessica Jones with a passion despite everyone else on the internet going bonkers for it.

I mean, is it really that weird? If we were placing bets before hand on how it would be received here, I don't think any of us would have lost a dime.

JJ has been my favorite so far.

Izuna

Banned
DareDevil sucked entirely apart from near the end of S1 and near the beginning of S2. For very brief periods. Took me AGES to finish watching them.

JJ I finished in like 24h because it was amazing.
LC was fucking phenomenal.

Slayven

As a comic fan I would forever be creepied out by the love of The Punisher.

Feels like people just take the wrong message away from the character

Johndoey

Banned
The main plot of Jessica Jones is great, some of the side shit bogs the show show down. Luke Cage was a disappointment, it's just meandering and dull, and completely fails to tackle any issues it brings up in a meaningful way.

zeemumu

Nah it's deeper I think people just really get off on a dude that goes around shooting folks in the face.

Yeah, that's the Batman problem

The character is cool to watch but he's clearly no form of role model whatsoever. Pretty sure in some universe he killed himself after he got rid of all the crime

Izuna

Banned
As a comic fan I would forever be creepied out by the love of The Punisher.

Feels like people just take the wrong message away from the character

We don't see him cause any collateral do we?

But you know what? He has nothing on BvS Batman for straight up murdering people (with guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom