• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Nioh is great y'all.

Could someone fill me in on why charter schools are bad? I went to public school, then a trade high school, so I have no idea what they're like. Do they negatively affect lower income people?
They take public funds and apply it to schools with less accountability and no teachers unions. Any jerk off with an eye for making money can get a few educators, administrators, write up a proposal and get a site, then siphon public funds.

Teacher unions are a thorn in Republican sides because of workers rights. They mobilize and get out the vote. So, you attack unions. If you can get a small cottage industry that claims to be about school choice, you lower their power. You simultaneous push thru no child left behind while promoting substandard charter schools.

I've seen it up close with my old church in new jersey. Some places, like cherry Hill, have good schools. Our church tried to launch a charter school and the district rebuffed. They didn't want to lose public funds. And seeing the behind-the-scenes, they were right. Our 'people', including the pastor, were probably more interested in the funds to prop up the church. Yeah, they talked a lot about instructing kids but they really just wanted to get kids in seats to generate revenue.

You have funds, you can hire people. You control jobs and that can generate revenue. Something that wasn't their before. Then you can pay for a large facility just on the rent of the school.

And it's on the backs of poor people. The public schools are shit because of the systemic problems. So, you use their agony to harm the whole community. Either way, i don't trust any Republican who talks about school choice. They have proven time and time again that they hate poor people and do not have their best interests in mind.

I am glad Zelda looking like it has some meat on it, cause folks will be playing it for a loooooooong time.

Even when you compliment it you still have to include that shade lol

You're a married spud

833d95a8cba6f23dc4f8b54ced7f55ab.jpg

I'm just not trying to get caught slippin

TP and Skyward are eh, TP suffers from open world-itis and Skyward has 3 environments that they make you go too four different times.

But this one? Where I can leave the opening of the game and IMMEDIATELY run to go fight Ganon?

Oh hell yes.

D i Z

Just saw those racist ass panda's. Lawd.....

Evening and welcome back fam.

I pre ordered it also.

I hope i don't regret it. Money is quite tight this month.

Yo, what up fam.
I'm on a shoe string budget myself, but it I think this one is worth the stretch. I've already pumped triple digit hours into this game from the pre-release sessions alone.

LotusHD

Banned
I think the guys at Easy Allies described it best.

"It's Zelda 1, you start the game, you get your basic gear, then you go out into the world and it tells you 'go'".

And that sounds like fucking crack to me.

Damn straight.

Zelda is like one of the few video game franchises I would never doubt.

Same. Though some mainline entries are weaker than others, I've never straight up hated any of the games.

Slayven

lol..Such sincerity..
G Man why you tripping. I am actually jealous of the Switch schedule. It forces you to play a game before getting another one, whenever that is. Here I am on the PS4 worrying if i can finish Horzions before Mass Effect and Persona. Switch will be so stress free in that regard.

I said goddamn, why am i just now seeing this?

Hey everyone, about to pick up a new game for the PS4. So my choices are:

Killing Floor 2

Wasteland 2

Witcher 3 complete edition

Yakuza 0

Nioh

Gravity Rush 2

Any suggestions?

Hey everyone, about to pick up a new game for the PS4. So my choices are:

PC

Killing Floor 2 - Better on PC as its already lackluster without mods

Wasteland 2

Witcher 3 complete edition
-------------------------------------------------
Console

Yakuza 0

Nioh

Gravity Rush 2

Any suggestions?

Just my opinion as to what platform you'll get the most out of gameplay wise with via mods and all. I'm sure others can give further input.

D i Z

Ahh. Cool. I look forward to it then.

Since we're boys, I'mma send you some free codes to my tip hot line.
You can call toll free for hot dress up tips for William, the best of evening wear Ninja gear, and sandal coordination with pole arm weapons.

1-800 GET GUDDR.

Shy

Since we're boys, I'mma send you some free codes to my tip hot line.
You can call toll free for hot dress up tips for William, the best of evening wear Ninja gear, and sandal coordination with pole arm weapons.

1-800 GET GUDDR.
Thanks for the look out. *dials number*

Zekes!

Picaked up the complete edition of Witcher 3 for PS4. Wish me luck.

I wish I saw Yakuza 0 but I didn't.

Witcher 3 is gonna last you a long ass time fam.

I fell off of it pretty far in, and now I'm scared to even attempt to a) get back into it from where I left off, or b) restart it. I might just have to leave it be, even though I'd love to finish it.

I've defeated you yet again, public speaking

One of my biggest goals when I went back to school was to get better at public speaking. 18-year old me, who dealt with social anxiety his whole life, would never believe that I can stand in front a bunch of people and talk relatively calmly and off of the top of my head without notes.

LionPride

Banned
I love public speaking, dunno why

I'm nervous as shit with a mic and a script in my hand, but ask me to speak to donors or some shit? I'm your guy

D i Z

I cannot make it through a presentation or work meeting without a fuck dropping in there.

I've got the same problem.

....haven't had a promotion in years...

Witcher 3 is gonna last you a long ass time fam.

I fell off of it pretty far in, and now I'm scared to even attempt to a) get back into it from where I left off, or b) restart it. I might just have to leave it be, even though I'd love to finish it.

The first time that I took a break from it to play some other shit, I went back in after they had the first round of patches. I was so used to playing around the jank that the improvements were constantly tripping me up.
The last time I went back in it was easier. I figured out how to avoid the dlc content that I wasn't leveled for and got into the side quests and hunts to get my Witcher legs back. Picking back up on dropped storyline quests is daunting without adjustment time.

Holy shit Danielle got problems.

Also I manage to luck out and get moved along the chain simply because I am competent and make sure my shit and the shit I'm in charge of works. While other team leads... well.

D i Z

Also I manage to luck out and get moved along the chain simply because I am competent and make sure my shit and the shit I'm in charge of works. While other team leads... well.

DT's Danielle? You ain't even lying. I bet we haven't even heard the wildest shit from her either.

Slayven

You mean the girl that did a 3some just to get some guys to live her house might not be well.

Oh the 3some is where she broke her arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom