• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Morning all, how goes it? Playing Witcher 3 so far and it's pretty good. Now that I know I can completely heal myself with meditation.
Yeah, been playing that recently and it's exactly the kind of game I needed at this point.

I recommend bumping up the difficulty above the default so you can't fully shut your mind down while playing it.

Izuna

Banned
I'm against consensus here so I thought I'd address my thoughts.

I don't want a blanket ban on third party tools/converter for a few reasons:
- I'm not that serious
- I don't even play those games
- Obvs. It removes tools used for inclusion

That being said, XIM, used that non-disabled gamers is something I consider cheating. People underestimate it's similarity to a native mouse, as well as the differences between KBAM and controller.

And I think the latter is because of auto-aim that usually comes with controller. We know in Overwatch /Titanfall 2 that controller auto-aim allows for some plays you can't really do on KBAM. It's debateable if it's fair, balanced etc.

What XIM does is give you both. There's videos on this... It's the ultimate tool and if it's ability with mouse and auto-aim existed as third party software, it would be considered an aimbot (albeit light).

One of the reasons why Overwatch on PC has no auto-aim for controllers is to out right remove this choice.

So while I'd believe KBAM vs. Controller is lop-sided to the superior input device, it's a whole other story when it comes to XIM.

But of course, we can't do anything about it, especially if the consequence is removing support of tools for inclusion.

Sch1sm

Mornin...
Cracker? +_+

Him too?
I just found out The Weeknd is Canadian. So many people secretly Canadian. Atleast he is also East African. Plus points

Gaming side can never see the light

Weeknd is actually from my area of Toronto, even. But yeah, Ryan Gosling is a west coast Canada guy, iirc.

Lied to myself. I'm experiencing buyer's remorse 'cause I really don't like them on foot or in person. RIP me.

.eJwVzMENwyAMAMBdGACDKbWTbRBBhCrUCNxX1N2r3gB3m8-8zG5O1bF2gKOtLPOwS2WmWmwVqVdJoy2bpUNSTfns5a0LPHrnAiI_2MXwjESAxJtztDFyCJ4wMrT-b16jmu8PvcYhzA.Qgd6KE1BEkfWP_Ftiy8tY9k6ll0

Foggy as hell lol..

Is it too early to drink fog away? ayyy.

Morning all, how goes it? Playing Witcher 3 so far and it's pretty good. Now that I know I can completely heal myself with meditation.

Slept like a rock, pretty good morning. Witcher 3 is amazing fam, not sure how far in you are, but take your time and explore, drink it in. It's one of the finest games I've ever played.

"you're overqualified" is the dumbest shit. What, you think I'll do the job too well? Come the fuck on.

Its just a nice way of saying, we don't want to pay you what you should normally earn and you seem like you're smart enough to notice that we'll be short changing you so intellectually you are overqualified and we can't have you ruining our shit.

Edit: Frozen got it

It's all bullshit.

"you're overqualified" is the dumbest shit. What, you think I'll do the job too well? Come the fuck on.

You ain't never told no lies brother.

I inveiwed 3x and met with HR before being told they don't think the position is necessary at this time.

Job search sucks

Malyse

It's a nice way of telling you they won't pay you to stay but fear you leaving if you get better opportunities.

Shit is dumb.

Its just a nice way of saying, we don't want to pay you what you should normally earn and you seem like you're smart enough to notice that we'll be short changing you so intellectually you are overqualified and we can't have you ruining our shit.

Edit: Frozen got it

It's all bullshit.

Oh I know, but that's still fucked up. Like, if you know it's a position that people are gonna use as a stepping stone, accept it. I'm real tempted to make a dumbed down resume and see what happens.

Oh I know, but that's still fucked up. Like, if you know it's a position that people are gonna use as a stepping stone, accept it. I'm real tempted to make a dumbed down resume and see what happens.
Because then companies would actually need to start treating entry level positions like entry level positions where you can actually advance. Not make them where careers go to die.

Aiustis

I like where I work now, entry level. One of my supervisors legit said to me: "You've been here almost two years, have you thought about starting to apply for other positions?"

Slept like a rock, pretty good morning. Witcher 3 is amazing fam, not sure how far in you are, but take your time and explore, drink it in. It's one of the finest games I've ever played.

Right now,
Im on the lady in the woods quest. I need to complete that to continue the bloody baron quest line. Just got me a much needed upgrade to my steel sword from this wild hunt dude with an axe. Finally got down the combat, dodging, throwing signs, taking some swipes, stuff like that.

Slayven

I like where I work now, entry level. One of my supervisors legit said to me: "You've been here almost two years, have you thought about starting to apply for other positions?"
My old job was like that. Why be middle management where you do 3 times the work with only a litte bump in pay

I have half a mind to just apply to these IT jobs despite not having my A+ cert yet... I mean the worst they can say is No right?

At best, I can get a job gaining experience and get myself a cert along the way.

I started playing Uncharted 3... Its kinda meh to be honest.

I have half a mind to just apply to these IT jobs despite not having my A+ cert yet... I mean the worst they can say is No right?

At best, I can get a job gaining experience and get myself a cert along the way.

4 is the good one.

Apply everywhere. No downside to applying.

Malyse

Everything about Blue Reflection is pandering in a way to piss me off.
Like:
Seriously with this low ass camera angle?

I really want this game to be good, but everything about the marketing is terrible. Then there's the fact that bath scenes are just part of the game. Oh and the main character's skirt literally flips up every time she stops running.

Fucking what.

But on the other side, this game looks gorgeous.

I guess I'll wait and see if it's has a good story.
That is, assuming it comes out here in the first place.

In other news, Precure Musou is Japan's number one most wanted licensed game.

Oh yeah btw BCT,

I went and saw Hidden Figures last night.

What an incredible movie! It was fantastic. Its actually a great choice to celebrate BHM seeing as those three women did so fucking much for the country and NASA and virtually got no credit for it. I mean fucking NASA just named a building after Katherine (Taraji) in 20 fucking 16!!! Fucking LATE.

On the other note, Its HARD as fuck for me to watch how we were treated in the 60's. It makes me visibly angry. More so than slave movies, because it is what it is. But in the 60's, you have us "free" yet suffering through Jim Crow.

The attitudes of whites just make my blood boil. Its the outright hostility, the passive aggressiveness, the complete apathy, and even the meek inaction of a bystander. Just so much bullshit.

I think it affects me because I see how these behaviors are still present today. More so in the vain of ignorance. Whites can't remember for the life of them how fucking tense and fucked up shit was so they go ahead and forget and try to erase history.

Claim shit was never that bad in the first place.

Go for it. I'm honestly in the same boat

btw, Aint nothing wrong with Knack, y'all some haters lol

You getting part 2?

Aiustis

Do it. Once you get in it's pretty easy to go places.

Malyse

I really really want a Xeno Musou with Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade, and Xenoblade X characters. That would be amazing.

zeemumu

Did they ever expand on that woman Bruce was sleeping with in Batman v Superman? Was she just scenery?

Midterm today. I think I'm good on studying.

How awesome would it be if someone showed up to evo with a keyboard and crushed it?
My real dream is someone showing up with a guitar hero controller and decimating the competition

zeemumu

How awesome would it be if someone showed up to evo with a keyboard and crushed it?
My real dream is someone showing up with a guitar hero controller and decimating the competition

Mine is for someone to show up with a DJ Hero turntable, face away from the screen, and win while hyping up the crowd with a concert.

I'd love to attend EVO someday.

Scenery.
--
Good luck on the exam.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom