• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

You watch interviews with Kevin and realise how hard he works
Even using his own money to make movies
CEO of atleast 5 companies

zeemumu

Hey hey, everyone. What's going on?

Took my dog for a walk and now I'm getting work done while mulling over whether or not to get my best friend a Disneyland pass. They have a monthly payment option and it's about $20 a month with a $95 down payment, and it's rumored that they might get rid of the monthly payment option soon.

akira28

Ain't no boycott like a The Adder boycott 'cause a The Adder boycott don't stop.

I'm with that. I want to see them cry and apologize to the lgbtq community before I'll ever enjoy going there again.

But every time i've ever gone inside one, those motherfuckers behind the counter look so happy, it isn't natural.

Took my dog for a walk and now I'm getting work done while mulling over whether or not to get my best friend a Disneyland pass. They have a monthly payment option and it's about $20 a month with a $95 down payment, and it's rumored that they might get rid of the monthly payment option soon.

Cool. :D

Village

Children's songs are literally the worst.

Depends on how young the programming audience is

Childrens song go from shit to, wow thats suprisingly good as soon as the program goes from almost babies to children.

On that notw, how in the cold fuck did " we are number 1" become a meme

akira28

You'll be fine..mostly black folks left over there anyway. Majority of the white ones left to live some 90+ miles away.

That's what I heard. most of the racist ones left for America, or they learned to keep quiet because Castro outlawed racism. But there are still concentrations of dark, light, and white skinned people in Cuba, and they stratify for the reasons we're pretty familiar with. So racism isn't legal, but it still exists. Generally trumped by classism and social connections of who you are with, where you are from.

and african culture is woven througout Cuba in a weird way, so that it is actually a source of culture for south and central americas, in terms of the african diaspora.

LionPride

Banned
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chick Fil A may hate the LGBT comminity, but that gay hating chicken is delicious. One of few things I'll disregard my personal beliefs for because that shit is fire

akira28

If it was more delicious, I might be more conflicted, but I can fling Chick Fila into the bushes and not give a damn. They stopped carrying the one thing I liked from them, maybe decades ago.

remember when they served batter dipped vegetable sticks? Back when they didn't have not one Chick Fila north of Virginia.

That's what I heard. most of the racist ones left for America, or they learned to keep quiet because Castro outlawed racism. But there are still concentrations of dark, light, and white skinned people in Cuba, and they stratify for the reasons we're pretty familiar with. So racism isn't legal, but it still exists. Generally trumped by classism and social connections of who you are with, where you are from.

You'll be fine..mostly black folks left over there anyway. Majority of the white ones left to live some 90+ miles away.

Good stuff. I'm looking at a grad program that can send me to Cuba for a bit but I wasn't trying to set myself up.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chick Fil A may hate the LGBT comminity, but that gay hating chicken is delicious. One of few things I'll disregard my personal beliefs for because that shit is fire

LMAO I felt the same way before I found this recipe though http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/08/five-ingredient-fried-chicken-sandwich-recipe.html

I swear it taste even better than Chic Fil A if you can go grab yourself some brioche buns. I know you probably aren't the one cooking at home though.

akira28

My sister just came back from an academic trip to Cuba and is obsessed now, lol. Trying to go back.

Hell, I wanna go too, now. Learn spanish though, and don't be surprised at how much African spirituality goes on down there. They seem to really enjoy black folks from America, want to forge connections with folk up here for future change.

LionPride

Banned
Good stuff. I'm looking at a grad program that can send me to Cuba for a bit but I wasn't trying to set myself up.

LMAO I felt the same way before I found this recipe though http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/08/five-ingredient-fried-chicken-sandwich-recipe.html

I swear it taste even better than Chic Fil A if you can go grab yourself some brioche buns. I know you probably aren't the one cooking at home though.
Gotta learn how to cook eventually lol

Yall know what's a good feeling, recruiting people to be mentors for the program that has helped develop me as a person. Love speaking to people

Slayven

My sister just came back from an academic trip to Cuba and is obsessed now, lol. Trying to go back.

Hell, I wanna go too, now. Learn spanish though, and don't be surprised at how much African spirituality goes on down there. They seem to really enjoy black folks from America, want to forge connections with folk up here for future change.

Can send your sister to the last communist nation on earth but can't loan me 20 dollars

I've taken some Spanish courses in college and my girl tries to speak to me only in Spanish since it's her first language. Hopefully if I get the opportunity my Spanish speaking skills will be amazing.

I use to listen to Bachata singers to help me. Now I just need to find a good podcast or a children show translated in Spanish.

Slayven

I've taken some Spanish courses in college and my girl tries to speak to me only in Spanish since it's her first language. Hopefully if I get the opportunity my Spanish speaking skills will be amazing.

I use to listen to Bachata singers to help me. Now I just need to find a good podcast or a children show translated in Spanish.

Oh shit Lil Darryl get that Aye Papi. Go on playboy

Make a habit of responding to her in Spanish whenever you're home/a comfortable spot. Used that technique on an old acquaintance when we roomed together and he became quite good quite quickly. Also, rent you some good Spanish speaking movies..hearing the words and reading the subtitles is another nice helper.

akira28

Can send your sister to the last communist nation on earth but can't loan me 20 dollars

you never asked me for 20 dollars.

and...some other gaffers may attest, you might actually get something. lol we raised that money though, selling baked goods and stuffed pillows at christmas baazars.

edit: spanish speakers talk fast as fuck!

akira28

did I see DD say he didn't have a problem with fandoms? I feel that end time deja vu, times are getting closer and closer every week.

Stop filling his head with lies..

lol, he'll get an apology. he never dictated any kind of actual need. air conditioner full of rocks is not a case of emergency aid. plus I don't work on the high streets anymore.

Malyse

Siding eyeing you like a motherfucker right now. Don't believe his lies
I've really never been. Wanted to. Never have.

----

http://www.mommyish.com/2013/07/31/parents-hate-caillou/
did I see DD say he didn't have a problem with fandoms? I feel that end time deja vu, times are getting closer and closer every week.
THEE FUCK YOU DID.
I don't have a problem with FANS. Love what you love. Personally, I love loving things. I want everything to be awesome and good. But fanDOM is a collective of weaponized idiocy. Whenever a fictional creation is of more import than a real person (as is the case with fandom far to frequently; see also Bronies and Homestuck) then you can go fuck yourself with a molten dildo. Fans = great. Fandom = fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom