• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why tho

LVGfize.png
Oh boy!

Mornin' all

Iight, I know yall sleep, so when y'all wake up I need help...

BestBuy B2G1F Preowned is coming around the corner so I need you all to help me decide...

- Bloodborne
- RE Revelations 2
- Transformers Devestation
- DOOM
- Wolfenstein
- DMC Definitive Edition

I won't list price so y'all go by gaming merits.

Buy Doom 2x and give it to someone special for Valentines

I am not a fan of juice mixing..

I would think a man of your principals would be all for mixing juices

Where the hell are these 3 dollars?!!

--

Iight, I know yall sleep, so when y'all wake up I need help...

BestBuy B2G1F Preowned is coming around the corner so I need you all to help me decide...

- Bloodborne
- RE Revelations 2
- Transformers Devestation
- DOOM
- Wolfenstein
- DMC Definitive Edition

I won't list price so y'all go by gaming merits.

Bloodborne, Doom, Transformers Devastation.

zeemumu

I don't think my local Gamestop even gets 1,000 customers in a day. Whenever I walk in there, there are maybe 2-3 other people unless there's a launch event happening.

Edit: Oh it's across all of the stores combined. How the hell do they choose?

Slayven

I don't think my local Gamestop even gets 1,000 customers in a day. Whenever I walk in there, there are maybe 2-3 other people unless there's a launch event happening.

Edit: Oh it's across all of the stores combined. How the hell do they choose?
There are over 4 thousand games top locations

Crocodile

Morning yall

That black character thread on gaming side lets me know that some people on this site have never met a black person. One to many dark skinned, blonde anime characters popped up.

To be slightly fair, many Japanese character designs are low on actually ethnic features. Their East Asian characters, to us, are often indistinguishable from Caucasians. So its not uncommon where you get "Ambiguously Brown" characters. It's annoying but if you aren't paying attention, are dumb (and lots of people are) or the media doesn't elaborate at all, one can be left guessing if Character X is Black, SE Asian, Afro Hispanic, Native American, Dark-Skinned Japanese, etc.

These are some new characters from the Little Witch Academia TV anime. The character in the middle is from Kenya (the show says as much). Is that super obvious if someone doesn't tell you that? Is that obvious if maybe you remove a few of her accessories are removed? Again it can go a bit either way (and I stress sometimes people are just dumb).

So that thread about favorite black characters on Gaming Side, and the questionable choices some posters gave, really reminded me of DCAU Luthor. I know he's suppose to be "Mediterranean" and "olive skinned",but cmon...I mean, placed next to someone else who is, presumably, definitely black...cmon

3418427-6576896277-03.jp.jpg

This is like the opposite issue. It's not so much his skin color that informs us he is Black (if the animators were trying for something else they goofed) but also literally everything else about him. DCAU Lex Luthor looks ethically Black (maybe not unambiguously so but certainly very strongly so) and not just "non-descript default colored a darker shade".

Bring back Dee Jay, then we talk.

Fuck Dee Jay

An incident just happened at the mall.

I was sitting in my store and all I heard was "GET ON THE GROUND!!! YOURE UNDER ARREST!!!"

So my nosy ass goes outside to see the fuckery, they got this dude pinned down on the floor. Now I'm about to pull out my phone and record just in case something improper happens, then the dude on the floor rolls over. White dude with a Pepe symbol on his hoodie.

I ain't never put my phone up so quick in my life.

LMAO

LotusHD

Banned
Morning yall

That black character thread on gaming side lets me know that some people on this site have never met a black person. One to many dark skinned, blonde anime characters popped up.

When I saw Kat from Gravity Rush, I laughed. I'd love to claim her as one of us, but nah fam...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This is like the opposite issue. It's not so much his skin color that informs us he is Black (if the animators were trying for something else they goofed) but also literally everything else about him. DCAU Lex Luthor looks ethically Black (maybe not unambiguously so but certainly very strongly so) and not just "non-descript default colored a darker shade".
Apparently he's based on Telly Savalas.

Crocodile

Huh...

Well shit

I mean I've never played the Ducktales games but I've played the shit out of Shovel Knight. Why isn't this an easy win for Shovel Knight?

Apparently he's based on Telly Savalas.

Huh. Well this is news to me. This guy died when I was pretty young. Was he that famous that lots of people should have caught the reference? DCAU Lex Luthor still looks more Black than his inspiration and I don't recall them ever going into his ethnicity on the show.

D i Z

G'mornin' all.

Weekend pugilists gather from across the globe for another epic show down of reflect and skill and probably a little shit talking. Who will emerge victorious? Stay tuned for the after match update! LIVE ON BCT TV!

zeemumu

I mean I've never played the Ducktales games but I've played the shit out of Shovel Knight. Why isn't this an easy win for Shovel Knight?

Scrooge has a good-ass cane.

Also he can dive into a 20-foot pool of solid gold coins without a scratch. You know they're gonna bring that shit up as a bullshit reason to have Scrooge win.

royalan

Now, you wouldn't need to do all that extra shit if you started with a good potato.

All you need is some sour cream and a dash of whole milk.

Potatoes fluffy as shit, my nigga.

The Adder

Banned
Now, you wouldn't need to do all that extra shit if you started with a good potato.

All you need is some sour cream and a dash of whole milk.

Potatoes fluffy as shit, my nigga.

We can let bygones be bygones. You cook your way and I'll cook the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom