• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

BTW, thanks for the vouch for Saints Row 3. Shit's awesome.

LT4GuFu.gif

Izuna

Banned
Guys

C4dFIkIWMAAg600.jpg:large

The Dark Samurai in NiOh (very late in, like 20-50h) is a literal slave that Nobunaga made to become a Samurai

I dunno if you can make you character look like him yet (probably yes), but he's dope.

In this game you get Guardian Spirits. The The Dark Samurai, I think, has an African Spirit

He's merely a boss without much connection to the story so no real spoilers

~~

Edit: yeah, you can make yourself look like him (fuck is he expensive)

Caim

Guys

The Dark Samurai in NiOh (very late in, like 20-50h) is a literal slave that Nobunaga made to become a Samurai

I dunno if you can make you character look like him yet (probably yes), but he's dope.

In this game you get Guardian Spirits. The The Dark Samurai, I think, has an African Spirit

~~

Yeah around 8k, but you can make that easy if you co-op Twilight Missions.

Johndoey

Banned
https://youtu.be/Wz_f9B4pPtg
--
President Trump Pledges to Negotiate a Lower Cost for His $21.6 Billion Border Wall

President Donald Trump said Saturday that the estimated $21.6 billion cost of the wall he plans to build along the U.S.-Mexico border will "come way down" once he gets involved in the negotiations.

"I am reading that the great border WALL will cost more than the government originally thought, but I have not gotten involved in the... design or negotiations yet. When I do, just like with the F-35 FighterJet or the Air Force One Program, price will come WAY DOWN!" Trump said in tweets on Saturday.
--
Yale Renames Calhoun College After Protests Over Connection to Slavery

Yale University announced Saturday that it will rename the Calhoun College residence hall — a decision that follows over a year of protests calling for the removal of the name of John C. Calhoun, a Yale alumnus who called slavery a "positive good."
Yale's Board of Trustees initially voted in April to keep the name. At the time, Yale President Peter Salovey voiced concerns that removing it would mean "masking" history. But the trustees reversed their decision on Friday, the Hartford Courant reported.

The residence hall will now be named after Grace Murray Hopper, a Yale alumna and computer scientist.

YO4eDpL.jpg

--

Guys

~~

What mission?

Good morning all. I finished up chest day at the gym.

I need to head out today and grab a Valentine's Day card or something. My girl like small gifts even though she's getting new jewelry for her piercings.

Johndoey

Banned
'Captain America' Star Chris Evans Takes on Former KKK Leader David Duke on Twitter

q5KQENJ.png

Captain America star Chris Evans channeled his silver screen alter ego on Wednesday. He took to Twitter to share that former KKK leader David Duke had tweeted support of recently confirmed U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, writing that if Duke "thinks you're right, then you are unequivocally wrong."

Duke responded to Evans with a tweet of his own, calling the Marvel star a "typical dumb actor," to which Evans quickly responded.
This isn't the first time that the Marvel actor has sounded off on politics on Twitter. He's made headlines in the past for speaking out about the Dakota Access Pipeline, gun control and Donald Trump's stance on immigration.

Johndoey

Banned
Hino-enma is kicking my ass. I can't seem to get her projectile timing down properly and the projectile itself blends into the environment. I might need to bump up the brightness and stick to low stance for the dodge.

Axes seem bad for the bosses so far, is it just me? Sticking to the single sword seems to get me the best results.

Sou Da

Hino-enma is kicking my ass. I can't seem to get her projectile timing down properly and the projectile itself blends into the environment. I might need to bump up the brightness and stick to low stance for the dodge.

Axes seem bad for the bosses so far, is it just me? Sticking to the single sword seems to get me the best results.

who is she again? The bat boss?

Morning y'all

Discomfort from pain and filled with anxiety-_-

That's no good. Hope you're feeling better

Reading through the Spider-Island Secret Wars Arc. A vampire Captain Marvel, Lizard Hulk, and Werewolf Cap fighting an army of spider people is pretty creative.

I've been meaning to start reading comics again

Not bad. U?

A lot of people feeling real delicate about their gaming. Sometimes I feel it's best to be easy. Some people don't have much more than that.

That's what we call a "two-fer".

I'm good. At the gym now

Great. Playing Witcher 3, which is flipping amazing by the way. I love the game and the world is huge as hell!!

---------

Should hopefully get my internet on soon so I can join you guys in a nice rousing game of SFV. And get my ass whooped by Shy no less.

I bought that game twice and never played it

Relaxing. Real relaxing. Happy with how it's gone. You good?

Yea, been busy with this move. I'm going to take a week off soon

It's been ok. Made some progress in Nioh. That's about it.

I need to get nioh

Agreed.
Also Idris has slowly become one of my favorite actors. Like the Dicaprio effect of "i'll watch anything he's in."

Morning.

Same out here, been coming down the past couple days. It's that default, "You didn't get a rough November-January, so here's some snow and real cold for a reminder."

��

Never snows for xmas though.. smh
It was 60 out the day before the snow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sch1sm

Agreed.
Also Idris has slowly become one of my favorite actors. Like the Dicaprio effect of "i'll watch anything he's in."

Never snows for xmas though.. smh
It was 60 out the day before the snow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was 40 on Friday. And then it wasn't, and ever since it's been snowing. Gotten half a foot since.

City basically broken by the weather in the last week, honestly. There was a day that there was just freezing rain and streetcars were dead. Everyone's forgotten how to drive again. Busses are crawling.

It's gonna warm up later this week and melt, though, like come Tuesday it's gonna be above freezing properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom