• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

I really tempted to get injustice. Their equipment system looks interesting.

But I will wait cause i know if i get it day 1 there will be a half off sale with it a week or 2 latter.

Brush up Gordo, Slayven coming

I'm only getting Injustice because I want a decent amount of games on my PS4. And a good chuck of them are gonna be fighting games.

Picture of Jandro in Slayven's bushes:

giphy.gif

andthebeatgoeson

This is why you wait till they ten to do it. I like mountains but my boy hates hates hates the snow so I'm waiting till he's a bit older to suckrr him into it
Nah, I'm getting old. I might only have 20 years to do this. Gotta get it in now.

But the ski school guy is da real MVP. He suggested lunch and will hit me back in a little bit. Might try and convince her. I played like 10 cards on her.

'your brothers are doing it.'
'but your so great at it.'
'it'll be warmer in the afternoon.'
'you won't have to go that high after lunch'
Etc

Nah, I'm getting old. I might only have 20 years to do this. Gotta get it in now.

But the ski school guy is da real MVP. He suggested lunch and will hit me back in a little bit. Might try and convince her. I played like 10 cards on her.

'your brothers are doing it.'
'but your so great at it.'
'it'll be warmer in the afternoon.'
'you won't have to go that high after lunch'
Etc
Good luck

Merc_

Surrounding the white hero of a story with POC is just not an impressive thing to me these days. It feels like a way to avoid getting questions about why POC still aren't generally put in the lead role. It's especially bad with how those POC then simply exist only to play support to the white hero and nothing else. It's honestly the main thing that bothered me in the MCU since Falcon and War Machine were really bad about that.

Surrounding the white hero of a story with POC is just not an impressive thing to me these days. It feels like a way to avoid getting questions about why POC still aren't generally put in the lead role. It's especially bad with how those POC then simply exist only to play support to the white hero and nothing else. It's honestly the main thing that bothered me in the MCU since Falcon and War Machine were really bad about that.
If infinity war does what I think it's gonna do, Flacon at the very least is going to get a LOT of shine in the phase after it.

Get out looks awesome.

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out how Hotline Bling wins best rap song. I'm assuming because drake is black? Because theres nothing "rap" about it.

same reason Urban Contemporary is a thing despite songs in it being mostly Pop songs but can't win the Pop catergory

If infinity war does what I think it's gonna do, Flacon at the very least is going to get a LOT of shine in the phase after it.

I dunno. I guess I really just don't see that stuff. Rhodey is Tony's best friend..why wouldn't he be there for him? Sam is Steve's partner and friend..clearly been that way since the Winter Soldier ending. They both do their own thing ultimately.

Falcon was solo in Ant-Man, not a support character. War Machine flew his own missions before joining the Avengers. He was on his own when taking in Panther, Cap, and Bucky. Alone as the Iron Patriot. I just don't see it. Then again, I also didn't go ape shit because Finn isn't a Jedi..

Malyse

• Logan; 18 days
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 81 days
  • Wonder Woman; 109 days
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming; 144 days
  • Thor: Ragnarok; 263 days
  • Justice League; 277 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 333 days
  • Black Panther; 368 days
  • Avengers: Infinity War; 445 days
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp; 508 days
  • Aquaman; 599 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 627 days
  • Untitled Fox/Marvel movie; 731 days
  • Captain Marvel; 753 days
  • Shazam; 781 days
  • Untitled Avengers movie; 809 days
  • Justice League 2; 851 days
  • Untitled Spider-Man sequel; 871 days
  • Untitled DC movie; 991 days
  • Cyborg; 1145 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1173 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1243 days
  • Green Lantern Corps; 1257 days
  • Untitled Marvel movie; 1362 days
  • Deadpool 2; TBD
  • Deadpool 3; TBD
  • X-Men: Supernova; TBD
  • Gambit; TBD
  • New Mutants; TBD
  • The Batman; TBD
  • The Flash; TBD
  • Gotham City Sirens; TBD
  • Black Adam solo movie; TBD

• [*]Logan; 18 days

[*]Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 81 days
  • Wonder Woman; 109 days

[*]Spider-Man: Homecoming; 144 days

[*]Thor: Ragnarok; 263 days

[*]Black Panther; 368 days
  • Aquaman; 599 days
  • Shazam; 781 days

[*]Untitled Spider-Man sequel; 871 days
  • Cyborg; 1145 days

[*]Deadpool 2; TBD
  • Deadpool 3; TBD
  • Gambit; TBD
  • New Mutants; TBD
  • The Batman; TBD
  • The Flash; TBD

God, 75% of this is going to be complete crap.

Bolded are the ones I expect to be great, and I'm not convinced of half the ones I bolded! Even Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is giving me pause now.

zeemumu

• Logan; 18 days
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; 81 days
  • Wonder Woman; 109 days
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming; 144 days
  • Thor: Ragnarok; 263 days
  • Black Panther; 368 days
  • Aquaman; 599 days
  • Shazam; 781 days
  • Untitled Spider-Man sequel; 871 days
  • Cyborg; 1145 days
  • Deadpool 2; TBD
  • Deadpool 3; TBD
  • Gambit; TBD
  • New Mutants; TBD
  • The Batman; TBD
  • The Flash; TBD

And it'll still be two weeks before Fox says they're sorry

In the back of my mind, I'm afraid of Cyborg potentially fucking up any progress Black Panther makes.

😕

What does that movie have to do with Panther? It isn't even filming yet..right? Panther is already into production. But seriously, what reason would Cyborg effect BP at all?

Nudull

Banned
😕

What does that movie have to do with Panther? It isn't even filming yet..right? Panther is already into production. But seriously, what reason would Cyborg effect BP at all?

You talking about in the collective conscious? Like, taking the advancement back a few paces?

I mean in the "black heroes not getting pushed to the background" sense. I mean, I grew up loving the man but WB's already been doing him dirty.

Russell KinsaulVerified account
‏@russellkinsaul

Follow
More
Wife & stepson of KKK Imperial Wizard Frank Ancona charged w/1st degree murder in his death. #kmov
I knew this was White on White crime and I knew it would be some redneck close to him.

Nudull

Banned
Oh man, I keep forgetting about Tessa Thompson being Valkyrie.

Jesus Christ, how the internet gonna react if Marvel actually goes through with Thor being down with the swirl...

Merc_

I dunno. I guess I really just don't see that stuff. Rhodey is Tony's best friend..why wouldn't he be there for him? Sam is Steve's partner and friend..clearly been that way since the Winter Soldier ending. They both do their own thing ultimately.

Falcon was solo in Ant-Man, not a support character. War Machine flew his own missions before joining the Avengers. He was on his own when taking in Panther, Cap, and Bucky. Alone as the Iron Patriot. I just don't see it. Then again, I also didn't go ape shit because Finn isn't a Jedi..

They just don't feel like their own people to me. They feel more defined by their attachment to the white leads. I will say that Falcon has been slowly getting better about it though.

Cyborg isn't going to happen

I hope you're right. Fuck Cyborg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom