• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just don't feel like their own people to me. They feel more defined by their attachment to the white leads. I will say that Falcon has been slowly getting better about it though.

Yeah..my brain just isn't wired that way. Don't see it. Either way, I buy my homie's kid Montrell all the black characters lol.

Slayven

If anything, BP is going to force DC to actually come correct with Cyborg.
DC doesn't learn leasons.
I hope we get a Prowler movie before that ripoff Spawn gets one.
Nightwatch Da Gawd
Nightwatch_Head.jpg

I still have this weird feeling that The Ray gets a movie in there somewhere.

Also gaming side got problems

The Ray was the only superhero that used "Time to get my swerve on" as a battle cry. And he lost his virginity to Black Canary after she dumped Ollie

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Sup playas. Been a minute since i posted on GAF. Took one look at gaming side and laughed.

Y'all got your flowers and slow jamz playlists ready for tomorrow? lol

Edit: Man i should get hat tag changed and all.

Sup playas. Been a minute since i posted on GAF. Took one look at gaming side and laughed.

Yup.

Gaming side is all over the place with the switch.

I got flowers, candy, caramel corn, and a few other items.

You ain't an assassin anymore?

I knew this was White on White crime and I knew it would be some redneck close to him.

..and with that, this is no longer news.

Also gaming side got problems

The absolute worst.. God damn

Yeah..my brain just isn't wired that way. Don't see it. Either way, I buy my homie's kid Montrell all the black characters lol.

Gotta have that representation. Some people laugh but it really goes for any kid. I was DETERMINED to make sure this little girl got the asian Barbie for Christmas. Everyone thought I was crazy, but I'm glad its her favorite one.

Slayven

I am telling y'all Cyborg is going to be on some crows from Dumbo level shit.

Black former football player? Hollywood will turn him into Blindside with superpowers

There was a time when Victor Stone was cool. :c

1ceemOm.jpg

You'd think DC would see how popular Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go are and would rewrite Cyborg's personality and character to be more like that in the New 52. Instead they take away all the fun and place him into the Justice League.

Malyse

You mean I can't complain about how terrible UPlay is to you?

Nudull

Banned

Black former football player? Hollywood will turn him into Blindside with superpowers

Oh christ, I didn't even think of that.

And we're giving this to the motherfuckers that okay'd Killer Croc from Suicide Squad?

D i Z

Them replacing my boy J'onn J'onnz with his boring ass will never be okay.

MM is too dope. There is potential in that character than their people don't know what to do with.

If the advancement could survive Steel and Cat Woman, Black Panther will be alright.

For sure. I figure there is gonna be more general anxiety about Panther than there was around any other superhero film to date. Unlike the others (Shaq and Halle actin' a fool), this one is important.

I'd take that over the literal hunk of metal that glares and is "super serious straight man" for two god damn hours.

At least of its offensive like Croc I can hate watch it. Boring is boring, ain't no saving that.

Slayven

I'd take that over the literal hunk of metal that glares and is "super serious straight man" for two god damn hours.

At least of its offensive like Croc I can hate watch it. Boring is boring, ain't no saving that.

Bet there is one scene he turns into a boombox and plays some macklemore

D i Z

Nioh tip for the day. Wear that goofy piecemeal armor for those boss fights when you have to. That electric boss giving you grief? There is armor with effects and accessories for that.
Save the swanky set for when you've soulforged it up to be useful, or for clearing levels and photo ops.

akira28

He was the grownass man of the group. That is why he is so out of place on the JLA.

They'll start fighting each other or some other group of heros for no damn reason and he gets to be the one in the back, with the grown ass man from the other team, rolling their eyes before they break things up.

DC doesn't know what to do with the character. They can't even short his shit out in print. Cyborg will stay garbage and token.

Trust me, I know. I've been voicing my complaints about him since 2011.

But I figure WB will have a talk with DC when they realize Cyborg sucks ass compared to BP. Poor black representation is the last thing they need right now.

Slayven

You know making Martian Manhunter black and him going through the black experience from an literal alien point of view would be interesting

Slayven

That's Milestone's ICON in a nutshell.

I realized that half way through typing. But the thing about Icon was he came to earth during legit slavery, and that gave him different view of blackness. Him and Rocket teaching other was one of the best parts of the milestone universe. That is why i give Young Justice the side eye for making Rocket his sidekick, if anything Icon was HER sidekick

LotusHD

Banned
You know making Martian Manhunter black and him going through the black experience from an literal alien point of view would be interesting

They touched on that for the briefest of moments in Supergirl. I want a whole show/movie around that though. Always wanted to watch a series based around a character that could shapeshift.

Good enough to not get in the way of the sweet sweet carnage.

Interesting...

D i Z

Interesting...

I'm still early in the game where they are setting up the principle characters. I hear that later on the story gets to be more involved as a motivator, but where I'm at it's trickles and drips to help get familiar with the stakes of the conflict.

I realized that half way through typing. But the thing about Icon was he came to earth during legit slavery, and that gave him different view of blackness. Him and Rocket teaching other was one of the best parts of the milestone universe. That is why i give Young Justice the side eye for making Rocket his sidekick, if anything Icon was HER sidekick

That was pretty interesting. Icon survived legit slavery and Jim Crow and became a Republican.

Johndoey

Banned
Lego Batman is alright, the joke a minute style doesn't HT as often as you'd hope and the middle drags in a bad way, but it's fun as heck. Michael Cera is easily the best part of the movie

So how's the story in Nioh?
Completely uninteresting so far. Nothing memorable whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom