• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitch is where most of the youtube talent went because it's easier to make a consistent income on twitch while doing functionally the same thing without needing to kill yourself with editing.

Man there are times i wish i had gotten in on the youtube thing. Comic folks on youtube get on my nerve.

Marvel REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They stan way too hard and get way too worked up.

They're just comic books y'all.

LionPride

Banned
Game Grumps (Danny and Ego, I mean)
Markiplier seems like too nice of a guy
Austin Creed's show is so good he got me to care about Jack Swagger, of all people

Swagger's theme got me to care about Swagger

Almost made me patriotic

Danny is a cool guy, I used to hate Arin but he's gotten better

Unlike that guy JonTron...

ProtonJon, Chugga, and the other peeps of TheRunawayGuys are straight

I know if I was older when Kdin was around as a YouTuber before RoosterTeeth I would have hated her ass. So. Many. Niggers.

While the New Legacy guys are problematic, they aren't dumb as fuck

Nudull

Banned
There's few internet people i've stanned for harder than Linkara. He's genuinely grown as a person over the years and has proven to be good people on a few occasions.

Dude's even down with the swirl. :)

uhxsfpS.jpg

(His fiance Viga, another youtuber)

shingi70

Banned
Talking to my girlfriend about the really popilar YouTubers like PewDiePie and Markapiler and the bubble bursting. But man it seems like there's like ten of the guys and they all play the same Gmod and indie horror games, so the bubble was going to burst.

Slayven

Twitch is where most of the youtube talent went because it's easier to make a consistent income on twitch while doing functionally the same thing without needing to kill yourself with editing.

Marvel REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They stan way too hard and get way too worked up.

They're just comic books y'all.

Nah what gets me is how superficial they get. They barely go deeper then Wikipedia. Looking at you screw attack

Nah what gets me is how superficial they get. They barely go deeper then Wikipedia. Looking at you screw attack

Oh yeah well, duh, they gotta pad out them "TOP TEN COMIC BATTLES" lists with shit from the last five years that's mostly tied into the movies.

Gotta get them clicks, talking about Solo's latest run ain't doing that.

Talking to my girlfriend about the really popilar YouTubers like PewDiePie and Markapiler and the bubble bursting. But man it seems like there's like ten of the guys and they all play the same Gmod and indie horror games, so the bubble was going to burst.

I wonder if nanners will survive since Gmod is his lifeblood at this point.

LionPride

Banned

I know the only YouTubers I still pay attention to from when I was a wee lad are Chilled Chaos, GaLm, and all of them including SeaNanners

I fell the fuck off that Cretaure bandwagon when I was 12 I think

A lot of my feed is sports, sports games, WatchMojo, wrestling, music, Late night shows, movie review, and just video games. Being able to watch full college basketball, football, NBA, and NFL games for free is amazing

Nudull

Banned

Oh yeah well, duh, they gotta pad out them "TOP TEN COMIC BATTLES" lists with shit from the last five years that's mostly tied into the movies.

Gotta get them clicks, talking about Solo's latest run ain't doing that.

I wonder if nanners will survive since Gmod is his lifeblood at this point.

What comic shows have you two watch? I admit, outside of Atop the 4th Wall, a lot of the other stuff I've tried seems superficial in comparison.

I know the only YouTubers I still pay attention to from when I was a wee lad are Chilled Chaos, GaLm, and all of them including SeaNanners

I fell the fuck off that Cretaure bandwagon when I was 12 I think

A lot of my feed is sports, sports games, WatchMojo, wrestling, music, Late night shows, movie review, and just video games. Being able to watch full college basketball, football, NBA, and NFL games for free is amazing

God bless the internet for that. Seriously.

man ain't never seen a no ass woman like the woman i just saw come in the chinese place after me. her sweat pants was falling down on her for how vertical it was

LionPride

Banned
Used to watch them when I was younger

They were all happy about moving in together! ...then one of them gets kicked out, another persons marriage falls apart, etc lol

I check back in every now and then to see what's been happenin...yikes

Kris and Dpalm actually enjoy the shit they cover, that is a rare and novel thing. It is a joy to listen to people that sound like they are having a good time.
Their Character Corners always make me so happy, wish I could pay for premium so I could get those CBCs

Swagger's theme got me to care about Swagger

Almost made me patriotic

Danny is a cool guy, I used to hate Arin but he's gotten better

Unlike that guy JonTron...
Swagger's promo in the Madden tournament had me rooting for him against Seth. Damn shame that he lost, but Seth's victory speech was almost worth it. "I do it for the children." :lol :lol

And Danny has been the best thing to happen to Game Grumps since its conception. They started out rough (all the stories they told about how worried they were re: Danny's transition are both heartwarming and wild) but god damn it still amazes me how huge they are. You can seriously tell how nervous Danny was in his first episodes compared to the later ones.

I don't think the bubble is bursting. I think it's just more that people are finally realizing that you can't be in the mainstream and continue to be a piece of shit. Yeah there's outliers like Herr President, but in general people are way more willing and able to call you out on your shit. And the ones that thrive are the ones who can adapt to changing how they present themselves.

Slayven

I check back in every now and then to see what's been happenin...yikes

Their Character Corners always make me so happy, wish I could pay for premium so I could get those CBCs

They are actually pretty well done and researched,

I exicted to see what Kris say about Logan. You know he has a 3/5 rule for X-men movies.

Izuna I didn't know you dislike H3H3 also. My brother.

Now I have someone else to connect with about disliking Youtubers.

Lol Lion my girl loved watcing the DeFrancoFam stuff be she stopped after PhillyD said some stupid stuff. We talk about Tre every now and then. Hopefully he doesn't grow up to be a fence sitter,
and I genuinely hope he doesn't get whatever genetic disease runs in his family.

Imm0rt4l

Lol Lion my girl loved watcing the DeFrancoFam stuff be she stopped after PhillyD said some stupid stuff. We talk about Tre every now and then. Hopefully he doesn't grow up to be a fence sitter,
and I genuinely hope he doesn't get whatever genetic disease runs in his family.

speaking of youtubers, I don't understand why this phillip defranco guy has such a following. I can't stand people who ride the fence.

LionPride

Banned
They are actually pretty well done and researched,

I exicted to see what Kris say about Logan. You know he has a 3/5 rule for X-men movies.
It's just gonna be him complaining about the movie and then ya know...3/5

I really wanna know what Phenom will say tho...nigga goes off the deep end sometimes

Tre is so fucking cute my lord

How has the Spill/Double Toasted crew been?

DT side doing good, growing and slaying fools. Tony's daughter is sick so he's retired. Chris and Salisbury have their own site, it's niche but it's still around after almost 4 years so they have to be doing something right. Professor Jeff and Jason (tho Jason has also retired from it mostly to do his Discovery Channel show, yes really) have a gaming youtube channel which does pretty good numbers all things considered. Cargill is a big famous hollywood writer now.

P much everybody is successful other than, sadly, Pete who hasn't found something to latch on too. Shame, he's good people.

LionPride

Banned

Ah, okay. Wasn't your thing, I take?

I did look up Movie Trailer Reviews and, funny enough, a Character Corner on Colossus and Kitty Pryde. I'll check it out, since you vouch for them. :)

Their Character Corners will make you believe that Black Adam and Eobard Thawne were right

speaking of youtubers, I don't understand why this phillip defranco guy has such a following. I can't stand people who ride the fence.

I liked him at first because his show seemed like a place I could just get a bunch of recent events/news in 5 minutes while I ate dinner. Then I realized that he wouldn't even call out the most horrible of things but he would take the time to talk down on BLM and the left.

After I realize that he is a fence sitter and not a curator of news I just dropped his channel.

What bothers me the most about fence sitter is that they always have an opinion when it is something that the "tolerant Left" does.

The dude is pretty adorable. I wonder how he will feel about having his younger years shared with people once he is older

John HarwoodVerified account
‏@JohnJHarwood

Follow
More
President Trump's current job approval in Gallup poll, by race: blacks 11%; Hispanics 19%; whites 53%

Blacks seeing right through this clown, just like Black folk collectively saw through Bush when he was lying about WMDs.

I don't like Linkara's comics reviews. Nothing against the guy.

I love SBF, but I keep getting the impression Woolie is NuBlack. I could be wrong, though.

I don't like most of these kinds of channels, though. I generally put them on for noise, outside of SBF. Game Grumps is a channel I've put on for noise.

I'm done with Red Letter Media since those guys went stupid.

I still need to look at the channels I was recommended here last time SBF got brought up.

Couldn't stand PDP before, and now I don't need to look further at that.

Slayven

Ah, okay. Wasn't your thing, I take?

I did look up Movie Trailer Reviews and, funny enough, a Character Corner on Colossus and Kitty Pryde. I'll check it out, since you vouch for them. :)
I mean i haven't seen it. Will have to check it out
It's just gonna be him complaining about the movie and then ya know...3/5

I really wanna know what Phenom will say tho...nigga goes off the deep end sometimes

Phenom i don't know about sometimes. He reminds of movie people that want to be the smartest elitist person in ther oom
DT side doing good, growing and slaying fools. Tony's daughter is sick so he's retired. Chris and Salisbury have their own site, it's niche but it's still around after almost 4 years so they have to be doing something right. Professor Jeff and Jason (tho Jason has also retired from it mostly to do his Discovery Channel show, yes really) have a gaming youtube channel which does pretty good numbers all things considered. Cargill is a big famous hollywood writer now.

P much everybody is successful other than, sadly, Pete who hasn't found something to latch on too. Shame, he's good people.
I like the new kid on DT, he brings a lot to the table. I will continue to pray for Danielle.
Blacks seeing right through this clown, just like Black folk collectively saw through Bush when he was lying about WMDs.
We be knowing but nobody listens.
I swear, the meaning of satire has been lost to the ages.
Satire is just a shield to say stop being offended.

SBF even though Woolie be suspect as shit sometimes

The Comics Explained guy

Comic Book Girl 19 I think

A bunch of people I watch who play sport games

Austin Creed

I've had to unsub from a lot of people in the last couple years
Woolie is ludicrously white in the best way possible.

LionPride

Banned
I liked him at first because his show seemed like a place I could just get a bunch of recent events/news in 5 minutes while I ate dinner. Then I realized that he wouldn't even call out the most horrible of things but he would take the time to talk down on BLM and the left.

After I realize that he is a fence sitter and not a curator of news I just dropped his channel.

What bothers me the most about fence sitter is that they always have an opinion when it is something that the "tolerant Left" does.

The dude is pretty adorable. I wonder how he will feel about having his younger years shared with people once he is older
I would feel weird, like his mom is a vlogger and his dad is a self made man through YouTube. It would be weird to look back as a 13 year old and seeing that ya know?

I don't like Linkara's comics reviews. Nothing against the guy.

I love SBF, but I keep getting the impression Woolie is NuBlack. I could be wrong, though.

I don't like most of these kinds of channels, though. I generally put them on for noise, outside of SBF. Game Grumps is a channel I've put on for noise.

I'm done with Red Letter Media since those guys went stupid.

I still need to look at the channels I was recommended here last time SBF got brought up.

Couldn't stand PDP before, and now I don't need to look further at that.
I get the feeling, but I don't know

Phenom i don't know about sometimes. He reminds of movie people that want to be the smartest elitist person in ther oom
Because that's what he is

I will continue to pray for Danielle.

I feel like one day we're just gonna find out she straight up stone cold murdered the rest of the crew.

I know DT is doing alright but goddamn Spill.com was my favorite website back in the day

Animated videos, numerous podcasts, Billy Brooks, Leon's denim shirt (lol).... :(

Wish they'd get Billy to hang out more, ain't like he's doing anything. Spill.con to this day remains the most fun I've ever had at any event, the early ones when it was only like, 85 people max were great. P sure Spider-John and I got into a fistfight.

I feel like one day we're just gonna find out she straight up stone cold murdered the rest of the crew.

Wish they'd get Billy to hang out more, ain't like he's doing anything.

Always wondered how he feels about his brother
Mehcad always in another TV show but Billy stuck at local stage plays

Nudull

Banned
Have there been any decent anime folk? The fandom as a whole has gotten pretty suspect, especially post-Trump. It's why I've more or less moved on to toku shows.

shingi70

Banned
What comic shows have you two watch? I admit, outside of Atop the 4th Wall, a lot of the other stuff I've tried seems superficial in comparison.

Just atop the Foruth wall and comic pop. Used to watch comic book cast but they spoil shit in thumbnails.

Podcasts are where it's at for comics

I get the feeling, but I don't know

I looked at his Facebook page once after I saw he liked a video on the official page, and the first thing I saw was a long-ass post complaining about something like people not condemning/acknowledging black on black/black on white crime enough or some shit and I closed out of there immediately. I've only ever caught hints outside of that, so I'm hoping what I read was a fluke.

It was a long time ago anyway.

Have there been any decent anime folk? The fandom as a whole has gotten pretty suspect, especially post-Trump. It's why I've more or less moved on to toku shows.
Geoff Thew aka Mothers Basement is pretty good, as well as Team Four Star. Both are very anti trump, even though they are Canadian.

I like Comicbookgirl 19 when she talks about comics. I loved that X-Men documentary she did.

Anime Gaf lied to me about Cardcaptor Sakura holding up. My memory was fuzzy cause I could've sword the voices were different. I like the idea behind the show, but the writing is too poor for me. The cliche swooning and what not irritates me.

They said it was one of the greatest animes of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom