• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

The first half of S1 had potential till they fucked everything up.

Pretty much this. Once the waifu brigade took over that was that was that.

Cool idea though. Been done much better in other mediums, and in fact, the manga right now is actually doing the two years they just skipped over to at least make it marginally less stupid.

RedSwirl

The first half of S1 had potential till they fucked everything up.

I think I went over this with y'all a while back. Everybody told me to drop out at like episode 12 or something. I went one more episode in and immediately saw what everybody is talking about. It goes from "interesting new idea" straight into Oniichan territory so fast it almost made my head spin.

LotusHD

Banned
Pretty much this. Once the waifu brigade took over that was that was that.

Cool idea though. Been done much better in other mediums, and in fact, the manga right now is actually doing the two years they just skipped over to at least make it marginally less stupid.

I think I went over this with y'all a while back. Everybody told me to drop out at like episode 12 or something. I went one more episode in and immediately saw what everybody is talking about. It goes from "interesting new idea" straight into Oniichan territory so fast it almost made my head spin.

I like to occasionally think to myself how I'd "fix" a show, or at least make it less crappy. Sword Art is one example I repeatedly go back, because it's an easy one. They should've just stuck to the SAO world instead of leaving. Once that happened, all the tension was gone. I mean yea, some arcs sort of remedied that, but nothing was going to equal being able to actually die when in a virtual world.

So yea, they stick to that world, expand on the world and its characters more, take their time going through the 99 floors or however many they were, have the MC stick to his fucking girlfriend and no one else (Dude got a harem that includes his cousin, like why...), and the show would've been a lot better for it. Probably would've still been mediocre because the writing wasn't exactly the best, among other things, but yea.

I like to occasionally think to myself how I'd "fix" a show, or at least make it less crappy. Sword Art is one example I repeatedly go back, because it's an easy one. They should've just stuck to the SAO world instead of leaving. Once that happened, all the tension was gone. I mean yea, some arcs sort of remedied that, but nothing was going to equal being able to actually die when in a virtual world.

So yea, they stick to that world, expand on the world and its characters more, take their time going through the 99 floors or however many they were, have the MC stick to his fucking girlfriend and no one else (Dude got a harem that includes his cousin, like why...), and the show would've been a lot better for it. Probably would've still been mediocre because the writing wasn't exactly the best, among other things, but yea.
Oh yeah I've maintained forever that there's a good series in there. Don't make Kirito some chosen one who gets a special power. Keep things grounded. Don't do that time skip fuckery. Expand the world.

There's interesting shit that you can do with it (remember they have that whole debate about using NPC's as human shields only to never mention that again?) if you just don't, well, write it like a light novel.

LotusHD

Banned
So you guys want Log Horizon?

No. Ironically, I liked SAO more than that. It was entertaining at the very least, whereas Log Horizon, despite it going all in on being detailed concerning its politics and such, was boring as fuck. Logically I thought I'd enjoy that more, but I just didn't.

No. Ironically, I liked SAO more than that. It was entertaining at the very least, whereas Log Horizon, despite it going all in on being detailed concerning its politics and such, was boring as fuck. Logically I thought I'd enjoy that more, but I just didn't.
I love log horizon, but the stakes and tone are different. SAO is a survival game, if you die that's it, game over, you die.

I don't need politics or anything, but if you're gonna throw people in a game if death, don't make it a harem romantic dramady series that's just missing the point by a mile.

Village

I will forever recommend Digibro's explanation as to why SAO is shit.

As fore why its popular, people ignore the sexual assult parts. And outside of that, its video game wish fulfillment with by the numbers designs. That's it.

dotHack should've blown up, goddamnit!

A lot of .hack is boring as all fuck.

.Hack is what happens when you take all that stuff we've been talking about, but make it all you ever have and drag that shit out for 25 episodes where nothing happens at all

I will forever recommend Digibro's explanation as to why SAO is shit.

As fore why its popular, people ignore the sexual assult parts. And outside of that, its video game wish fulfillment with by the numbers designs. That's it.
That video reminded me of how much potential SAO had in the first few episodes. That's part of the reason why I hate how it blew it so much.

Izuna

Banned
Izuna I didn't know you dislike H3H3 also. My brother.

Now I have someone else to connect with about disliking Youtubers.

Lol Lion my girl loved watcing the DeFrancoFam stuff be she stopped after PhillyD said some stupid stuff. We talk about Tre every now and then. Hopefully he doesn't grow up to be a fence sitter,
and I genuinely hope he doesn't get whatever genetic disease runs in his family.

Those political videos he did and "real-talk" was like 3-strikes in one go.

Make way, good anime coming thru
raw

Malyse

AT&T recruiting email said:
Plus, our Part-time Retail Sales Consultant who reach their goals earn an average of $ 10 in the first year. And it doesn’t stop there. Our top sellers earn an average of $ 21 per year. Pretty cool, right?

I'm so impressed.

Mornin' y'all, for those that are doing something hope you have a crazy sexy cool Vday, and if not, thats alright too. No need to appeal to the pressures of a commercialized holiday that should be everyday.

giphy.gif

Morning, all. How is everyone? You guys ready for a dose of nostalgia? Because here is a spyro animation I found that is pretty damn good.

Also, Frozenprince. Sorry for the snobbish post about the MLP movie I wrote. I didn't mean be rude and you didn't deserve that. Sorry, brah.

Johndoey

Banned
Russian Lawmakers Defend Michael Flynn and Accuse U.S. of 'Russophobia'

Konstantin Kosachev, chairman of the foreign affairs committee at the upper chamber of the Russian parliament, said in a post on Facebook that firing a national security adviser for his contacts with Russia is "not just paranoia but something even worse."

Kosachev also expressed frustration with the Trump administration.
"Either Trump hasn't found the necessary independence and he's been driven into a corner... or Russophobia has permeated the new administration from top to bottom."

Mob Psycho 100 is amazing because it tells the viewer to get off their ass and improve themselves. Reigen calling the villains' all a bunch of childish babied was godlike

I feel like Valentine's Day is oppressive to gaffers.Why celebrate a day when 99% of GAF is single (and will continue to be).

Why not a Not-In-a-Relationship Day instead?

Right, guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom