• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Harry Potter RPG would be amazing.

Let me make my character and go through the different year at school.

Let Sucker Punch make the game

What I really want is a god damn Harry Potter RPG what with social links.

Guess who got Popeyes for lunch ��

I wrote a game design document with this concept going into every little detail. Wrote out abilities, classes, quests, and even drew a map for Hogwarts castle and Hogsmeade.

I'm guessing they didn't spend a lot of money to get Matt Damon to do Great Wall because he's phoning this shit in hard. I'm sure Gerard Butler would've been way cheaper & would've done a better job.

----

Playing Pirate Warriors 3 showed me how good One Piece is but thanks to DBZ I'm never sitting through an everlasting Anime ever again. I'll treat it like Naruto & just play the games to get caught up on the story.

D i Z

Top o the mornin' BCT.

https://twitter.com/scene/status/831689159748169728

Jesus Christ. I want someone to hug her and someone to beat his ass.

I mean, they both need to grow up. Seems they like the games though.

One more reason not to play. Maybe it'll work for them though.

Sees Internet talking about "The Strange Thing about the Johnsons"
*Looks at premise*
Oh hell no.....

tumblr_o4s8d389nA1udh5n8o1_500.gif

Numb

I'm guessing they didn't spend a lot of money to get Matt Damon to do Great Wall because he's phoning this shit in hard. I'm sure Gerard Butler would've been way cheaper & would've done a better job.
Stealing work from asian actors like Emma Stone
SMH
Fan project lesgo
(get C&D'd)

Do you know who doesn't care bout trademarks?
China

There is this novel i read called Terror Infinity and it's about getting sent into movie worlds and surviving. They even go into Jojo
Surprsingly good

Pewdiepie blaming the LIBRUL MEDIA (lets all ignore that this guy lives in Sweden) for his downfall.

Ain't even trying, but of course people flock to tell him he's right.

Guess they really do "stick to gaming side".

Stealing work from asian actors like Emma Stone
SMH

Do you know who doesn't care bout trademarks?
China

There is this novel i read called Terror Infinity and it's about getting sent into movie worlds and surviving. They even go into Jojo
Surprsingly good

Man I love me some unashamed Chinese thievery. They come up with the best crossovers.

Pitch it to Rowling. She might actually go for it.
Last time I sent a letter to Rowling, I got a very copy and paste generic response that had nothing to do with what I wrote. I doubt she even read my letter. I got it somewhere in the house.

When I ever do get my own studio and have proven myself I might go to WB and Rowling to make a deal. I'll develop and you can publish.

Numb

Pewdiepie blaming the LIBRUL MEDIA (lets all ignore that this guy lives in Sweden) for his downfall.

Ain't even trying, but of course people flock to tell him he's right.

Guess they really do "stick to gaming side".

Man I love me some unashamed Chinese thievery. They come up with the best crossovers.
They've been sent to Alien,Grudge,Resident evil, The Mummy etc etc. sadly no Harry Potter yet

But there is this other novel i read where they do go into the Harry Potter world -_-
Both contain gaming elements where they lvl up and evolve

They've been sent to Alien,Grudge,Resident evil, The Mummy etc etc. sadly no Harry Potter yet

But there is this other novel i read where they do go into the Harry Potter world -_-
Both contain gaming elements where they lvl up and evolve

Of course they do. That's the new hotness.

Slayven

I wonder about Youtubers like PDP, they always get edgy when they are nearing the end of their shelf life. Most don't have the talent to transition beyond their old schtick.

You know who I respect on youtube? Those makeup people, cause their end game is to be part and start shaping the industry they grind commenting on.

akira28

Nazi jokes of a certain tone have been fine, but glorifying or ironically portraying them in a neutral or positive light for lols is creeping forward. Testing the waters, because they love those attractive and dutiful beautiful blonde men. The romantic tragedy of our age, the Nazis. Poor, poor, misguided Adolf.

Shit's ridiculous, "he's right, damn media!" like, dude spent 11 minutes railing about how he was being attacked and it's not his fault and he didn't do anything wrong but "oh he said sorry for 15 seconds so it's okay".

And yet we're the ones who lack "analytic insight as to racism and xenophobia".

Slayven

Nazi jokes of a certain tone have been fine, but glorifying or ironically portraying them in a neutral or positive light for lols is creeping forward. Testing the waters, because they love those attractive and dutiful beautiful blonde men. The romantic tragedy of our age, the Nazis. Poor, poor, misguided Adolf.

The thing about it, it is not even jokes. It's just being offensive. Jokes require setup, timing, and context.

Malyse

Last time I sent a letter to Rowling, I got a very copy and paste generic response that had nothing to do with what I wrote. I doubt she even read my letter. I got it somewhere in the house.

When I ever do get my own studio and have proven myself I might go to WB and Rowling to make a deal. I'll develop and you can publish.

Tweet at her.

Slayven

Shit's ridiculous, "he's right, damn media!" like, dude spent 11 minutes railing about how he was being attacked and it's not his fault and he didn't do anything wrong but "oh he said sorry for 15 seconds so it's okay".

And yet we're the ones who lack "analytic insight as to racism and xenophobia".

It is almost disheartening at how fast and hard people are to rationlized bigotry. Especially when they can opt out

akira28

let me be a racist and just say if it were a non millionaire non attractive person of a certain racial designation, the number of defenders and explainers would decline by quite a bit. The consensus would be that he was not only an ass, but a racist ass, by sheer fact of the crap he's slinging, be it for fun or seriously.

But instead its humor that I just don't get and a witch-hunt because he's successful and I'm jealous.

The thing about it, it is not even jokes. It's just being offensive. Jokes require setup, timing, and context.

well you know "jokes". but we all know and recognize this type of humor because we've seen it before. The hallmarks i recognized were the exploitation of minorities and less empowered, and the mean-spiritedness in place of humor. Just a prank bro.

setup? go find some brown dudes who need cash.

timing? variable, depends on the reaction which could be the timing effect, or the execution. in this case, cutiepie's shocked face, and the extended brown streak of the public outrage that he's also so surprised and humbled by, with his cynical ass. (he's not dumb, he just knows how degraded the standards have become)

context? racism/status quo all the context that is needed... extrapolate? these dudes will do anything for money, including say one of the most foul and vile things that can be said in western society. Vileness based on historical context most gloss over or ignore, or are ignorant of. and you can pay them from the comfort of your home over your internet utility, from within your first world borders. Or just pay them to fight or act like clowns. What a crazy world we live in.

Kreed

Create a character and equip a devil fruit. Then gather a crew and boat(your party) and go around islands
Even the marines could be playable

Only problem is finding a studio/developers that want to put time into something like that, vs just throwing out a fighter and getting easy money.

let me be a racist and just say if it were a non millionaire non attractive person of a certain racial designation, the number of defenders and explained would decline by quite a bit. The consensus would be that he was not only an ass, but a racist ass, by sheer fact of the crap he's slinging, be it for fun or seriously.

But instead its humor that I just don't get and a witch-hunt because he's successful and I'm jealous.

For.

Real.

This shit is ridiculous, people popping up out the ass to defend this guy. Why? The hell do you get for defending this asshole?

Slayven

For.

Real.

This shit is ridiculous, people popping up out the ass to defend this guy. Why? The hell do you get for defending this asshole?

Validation in their shitty views. If PDP is wrong they might have to do some self reflection and realized they views might be bad

Izuna

Banned
Not that it's an issue, but I might have to find someone else to go watch Hamilton with.

Knew that with taking her back, the tiniest of BS means "bye bye".

On the back of "I wanna go down end of April etc. see a gig etc.", there was this whole "so I'm not sure if I wanna wait." Welp, I'm not sure either.

We haven't broken up yet, but we might tomorrow. I'm tired of her short-term memory. Literally, I know all I have to do is wait until we're not far away, but how am I going to make life-changing plans for the future to permanently make it not a problem with "not sure" as the context.

Slay, if you wanna deal with this BS, be my guest.

~~

Worst part is that she has a body that overrides logic.

I'm telling y'all cause I need to be checked.

~~~

OH YEAH -- you know what I hate about Gaming side rn? They normally fucking HATE Pewdiepie. But defending a dude finding racism funny? Nah he's aight, fuck the media etc. I see past this BS. GAF is turning ass.

Numb

Only problem is finding a studio/developers that want to put time into something like that, vs just throwing out a fighter and getting easy money.
CDP Red seems to not care about time outside making games..
OH YEAH -- you know what I hate about Gaming side rn? They normally fucking HATE Pewdiepie. But defending a dude finding racism funny? Nah he's aight, fuck the media etc. I see past this BS. GAF is turning ass.

There we go
Been talking shit about threads of him every time for years but NOW is when he is defended

Yup between reading some of the dumb comments in that thread and the gamers are susceptible to alt right thoughts tells me I need to break from that side today. I'm gonna go play Yakuza.

akira28

lol Izuna living that FreeMufasa lifestyle.

Loving em and sending them home.

hey the best part is the most racist still love to play voyeur and enjoy a bit of the local 'color'. and it has always been the case. if you're lucky, someone might honk their horn and invite you over for a private discussion of their views, lmao.

D i Z

Not that it's an issue, but I might have to find someone else to go watch Hamilton with.

Knew that with taking her back, the tiniest of BS means "bye bye".

On the back of "I wanna go down end of April etc. see a gig etc.", there was this whole "so I'm not sure if I wanna wait." Welp, I'm not sure either.

We haven't broken up yet, but we might tomorrow. I'm tired of her short-term memory. Literally, I know all I have to do is wait until we're not far away, but how am I going to make life-changing plans for the future to permanently make it not a problem with "not sure" as the context.

Slay, if you wanna deal with this BS, be my guest.

~~

Worst part is that she has a body that overrides logic.

I'm telling y'all cause I need to be checked.

~~~

So.... no new profile pic then?
I'm just playing with you. Sorry that you guys are going through that, it's annoying.
It sounds like you're preparing to peace out on it all anyway. Stay flexible, bruh.

I hate this website sometimes I really do.

Taking a break for a minute.

Be good out there.

Gaming side is a hive of scum and villainy. And hypocritical fucktards that have probably put PDP on blast years back. Now they defend him. Wonder why....

---------

Evening folks, looks like the fuckery on gaming side is in full swing today.

Izuna

Banned
So.... no new profile pic then?
I'm just playing with you. Sorry that you guys are going through that, it's annoying.
It sounds like you're preparing to peace out on it all anyway. Stay flexible, bruh.

We've been doing shit for 5 years, we both know what's good. She has other issues which are making the loneliness exponentially worse ~~ the smallest of issue with that, and the relationship is the first thing threatened. And I understand it, it's fair, it's a natural reaction. Except for the fact that this decision means she can't have these concerns while I'm expected to act like there aren't any.

I can deal with it and carry on, because overall I'm happy, but it's not as good as it should be and it'll never be that way unless I have these principles.

~~

Slayven

We've been doing shit for 5 years, we both know what's good. She has other issues which are making the loneliness exponentially worse ~~ the smallest of issue with that, and the relationship is the first thing threatened. And I understand it, it's fair, it's a natural reaction. Except for the fact that this decision means she can't have these concerns while I'm expected to act like there aren't any.

I can deal with it and carry on, because overall I'm happy, but it's not as good as it should be and it'll never be that way unless I have these principles.

~~

I believe her

Johndoey

Banned
Man spent an entire conference whining about the media and dodging every question. Great.

The President of the United States spends a significant amount of his time basically calling journos big meanies that won't leave him alone.

LotusHD

Banned
These shows with huge worlds. It's a waste to play only as the main folk and there are already enough games with them
Fruits are random and can be whatever from stretching to lightning powers. They are basically super heroes. I'm sure they'll have more than enough stuff

I'm just saying that if someone were to ever tackle this, then realistically I would seeing them sticking to the main crew being playable, rather than a create-a-character. Seems more feasible, at least I think it is. But yea, in a perfect world, I'd love to see that. But at the same time, I'm tryna play or meet up with those iconic characters from the series we know and love lol

Either way, I wish someone would go all Witcher 3 on the One Piece manga and give us a damn good game out of the source material.

Numb

I hate this website sometimes I really do.

Taking a break for a minute.
Take care
I'm just saying that if someone were to ever tackle this, then realistically I would seeing them sticking to the main crew being playable, rather than a create-a-character. Seems more feasible, at least I think it is. But yea, in a perfect world, I'd love to see that. But at the same time, I'm tryna play or meet up with those iconic characters from the series we know and love lol

Either way, I wish someone would go all Witcher 3 on the One Piece manga and give us a damn good game out of the source material.
The scale we are thinking of might be too large to happen and Namco wouldn't put in that effort

Izuna

Banned
So... game licenses and saves are region locked on PS4, which means me buying a copy of Bloodborne for my own account doesn't mean I get to play it.

;/ Ugh, not sure what I wanna do to distract myself tonight

Whenever you're mad at GAF, remember that you could be trying to discuss this on Reddit. I get the desire for edgy comedy, but doing low quality vids with no real jokes in them isn't the way to go. An you're a moron if you think you can get away with it on Disney's dime. Pewdiepie is a grown-ass man that should of known better. Now he has to live with his decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom