• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

nah those are the dance dance revolution/ bullet hell of threads. I don't fuck with those and don't even try.

i was sure you was talking about amanita muscaria.

I they slowed down a lot. Back in the day Kpop and Pop would kill a browser and it's next of kin.

Look I'm just gonna say it, most of the NBA is dumb as all high hell. Most professional athletes are dumb as all high hell.

Pretty much, they been focused on pretty much one thing most of their life since puberty. But I am glad for the self aware ones like Lebron, Williams, and that baseball dude i can't remember the name of.

So I'm going through this POTUS ranking thread and... where the hell do y'all learn this much about the policies of each and every US president? Because we certainly didn't cover even 10% of this shit in school.
My undergrad was in US/Western history. Don't know bout anybody else's.

I like that shit, big history nerd.

I never liked his stuff. Did you listen to the stuff the others recommended to you? I was going to too, but I was wondering if there was something in particular you were looking for.

I was just looking for some new sounds. Im taking in The Odd Tape and Process by Sampha. I don't know I feel kinda bored with Hip Hop on a whole right now. I've found myself going straight to instrumentals or R&B.

BTW Blood Orange's Freetown Sound is an amazing body of work that I recommend to everyone.

RedSwirl

My high school went into detail about a lot of that stuff, but the teachers didn't go into too much detail. I ended up reading my history book from front to back a couple of times. Initially it was because I had Saturday School and needed to read something school-related to not get in trouble, but I ended up getting interested in everything surrounding WW2 (Depression, etc).

No idea if current school books are that detailed. My book was from the early 2000s, after all.

My undergrad was in US/Western history. Don't know bout anybody else's.

I like that shit, big history nerd.

I think the history electives I took were mostly world history. A lot more material to cover in about the same amount of time so you end up with broader strokes. Right now my best way of catching up has been Extra History on YouTube.

I use to reenact historical battles using miniatures.
Same. Got a ton of books on old battles

Edit: and Reagan pandered super hard to the black community, gotta remember that his fear campaigns had many neighborhoods asking him for harsher drug laws because the gang violence was getting so out of hand.

They just didn't realize that he would target everybody from those neighborhoods while still leaving them to die without any boon from the fed or the state to pump money into them. But Reagan is still real popular with people that think he tries to do the right thing. Which, well, he didn't and honestly I don't even think that was his fault. Dude had dementia within two years of his first term.

D i Z

For real though, I've been Googling books and things on US presidents and, is GAF just full of people who took politics courses in college or something? I guess if I went through the Wiki article of every POTUS I could get some of this information but, was there some History Channel documentary I missed? Is US education about its own government that bad?

Yes.

Look I'm just gonna say it, most of the NBA is dumb as all high hell. Most professional athletes are dumb as all high hell.

Pretty much this.

i was sure you was talking about amanita muscaria.

My space would be so much more colorful if that were the case.

Still, that b would come along and steal that shit. Again.

I was aces in history class in high school. I studied my ass off with cards and maintained an A average. Honestly that was the only class I feel proud of passing.

LotusHD

Banned
Why would you want to thief a Switch? It's shit.

1495.gif

I was aces in history class in high school. I studied my ass off with cards and maintained an A average. Honestly that was the only class I feel proud of passing.

I had a low B/high C grade in my history class, IIRC. Our teacher was pretty boring and I was constantly reading ahead so I was never at the same place as the rest of the class. Same deal in English too. I remember the entire class did a double take in my direction when he was announcing grades from a test we did.

"The highest score was a 98."
*asks each student if they want their grade announced, finally gets to me*
"Yeah sure, I don't care."
"...you got the 98."
"...wow!"

One of my classmates I guess attempted to snitch on me by saying that I was always reading ahead when we were reading out loud from novels. The teacher was more annoyed at him than at me, lol.

I honestly should've taken high school more seriously, but I was going through a *lot* so I just dicked around.

zeemumu

I had a low B/high C grade in my history class, IIRC. Our teacher was pretty boring and I was constantly reading ahead so I was never at the same place as the rest of the class. Same deal in English too. I remember the entire class did a double take in my direction when he was announcing grades from a test we did.

"The highest score was a 98."
*asks each student if they want their grade announced, finally gets to me*
"Yeah sure, I don't care."
"...you got the 98."
"...wow!"

One of my classmates I guess attempted to snitch on me by saying that I was always reading ahead when we were reading out loud from novels. The teacher was more annoyed at him than at me, lol.

I honestly should've taken high school more seriously, but I was going through a *lot* so I just dicked around.

I've been taking physics, math, and computer science courses for the past year. I miss the other subjects and not have a GPA that looked like crap

I've been taking physics, math, and computer science courses for the past year. I miss the other subjects and not have a GPA that looked like crap

I think if I had liked my teachers more, I would've done way better. The aforementioned English teacher, and my Government teacher, were both cool as shit and I can't remember ever studying harder or paying attention more in any other class.

Every new Switch thread is the most embarrassing thread I've read on here. Honestly, some of the posters in them are just...geez

Anyway, just saw John Wick 2 with friends. See that shit!

I was just looking for some new sounds. Im taking in The Odd Tape and Process by Sampha. I don't know I feel kinda bored with Hip Hop on a whole right now. I've found myself going straight to instrumentals or R&B.

BTW Blood Orange's Freetown Sound is an amazing body of work that I recommend to everyone.

There's so much variation out there though. I'll give you a couple lyric tracks and some instrumentals and R&B.

Princess Nokia - Green Line

Tweet-Charlene

Vanilla-Moonlight

Joyce Wrice - Rocket Science/Stay Around/Take It Easy

Sammus - Perfect Dark

I don't think I listened to anything that came out this year other than that Vanilla.

Every new Switch thread is the most embarrassing thread I've read on here. Honestly, some of the posters in them are just...geez
The threads where features are announced are the worst ones
"I don't mind no Netflix. I only buy gaming systems to play games!"
"I don't mind paying for online because there is a chance Nintendo will fix it now!"
"I don't mind that there is no internet browser. I barely used it on Wii U!"
The list goes on...

"I don't mind paying for online because there is a chance Nintendo will fix it now!"
The list goes on...

What's wrong with any of those?

LotusHD

Banned
The list goes on...

I won't lie, none of what you listed is gonna stop me from pre-ordering. I'm just smart enough to not post in those threads and say that, cuz dem optics lol, it'd literally get me nowhere. Neither is exactly something I could defend to begin with, like the internet browser or phone thing; I just know that it doesn't affect me personally. There's a lot to be disappointed about, but I'd be lying if I said that some people clearly love to shit on the Switch no matter what. On one hand it clearly deserves some ridicule, but I definitely peep a bunch of posts that just make a nigga go "Lol..."

Nudull

Banned
Finished past episode 7 of Atlanta. It's amazing how brilliant this show has been so far, I feel bad for missing it as it aired. Episode 7 itself felt pretty Adult Swim-ish, and I'm so glad I didn't spoil any of it.

Also, I really need to watch The Raid 2.

What's wrong with any of those?
The system is $300 with pretty much 1 game that matters at launch with paid online, something Nintendo struggled with in the past. It doesn't have any of the features that the two competing consoles had during their launches but it's usually shrugged off by some because it's Nintendo.
I don't usually care about paid online because I don't pay for online but it will be really shitty to have to pay for it when the next mainline Pokemon hits.
I'm still buying one but it's still really disappointing in some areas.

LotusHD

Banned
Finished past episode 7 of Atlanta. It's amazing how brilliant this show has been so far, I feel bad for missing it as it aired. Episode 7 itself felt pretty Adult Swim-ish, and I'm so glad I didn't spoil any of it.

Man I miss that show. I knew it was special cuz my friends actually went out of their way to watch it with me weekly lol

Malyse

People really should know better than to try to fuck with family friendly corporations.

-----

Still trying to figure out how Reagan is supposed to be a better president than Obama.

The system is $300 with pretty much 1 game that matters at launch with paid online, something Nintendo struggled with in the past. It doesn't have any of the features that the two competing consoles had during their launches but it's usually shrugged off by some because it's Nintendo.
I don't usually care about paid online because I don't pay for online but it will be really shitty to have to pay for it when the next mainline Pokemon hits.
I'm still buying one but it's still really disappointing in some areas.

Don't seem that bad to me.

People really should know better than to try to fuck with family friendly corporations.

-----

Still trying to figure out how Reagan is supposed to be a better president than Obama.
Reagan crushed the Soviets (not really but we'll go with it). And Obama accomplished very little after his first two years (not his fault).

That and white people just have an affinity towards him because grats when "times were good".

So, stupid shit.

LotusHD

Banned
The
Dodge and Coconut Crunchos commercials
got so fucked up, I was dying. XD

Everything about that episode was just hilarious, but the whole Harrison Booth thing in particular is what had me deceased, especially with the punchline of him
not giving a fuck about transgender people.

Nudull

Banned
Everything about that episode was just hilarious, but the whole Harrison Booth thing in particular is what had me deceased, especially with the punchline of him
not giving a fuck about transgender people.

"You powered up? Cause you look like a Super Saiyan"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom