• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I swear giving people easy to use video cameras will be seen as a bad thing when looked back on history.
Aw fuck. What happened?
Thread joke, Gordon just taking time off
That's on a "drug dealer posting his stash on social media" level of stupidass right there.

Nah i think this worst, you post it on twitter then go and brag about it on reddit.

I swear giving people easy to use video cameras will be seen as a bad thing when looked back on history.

It's a bad thing looking back on it now.

"Here, lets remove all pretense of privacy and personal space while making sure it's you doing it so you don't even notice."

Takes one really bad thing to make this into a ready made 1984 police state.

Thread joke, Gordon just taking time off

Nah i think this worst, you post it on twitter then go and brag about it on reddit.

If it was me I don't own camera, so no temptation to do some dumb shit.

zeemumu

You don't have to be black to join the BCT, you just got have a good sense of humor and hate The Book of Eli.

And fill out the required form

Where you're from -
Where you live -
What is your age? -
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots -
Favorite musical genre -
Your profession/major/career interest -
Your religious affiliation -
Hobbies -
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? -
Marvel or DC? -
Favorite superhero? -
Anime or Nah? -
Favorite sport and team? -
What's your favorite Disney movie? -
What's your favorite video game and genre? -

RedSwirl

So I'm going through this POTUS ranking thread and... where the hell do y'all learn this much about the policies of each and every US president? Because we certainly didn't cover even 10% of this shit in school.

iavi

The dichotomy between how black folk see Reagan and how white conservatives and liberals see Reagan will never not cease to amaze me.

RedSwirl

For real though, I've been Googling books and things on US presidents and, is GAF just full of people who took politics courses in college or something? I guess if I went through the Wiki article of every POTUS I could get some of this information but, was there some History Channel documentary I missed? Is US education about its own government that bad?

For real though, I've been Googling books and things on US presidents and, is GAF just full of people who took politics courses in college or something? I guess if I went through the Wiki article of every POTUS I could get some of this information but, was there some History Channel documentary I missed? Is US education about its own government that bad?
My high school went into detail about a lot of that stuff, but the teachers didn't go into too much detail. I ended up reading my history book from front to back a couple of times. Initially it was because I had Saturday School and needed to read something school-related to not get in trouble, but I ended up getting interested in everything surrounding WW2 (Depression, etc).

No idea if current school books are that detailed. My book was from the early 2000s, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom