• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Everything about that episode was just hilarious, but the whole Harrison Booth thing in particular is what had me deceased, especially with the punchline of him
not giving a fuck about transgender people.

Felon Degeneres
lmao

cinco

Is I Am Not Your Negro showing near anyone? Anyone here see it? I just saw it on Friday and it's a must-see.

Trailer

Saw it last weekend in Houston. Excellent doc. Sam Jackson's narration was very subdued. I was fairly surprised at the ethnicity make up of the audience. Seemed to be a 60% black 40% white/Hispanic mix

Numb

I'm claiming the next OT if Demi really isn't making it
If i'm fucking up my first thread i'm giving the honor to a BCT one

Nikkas out here think I'm stupid. Car next to me at the light has like 5 guys in it, one get out and tried to get me to unlock my door to ask for directions, then pull on my door handle

RedSwirl

Same. Got a ton of books on old battles

Edit: and Reagan pandered super hard to the black community, gotta remember that his fear campaigns had many neighborhoods asking him for harsher drug laws because the gang violence was getting so out of hand.

They just didn't realize that he would target everybody from those neighborhoods while still leaving them to die without any boon from the fed or the state to pump money into them. But Reagan is still real popular with people that think he tries to do the right thing. Which, well, he didn't and honestly I don't even think that was his fault. Dude had dementia within two years of his first term.

Didn't Reagan ironically take a slightly more holistic approach to the war on drugs than how it's handled today?

Next time PV with bulletproof glass
I wasn't too worried because only one got out and tried to passenger door, we were the only 2 cars on the street and supposedly they wanted to get to another street that was 1000 feet away the. They followers my direction keep the speed limit when no one ever does especially that street

Numb

Briney Spears, i still would
Nah, breh
I wasn't too worried because only one got out and tried to passenger door, we were the only 2 cars on the street and supposedly they wanted to get to another street that was 1000 feet away the. They followers my direction keep the speed limit when no one ever does especially that street

Careful out there

----

Wish i had as much energy as Jandro in gym

S2WiTHr.gif

Johndoey

Banned
Norma McCorvey, Plaintiff in Landmark Roe v. Wade Abortion Case, Dies at 69
-
Memos signed by DHS secretary describe sweeping new guidelines for deporting illegal immigrants

Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly has signed sweeping new guidelines that empower federal authorities to more aggressively detain and deport illegal immigrants inside the United States and at the border

The surge of immigration at the southern border has overwhelmed federal agencies and resources and has created a significant national security vulnerability to the United States,” Kelly stated in the guidelines.

He cited a surge of 10,000 to 15,000 additional apprehensions per month at the southern U.S. border between 2015 and 2016.

However, many specifics of achieving the goals of Trump’s executive orders remain unclear. For example, Kelly’s memos direct federal officials to seek all available funding for the border wall, but most of the funds, estimated at more than $20 billion, must be appropriated by Congress

FyreWulff

I've always sort of wanted to do a "series" thread on GAF where people discuss each president in order.

The Harrison thread would be short.

Beefy

Yeah. Ray Kroc must've been a money hungry bastard. As well as a cold one.

Well in the movie Kroc offered to buy them out
when one of the brothers was in hospital after a angina attack. In the deal the brothers were meant to get 1% of earnings per year for life (passed on to their family). But Kroc went back on the deal which would have seen them get $100m per year.

Well in the movie Kroc offered to buy them out
when one of the brothers was in hospital after angina attack. In the deal the brothers were meant to get 1% of earnings per year for life (passed on to their family). But Kroc went back on the deal which would have seen them get $100m per year.

Fuck Kroc. Just...fuck Kroc.

zeemumu

Just the trailer alobe was like

"Two brothers made a small resturant, watch as Michael Keaton does everything he can to take it from them and do what he wants with it!"

The inspirational story of a small-time milkshake machine salesman who steals two brothers' livelihoods and then runs them out of business, while also seducing a friend's wife behind his back.

Slayven

A dude is legit mad that a person wrote a long ass review on horizons instead of just slapping a number on it.

Said it was "unprofessional"

Slayven

amazon is recommending MIlo's book and "No place for white males". I am trying to figure what the hell I looked at that would inspire that.

LotusHD

Banned
Horizon and For Honor look fun but for some reason I'm not overcome with hype.

Not into online games in general, so For Honor was never going to appeal to me. Whereas Horizon, I go back and forth on "Hmm, maybe..." to "No thanks". Ironically my initial concerns was the story and sidequests, while agreeing with the consensus that the combat looks pretty great. Now I'm not particularly wowed by that either.

Well either way, if I do pick it up, it'll be when it's a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom