• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

DvbSyPC.png

I'M BACK FROM THE LAND OF NO FUCKING INTERNET.

My net has been down since Friday. 😭
We know you were on a mission and had to go dark.

Diz and shy get your people

akira28

lordy. that was not great but not bad. so he does like a self parody mockumentary type thing. some laughs, but mostly awkward discomfort.

could be something with better writing.

Look at this bozo Sheriff:
rDnc.jpg

His approval numbers are absolutely in the gutter though and his chances for reelection are rock bottom.His democratic constituency doesnt approve of prisoners dying in his jails while he's awol from his job and ranting like someones crazy uncle on national tv.
Whites and Blacks in Clarke's county are now in mutual agreement about his joke status.

Crab.

Slayven

Nah. You can't pin that on us. Our peoples are all tied up filming the Deee-Lite come back tour.

Talk to Izuna about your grievances.

Izuna moved yesterday and haven't seen him since. I hope nothing bad has happen to him. I should take his girl something to eat and see if she is ok

D i Z

Izuna moved yesterday and haven't seen him since. I hope nothing bad has happen to him. I should take his girl something to eat and see if she is ok

Who did you promise a Switch to to have dude waylaid?
You know what, I see nothing wrong here.

Carry on.

AJLma

Well there is a real problem with the lack of proper focus. On the side of those who would form the movement, I mean. The disrespect can be unfair in some ways, but in more important ways it should be a wake up call instead of an excuse to lump more disappointment upon the black person. Now is the time for silent industry, showing results will bring more to understanding than the longest, most impassioned, most knowledge filled diatribes.

and what did you mean when you said something to the effect that you suspected that pan-Africanists would be pleased with the turmoil?

You're right about that. The problem with the silent plan is that it's been silent for a long time... I had typed out another pretty long post in response to this but I'm gonna take your advice.

and anything negative happening in the USA just seems to be validation for the more outspoken Pan-Africanists. "Good, more black people waking up!", I've heard.

akira28

You're right about that. The problem with the silent plan is that it's been silent for a long time... I had typed out another pretty long post in response to this but I'm gonna take your advice.

and anything negative happening in the USA just seems to be validation for the more outspoken Pan-Africanists. "Good, more black people waking up!", I've heard.

hrm...can't contend with you there brother. I've noticed the same. But I've interpreted it as them trying to grasp onto the tiny bit of positive in light of all this negative.

and nothing says the voices must remain silent. only that when they speak it is to call others to a table that they themselves have built. no one is going to ignore that voice when it speaks.

And yet nobody that needs to see it is.

watch PBS in 2017 brehs.

that shit should have released on Netflix or HBO with a million or more spent on commercial hype. Then certain people would be seeing it. ain't nobody trying to watch tv to learn nothin.

'The Series they didn't want you to see. Now only on HBO. RACE.'

LionPride

Banned
And yet nobody that needs to see it is.

watch PBS in 2017 brehs.

that shit should have released on Netflix or HBO with a million or more spent on commercial hype. Then certain people would be seeing it. ain't nobody trying to watch tv to learn nothin.

'The Series they didn't want you to see. Now only on HBO. RACE.'

PBS done had a lot of good political and racial content in the last couple years...just sayin

akira28

oh I love PBS, I'm just saying that...well I'm not the one they need lovin on public broadcast media

they need to get those folks who are about to allow commander cheeto to defund public broadcasting. he doesn't know how half of this shit gets made, only that he knows better and that he's going to fix it.

shingi70

Banned
Had a great day today. Went over my girlfriends house today, she was sick and called off so we spent the day watching Doxtor Who. Her 4 year old brother is running around the house in a bath robe and using his toothbrush as a sonic screwdriver.

Slayven

Had a great day today. Went over my girlfriends house today, she was sick and called off so we spent the day watching Doxtor Who. Her 4 year old brother is running around the house in a bath robe and using his toothbrush as a sonic screwdriver.

Funny thing is, I think actually happened in Doctor Who

daffy

Banned
someone posted this in the black women thread. spent awhile lurking. probably won't post much but just wanna say this thread is awesome! I'll do the form:

Where you're from - Marseille, France
Where you live - Los Angeles, California
What is your age? - 24
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - white folks
Do you know your roots - no not really.
Favorite musical genre - Alternative/Indie Pop
Your profession/major/career interest - Television/Broadcast / Film Studies
Your religious affiliation - athiest
Hobbies - i like running. I'm a theme park junkie. I like concerts, festivals etc.
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - whew them waffle tenders hnngg
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - Batman
Anime or Nah? - yah. I love Baccano! Watching DB Super now.
Favorite sport and team? - U.S. Women's Olympic Foo-- Soccer Team!
What's your favorite Disney movie? - Aristocats
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Earthbound. Still haven't beat it lul. I like Action Platformers most

much love <3

D i Z

Sup, Daffy.

Shy, I ignored your video advice and went in fully jacked to bare fist fight that fool. Disarmed him, did jack for damage. Got my ass kicked.

Went back to doing what the video said to do in the first place, and I beat dude like he sold me a stack of used PSN cards.

I guess what I'm saying is, you're next ten credits on the hotline are free, homie!

1-800-GET-GUDR

Shy

Sup, Daffy.

Shy, I ignored your video advice and went in fully jacked to bare fist fight that fool. Disarmed him, did jack for damage. Got my ass kicked.

Went back to doing what the video said to do in the first place, and I beat dude like he sold me a stack of used PSN cards.

I guess what I'm saying is, you're next ten credits on the hotline are free, homie!

1-800-GET-GUDR
LOL. Congrats on beating him.

Those two spells are very handy.

Zekes!

Only Metal Gears I've concerned myself with are MGS3 and MGS5. Say what you will about 5's story, the gameplay was masterful shit

Kojima is a really good-natured guy in person, and from a game dev standpoint he's put in the work over his years, but he's also a huge perv and if he made a movie he'd probably be called the next Zack Snyder.

zeemumu

Only Metal Gears I've concerned myself with are MGS3 and MGS5. Say what you will about 5's story, the gameplay was masterful shit

I finished MGS1, MGS4, and Metal Gear Rising

MGS is one of those things that makes me feel like I am being trolled. I look at hot topic level deep stuff and just cringe

I'm not sure how you get to hot topic from MGS. The series always seemed like it was supposed to be a love letter to spy movies and a social commentary/satire on global political powers.

Zekes!

I finished MGS1, MGS4, and Metal Gear Rising

I'm not sure how you get to hot topic from MGS. The series always seemed like it was supposed to be a love letter to spy movies and a social commentary/satire on global political powers.

Oh yeah, Rising is dope. I own the original PS2 MGS1,2 and 3 collection pack (I got it with the intention of playing 1 and 2) and also played Peace Walker

I feel alone in the universe, but because I only really played 3 and 5 (and Peace Walker), Big Boss IS MGS to me, even though I know Solid Snake is the main dude

Nudull

Banned
Kojima is a really good-natured guy in person, and from a game dev standpoint he's put in the work over his years, but he's also a huge perv and if he made a movie he'd probably be called the next Zack Snyder.

Jesus Christ. I'm now imagining Snyder and Kojima making a movie together...

zeemumu

Oh yeah, Rising is dope. I own the original PS2 MGS1,2 and 3 collection pack (I got it with the intention of playing 1 and 2) and also played Peace Walker

I feel alone in the universe, but because I only really played 3 and 5 (and Peace Walker), Big Boss IS MGS to me, even though I know Solid Snake is the main dude

I'm aware of Big Boss even though I haven't finished 3 and haven't even played 5. 3 is considered the best in the series so I'm looking forward to completing it once I finish the other games on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom